Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya

Options

Replies

• LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I love this movie! I think I should bust out the DVD and introduce my kids to it this weekend!
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Inconceivable! :wink:

You keep saying that, I don't think you know what that word means.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i have a shirt that says the whole phrase on what looks to be a "hello, my name is" sticker..its fooled quite a few people:laugh:
  • wlgreen379
    wlgreen379 Posts: 104
    Options
    I really hope it is raining this afternoon so I can strap my daughter to the couch and make her watch it. She's only 4 but she HAS to love this movie as much as I do.
  • seardefilip
    Options
    AS YOU WIIIIIIISSSSSSHHHHH!
  • MrsB724
    MrsB724 Posts: 247
    Options
    A few of my favorites that haven't been listed so far...

No More Rhymes Now I Mean It!

Anybody want a peanut?

Love this movie. Our first dance at our wedding was to the theme song from this movie.....oh the memories :)
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    Max: "I told you never to say that name!"

Valerie: "What, Humperdinck?"

Max: "Aaa!"

Valerie: "Humperdinck! Humperdi-i-i-ink! Humperdinck, Humperdinck, Humperdinck!"

Max: "Nobody's hearin' nothin'!"
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Inconceivable! :wink:

^
    ^
    DEFINITELY THIS :drinker:
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    So bow down to her if you want, bow to her. Bow to the queen of slime, the queen of filth, the queen of putrescence... Boo. Boo! Rubbish, filth, slime, muck... Boo! Boo!

BOOOOO!
  • writinwater
    Options
    Thanks Guys, I love this film & try to watch it whenever it is on! Although I never knew it was a book - book ordered & will be delivered within 4 working days, haha can't wait :bigsmile:

Russ

Haha, good one! You're gonna love it!! :D
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I am seriously in love with each of you... this is the best movie ever! My kids like it, maybe not as much as me, but they've only seen it a few times. Next rainy afternoon we get, this is going on the big screen!!!!

"I'm not a witch, I'm your WIFE!"

one of my favs... but they are ALL great!!!!
  • mom2enlp
    mom2enlp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Can't see Mandy Patinkin in anything (even episodes of Criminal Minds) without thinking it...
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    And another... but this one you just have to hear.

http://www.moviesoundclips.net/download.php?id=2887&ft=wav
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    L-O-V-E THIS MOVIE!!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I am sorry. We cannot be friends. I have 6 fingers. It will never work.

But if you can overlook that, I will give it a shot.
  • JenG_2011
    JenG_2011 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    BEST.MOVIE.EVER!!

No more rhymes now, I mean it.. anybody want a peanut? .. one of my favorite lines

and I swear my youngest son looked just like Vizzini when he was born.. we kept looking at him and whispering "INCONCEIVABLE!!'
  • writinwater
    Options
    READ THE BOOK!! It's AWESOME!! Buttercup is SUCH a moron, it's hilarious! :D

I found the book to be awfully misogynistic... but then again, I haven't read it in YEARS.

(This is not to say it wasn't hilarious and an amazing read and I loved the map and the Zoo of Death is SO MUCH MORE FULFILLING than the Pit of Despair... but hey, some allowances have to be made for book->movie translations, am I right?)

I tend to skip all the stuff at the start where he's rediscovered the book as an adult (that's a bit weird and TMI about the girl at the pool..), and I can't count the number of people who have read it and asked me if Morgenstern is a real author *face palm*

You're so right about the translation - they did an AWESOME job! Athough I think William Goldman is actually a screen writer, so it was probably intended to be a movie from the start? (I something along those lines years ago, anyway) :D
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    did I make it clear that your JOB is at stake? \m/
  • gritgirl
    gritgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I actually bought the book when it first came out a long, long time ago. I think the book is even funnier than the movie and it saved my bacon during the loooong summer visits with my father and his new wife. A wonderful way to escape. In the book, Buttercup is the stupidest being alive and that actually adds wonderfully to the story.
  • Skeen903
    Skeen903 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Love the movie!!!!