Do you think it's okay to not wear a bra in public?

Options
Klamber26
Klamber26 Posts: 212
I have this silk, white halter top that's really cute--problem is you can't even wear a strapless bra because it still shows. So today I said eff it and wore it anyway without a bra. I didn't notice any funny looks or anything, but when my boyfriend picked me up this afternoon to go and run errands he had a bit of a ****-fit. He wouldn't let me get out of the truck when we stopped places.

Is this really so terrible? It's not like the top was see-through. Personally, I wouldn't care if it was someone else--and I've seen plenty of women who wear tank-tops and halters in the summer without one. What do you think? Is going bra-less acceptable or taboo?

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Acceptable. Definitely.
  • MJ1185
    MJ1185 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Its your body and people shouldn't be telling you what to do with it. Wear anything you feel comfortable in!
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yep I do it all the time :P
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    It really depends on your size. For me, it's a MASSIVE no no!! :laugh:

I'm a (UK) 34H, so my puppies are quite big, they need all the support they can get and it would just be soooo wrong for me to go without a bra! But looking at your profile picture, not being rude, but you look a little smaller :blushing: so in your case, it's probably OK!
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    Meh. I do it if its got like those 'built in bras' that don't actually do anything lol. and i'm a D cup, i have had no weird looks yet. lol

Maybe wear a bikini top if you're uncomfortable but it sounds like you're not :) haha
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    wel sometimes your nipples will point through the material... i think they sell stickers you place over the nipples...so they stay invisible.
    personally i'm uncomfortable around someone when i can see too much details... but i'm very sensitive to those things.
    maybe your partner saved you from one of those 'what was i thinking' moments?
    it's up to you anyways.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    up to the individual. i wouldn't but that's just me! if someone had enormous boobs then i would expect them to put one on
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Not if your nipples are showing.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    i invented nipple hosters 2.99 a pair my motto is put those things away if you turn fast you could take a eye out. instatlation free certain restrictions apply email for complete details
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Its your body and people shouldn't be telling you what to do with it. Wear anything you feel comfortable in!

Agreed.

But remember what is opaque in your mirror is often see thru in bright daylight.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    As long as they aren't so big that they sway all over your shirt when you move. If they stay in one place, you're fine. As far as them "poking through," if it isn't cold out and you're not going to a family dinner.. it shouldn't matter. Now if everything is visible shapewise and leaves nothing to the imagination - then no. No free shows.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    yes it's ok
    as long as your boobies stay above the bellybutton :laugh:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say...I only do it with a couple of shirts but they have pretty decent built in bras (like actual wire and padded type cups). I've been known to wear a dress that doesn't look see through in the house but is outside in the light. Thank God my mom caught it. Now anything I wear I test out in the sun before I just walk out of the house lol.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    yes it's ok
    as long as your boobies stay above the bellybutton :laugh:

nice comment..:laugh:
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    my wife has a shirt like that, she is a 36C...looks great on her, and if the nips are perky, well just a added bonus to the view :) hey it's what us guys like, you can't see them, but you know they are there... :)
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    wel sometimes your nipples will point through the material... i think they sell stickers you place over the nipples...so they stay invisible.

I can go braless in my exercise tank because it has a built in bra. But, it is too thin and my nipples will show through it. I would like to know where these stickers can be purchased.

By the way...I am a D.
  • Dreamerryu27
    Dreamerryu27 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yes I have.

They sell the stickers at Target and Kohls.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Why would they sell those?

Sacrilege.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time, so yes! :bigsmile:
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Boyfriend sounds a bit controlling. My ex would have been the same. It depends on your perspective, I think. For me, whatever. I go braless all the time. I will say though, I've noticed that I get 'checked out' by guys a lot more when I'm not wearing a bra. Boyfriend is probably concerned about this!