Do people think your older or younger than you look?

Options

Replies

• LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    People think I am younger. I am 35 and got ID'd the other day! Hey - I'm not complaining!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am 37 and people say I look under 30...With my 19yr old son they think he is my brother....Of course my mom looks like she could be my sister as well...She looks really young...I hope I stay looking younger too... :)
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Younger, I'm 30 now and some people I met at the weekend assumed I was around 20-22, then got hit on by a 16 year old, much to my hubbies amusement.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Well I'm only 20 but people think I'm late 20's for some reason and when I say I'm only 20 they think I'm lying.

Sad Story-- someone thought my 10y/o little brother was my son. Ouch.

eh i wouldn't take that as an insult really. do you see how many "babies" are having babies?? i have a friend who gets asked constantly if her husband is her dad. she looks very much her age (she's 28) and he is only 31 and people ask that question all the time, but i honestly think he looks like he's in his early 30s so i don't know why they get asked that. LOL

I get told I look like I'm in my 20s... I'm in my 20's. LOL I'm 27. I get anywhere from 24-27 so I suppose I look my age. I think a lot has to do with how you carry yourself or how you dress too. If someone thinks you "look" older, they may just be taking cues from how you're dressing or how you act. I never look at it as an insult. I personally don't dress like any of my friends. I don't do tshirts and shorts/jeans and sneakers. I only wear my tennis shoes if I'm working out. Not that there's anything wrong with it at all! I am just not the girl that is cute in her jeans and a tshirt. On a casual day out with the family, I throw on a dress and a pair of sandals, pin my hair out of my face, and head out. I think my friends dress much younger than I do. They can buy clothes from the juniors department and be super cute and I have never in my life been able to shop in juniors... even when I was a "junior". :smile:
  • gotchakatja
    gotchakatja Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    All the time. I'm turning 20 years old soon and people still give me kids' menus at restaurants. :| So I'd say people mistake me for twelve or thirteen.
  • mdundon09
    mdundon09 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Younger, usually mid to late teens. Recently, I got 16. I'm 25 :)
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I always get that. I am almost 30 but a lot of people find it hard to believe me to be older than 21.
  • nicolebunny55
    Options
    People always say I look younger, especially if I have no type of makeup on. I had a guy once thought I was in high school and most of my classmates are like 20,21, 22 and they assume I am too. They are really suprised when I say my age.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I got asked for ID to buy a lottery ticket a while back. You have to be 16 to buy those.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, been able to get into clubs/bars for over 2 years, and people still think I'm 16,
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Alot of people think I'm older. I have 3 kids, some gray hair when it's not dyed... I usually get 28-30. I'm 25. :noway:
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Younger. I'm 38 and people think I'm end of 20nies
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Alot of people think I'm older. I have 3 kids, some gray hair when it's not dyed... I usually get 28-30. I'm 25. :noway:
    Don't worry, as soon as you lose your baby weight, you will drop at least 10 years as well. I have 6 kids, so sometimes i feel like 50 years, even though I don't look it. Lol
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Even when I was overweight, I always got carded for everything.

Now I've been told I look 16....and I'll be 25 in October. Someday I'll appreciate it...but 16 is a bit low :P
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Well I got carded for scratch tickets not to long ago.. and you only have to be 18 for that ... I am 28.
  • littlemoonsandy
    littlemoonsandy Posts: 1,930
    Options
    I'm 41..people tell me I look younger all the time..when I hang out with my oldest son (23) people think we are brother and sister.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It's a pretty even split. Some think I'm in my early 20s, while some think I'm in my early 30s :grumble:
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I used to get that I was younger... now that I've lost weight, for whatever reason, people now think I'm older. Makes me sad... but not sad enough to get fat just to look "younger."

I was asked recently if my kids were my grandbabies. I'm 36. It stung.

(my husband is 51, and nobody ever believes that lol he looks a lot younger).
  • GerritTheBlacksmith
    Options
    i am 28 and people think i am in my late 30s
  • eprissel
    eprissel Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    People think I am in my mid 20's, just turned 32.