Replies

• pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    Unemployed? In GREENland??? :huh:
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My daughter was a little scared the first time we put this movie on, my husband and I can't wait until she is ready to fully appreciate it.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    the people who havent seen it need to be visited by ROUS

Truth.

Everyone here made my day. :)
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    READ THE BOOK!! It's AWESOME!! Buttercup is SUCH a moron, it's hilarious! :D

I found the book to be awfully misogynistic... but then again, I haven't read it in YEARS.

(This is not to say it wasn't hilarious and an amazing read and I loved the map and the Zoo of Death is SO MUCH MORE FULFILLING than the Pit of Despair... but hey, some allowances have to be made for book->movie translations, am I right?)
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    A nice mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich where the mutton is nice and lean...

How would we log that one?

LOL. I bet we are all going to be watching this in the next few days now even if we hadn't plan on it. BEST movie EVER!!!!!
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I went to "The Princess Bride: A Drinking Game" at a cool old theatre/bowling alley last month. It was HILARIOUS and fun! There were like 10 people on stage and it was pretty much a live reading of the script. Each person had a few roles they had to read/play. Every time someone said their name in the script - they had to drink/do a shot. Inigo Montoya was pretty drunk by the end! There were also key phrases:

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.
    Inconcievable
    As you wish

...when these phrases were aaid, the audiance had to drink. It was a blast. Next month they are doing the same with Back to the Future. I may have to go to that one too!
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    this movie has saved my life...

a couple years ago we were at cub scout day camp... and there was a lightnening storm... and they didn't plan any rainy day activity... so they had 75 boys under the age of 12 stuck... in one spot ... so I gathered them all together and started with in a land far away there lived a girl named Buttercup... and recited the movie...

after about 45 minutes the rain and lightening stopped and the boys could go out and none wanted to leave... so I promised them that if they were VERY good I would continue it the next day... it was my fall back for the whole week and my group was the best behaved because all of them wanted to find out what happened to the gentle giant and the black masked man and the spaniard ;)

This made me smile. :) The Princess Bride will always have a space in my heart.
  • krismonaco
    krismonaco Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Is it bad I have no clue what movie you're all talking about...

Yes! You MUST watch the Princess Bride!
  • Coyotemama
    Coyotemama Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    LOVE this movie!

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

I am the brute squad.

We are men of action; lies do not become us.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    ASSSSSS YOUUUUU WIIIIISSSSSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

But...what about the ROUS's?!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fierceangel1982
    Options
    Princess Bride as a drinking game?! What an amazing idea. Love this movie and so in love with Inigo Montoya.
  • Glassgal01
    Glassgal01 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Love It! I have this Movie, need to get it out again. One of my Favs!
  • wlgreen379
    wlgreen379 Posts: 104
    Options
    Anybody want a peanut?
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    In my top 5 greatest movies ever!

Inigo Montoya: My father was slaughtered by a six-fingered man. He was a great swordmaker, my father. When the six-fingered man appeared and requested a special sword. My father took the job. He slaved a year before it was done.

[Shows the Man in Black the sword]

Man in Black: I've never seen its equal.
    Inigo Montoya: The six-fingered man returned and demanded it, but at one tenth his promised price, my father refused. Without a word, the six-fingered man slashed him through the heart. I loved my father. So naturally, I challenged his murderer to a duel. I failed. The six-fingered man left me alive, but he gave me these.

[strokes the scars on his cheeks]

Man in Black: How old were you?
    Inigo Montoya: I was eleven years old. And when I was strong enough, I dedicated my life to the study of fencing. So the next time we meet, I will not fail. I will go up to the six-fingered man and say, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I went to "The Princess Bride: A Drinking Game" at a cool old theatre/bowling alley last month. It was HILARIOUS and fun! There were like 10 people on stage and it was pretty much a live reading of the script. Each person had a few roles they had to read/play. Every time someone said their name in the script - they had to drink/do a shot. Inigo Montoya was pretty drunk by the end! There were also key phrases:

Inconcievable
    As you wish

...when these phrases were aaid, the audiance had to drink. It was a blast. Next month they are doing the same with Back to the Future. I may have to go to that one too!

Where is this place??! I would totally go!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up. Buttercup is marry' Humperdinck in a little less than half an hour. So all we have to do is get in, break up the wedding, steal the princess, make our escape.
  • mayhemrat2
    mayhemrat2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Inigo: Where did we put the wheelbarrow the albino had?

Fezzik: Over the albino, I think...

Westley: Why didn't you list that among our assests in the first place?
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love, love this movie.

Buttercup: We'll never survive.
    Westley: Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    A few of my favorites that haven't been listed so far...

No More Rhymes Now I Mean It!

Anybody want a peanut? :bigsmile:
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

Inconcievable
    As you wish

Where is this place??! I would totally go!

we so need to plan a field trip to this place....who's in?