Replies

• Meloyelo2010
    Meloyelo2010 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you ;) ha ha ha
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    I'll explain and I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog faced buffoon.
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    hahahaa, as soon as I saw this, I KNEW I had to open it :)

This! I looooove this movie so much. :)
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Love love love that movie!

My husband and I own a video store....I hope we still have it. Now I want to watch it again :-)
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Can't see Mandy Patinkin in anything (even episodes of Criminal Minds) without thinking it...

Same here. I had a hard time taking him seriously in Dead Like Me (which was an awesome show that I wish hadn't been canceled).
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    A nice mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich where the mutton is nice and lean...

They're so perky, I love that.
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Best movie ever! Have fun storming the castle!!
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    In my top 5 greatest movies ever!

Inigo Montoya: My father was slaughtered by a six-fingered man. He was a great swordmaker, my father. When the six-fingered man appeared and requested a special sword. My father took the job. He slaved a year before it was done.

[Shows the Man in Black the sword]

Man in Black: I've never seen its equal.
    Inigo Montoya: The six-fingered man returned and demanded it, but at one tenth his promised price, my father refused. Without a word, the six-fingered man slashed him through the heart. I loved my father. So naturally, I challenged his murderer to a duel. I failed. The six-fingered man left me alive, but he gave me these.

[strokes the scars on his cheeks]

Man in Black: How old were you?
    Inigo Montoya: I was eleven years old. And when I was strong enough, I dedicated my life to the study of fencing. So the next time we meet, I will not fail. I will go up to the six-fingered man and say, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

I think this is one of the GREATEST scenes in cinema, not for the upcoming swordfight, and not for the childhood story, but for the characterization of both men. Inigo actually HANDS HIS SWORD OVER to his rival, who he has to figure is there to try to kill him.

The honor that they both display there is something I've rarely seen displayed in movie characters.

"You seem a decent fellow... I hate to die," indeed!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Inigo Montoya: You are wonderful.
    Man in Black: Thank you; I've worked hard to become so.
    Inigo Montoya: I admit it, you are better than I am.
    Man in Black: Then why are you smiling?
    Inigo Montoya: Because I know something you don't know.
    Man in Black: And what is that?
    Inigo Montoya: I... am not left-handed.
    [Moves his sword to his right hand and gains an advantage]
    Man in Black: You are amazing.
    Inigo Montoya: I ought to be, after 20 years.
    Man in Black: Oh, there's something I ought to tell you.
    Inigo Montoya: Tell me.
    Man in Black: I'm not left-handed either.
    [Moves his sword to his right hand and regains his advantage]

I love this fight scene!!
  • writinwater
    Options
    Can't see Mandy Patinkin in anything (even episodes of Criminal Minds) without thinking it...

HOW DID I NEVER NOTICE THAT IT'S HIM BEFORE?!

Thank you, you've changed my life for the better.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    He's not all dead, he's just mostly dead. Here, I'll show you.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Love it!! Have to revisit it...SOOOON.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    You're so right about the translation - they did an AWESOME job! Athough I think William Goldman is actually a screen writer, so it was probably intended to be a movie from the start? (I something along those lines years ago, anyway) :D

Actually, this reminded me of another book/movie translation that I really thought was done exquisitely: Misery. And William Goldman did the screenplay for that one too! Hmmm....
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I really hope it is raining this afternoon so I can strap my daughter to the couch and make her watch it. She's only 4 but she HAS to love this movie as much as I do.

If she doesn't will you throw her to the shrieking eels?
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I would have thought you would have found me by my name.......

Anyone want a peanut?
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    So bow down to her if you want, bow to her. Bow to the queen of slime, the queen of filth, the queen of putrescence... Boo. Boo! Rubbish, filth, slime, muck... Boo! Boo!

BOOOOO!

Ahhh, you beat me to it! :flowerforyou:

I have a tshirt with Fezzig on it and it reads "I'm on the Brute Squad". It is too big for me now, but I will wear it forever!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I adore this movie! :)
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    hahahaa, as soon as I saw this, I KNEW I had to open it :)

^^^Absolutely.

LIAR! LIAR!

Now I want to watch it. Did you see the reunion picture a few months back? It was awesome!

reunion picture?!?!?! No, I guess will have to find it! :(

AWESOME MOVIE!!! :)
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    In my top 5 greatest movies ever!

Inigo Montoya: My father was slaughtered by a six-fingered man. He was a great swordmaker, my father. When the six-fingered man appeared and requested a special sword. My father took the job. He slaved a year before it was done.

[Shows the Man in Black the sword]

Man in Black: I've never seen its equal.
    Inigo Montoya: The six-fingered man returned and demanded it, but at one tenth his promised price, my father refused. Without a word, the six-fingered man slashed him through the heart. I loved my father. So naturally, I challenged his murderer to a duel. I failed. The six-fingered man left me alive, but he gave me these.

[strokes the scars on his cheeks]

Man in Black: How old were you?
    Inigo Montoya: I was eleven years old. And when I was strong enough, I dedicated my life to the study of fencing. So the next time we meet, I will not fail. I will go up to the six-fingered man and say, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

I think this is one of the GREATEST scenes in cinema, not for the upcoming swordfight, and not for the childhood story, but for the characterization of both men. Inigo actually HANDS HIS SWORD OVER to his rival, who he has to figure is there to try to kill him.

The honor that they both display there is something I've rarely seen displayed in movie characters.

"You seem a decent fellow... I hate to die," indeed!

I agree...the charater development in this movie is fantastic. I love this scene.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

HOW DID I NEVER NOTICE THAT IT'S HIM BEFORE?!

Thank you, you've changed my life for the better.

It was harder to watch him in Dead Like Me...I miss that show