Do people think your older or younger than you look?

Options

Replies

• semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I get carded for Rated R movies....and I'm almost 26. O_o
  • Weetnee
    Weetnee Posts: 1
    Options
    i'm 23 and people tell me i look 16. and it really irritates me because sometimes i get dirty looks from people when i have my kids with me in public!
  • Positive_Energy73
    Positive_Energy73 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 but it's assumed that I'm in my mid 20s. I love it! I've even been carded for alcohol when I'm out with my husband.
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40:noway: but everyone thinksI'm in my late 20's ....all my coworkers did not belive my age...lol I had to show them proof since i look younger then them and I'm the oldest..lmao
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    28 here, but people tell me I look like i'm around 21 or 22. I still get ID'd for "R" movies, wtf? Haha!

..The beard helps to look older :P
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Options
    Good question. I have a 20, 17 and 11 year old and people think I am actually sisters with my older two...smh I even get carded for some over the counter medicine....smh. And no one believes I am actually a mother of a 20 year old, they act very shock when they hear that.

I will give you just one example...my middle daughter is taking cosmetology in school and one morning I went in to let her do my hair. Well her friends in the class were just talking to her all around me and such while I was glancing through a book, my daughter asked me something then said mom, all talking hush and they asked her, is that your mom? They said all that time they thought I was her older sister....let me tell you the "conversation" changed AND they started with the maam and yes maam...LOL

forgot to add I am 39
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I'm 33, but people say I look about 25. I'll take it! Especially after being a mother of two. : )
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm 25. I constantly get ID'd for booze (18). I then usually get either a total absence of eye contact or profuse apologies after handing over my driving licence.

Tbh, it amuses me. By rights, it should amuse them giving the photo on my ID is from when I was 16 and I hadn't showered in 8 days. *ahem*

I look about 3-8 years younger if I take my glasses off too so lord only knows what'd happen if I got contacts and tried to buy alcohol!

I used to get into arguments when I went to buy cigarettes because the sign used to say under 30 you need ID! I was over 30 and It would drive me crazy especially the days when I just ran out of the house in my sweats to get a pack of smokes and didn't carry my purse. They have changed the sign to 40 now and I am 37.5... Some people still card me for smokes some don't but if I don't look 18 by now.. WTF? I think some do it just to be a pain in the *kitten* it's usually older white women..... well they might be older than me.. in KY it's possible they are not... People don't age too well around these parts...
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, with a 20 year old.. that people think is my sister.. "you aren't old enough to have a 20 year old"!! And to that I say.. no look at the wrinkles .. they came from the 20 year old. (Love her anyway)
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    People usually think I'm around 19 or 20, I'll be 26 soon.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Im 40 and people always say I look like 30... I hope they arent just been kind... wait Ill take thaat Kindness..LOL
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Always younger but now I find myself feeling offended when I hear late 30s
  • jajve5
    jajve5 Posts: 3
    Options
    thnks to my dad i have always looked younger..lipstik and a little blush is all i wear..most people take me for late 30's or early 40's..iam 57 and loving it!!
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm 22, but people think I'm 18 all the time.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Younger.
    I tell people i'm 25-27.
    I'll be 38 in a few weeks.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    36 and most people think I'm late 20's \m/
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 almost 37 and people guess me in my mid to late 20's!! :happy:
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I usually get mistaken for 24. I've avoided the sun all my life and people are genuinely shocked to find out how old I am (39)

I was not an avoider of sun as a youth, but actively avoided it as a young adult and I think it has made a HUGE difference. I always get compliments on my skin and how healthy and wrinkle free my face is. Not that I should have wrinkles anyway. I love the sun, but I am very careful about always wearing sunscreen and taking good care of my face and décolletage.
    Yeah, I'm 100% wrinkle free so far. Definitely not complaining.

I had this weird photo thing done to my face when I went to the dermatologist, and based on average UV damage for people my age, my skin was better than 98% and same with wrinkles. It was nice to know my hardwork has paid off and that I have almost no UV damage to my face.

I was a vampire, i avoided the sun like the plague. Thas what saved me from wrinkles, then again I was always pale with dark hair, the sun hated me lol. thats was saved me from wrinkles. this is so true.
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Usually younger, although a very nice guy I met on a night out a couple of weeks ago (I wasn't on the pull and am happily married lol) put me around 10 years older than I am! He also had me down as being a manager/executive and some other fairly flattering things, so I let him off lol
  • guapogringo
    guapogringo Posts: 201
    Options
    I am 42 but i look 42. Heck, I don't know. I feel like I am 19 and i act like it sometimes too