Do you think it's okay to not wear a bra in public?

Options

Replies

• tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    After 4 kids - not a chance! They'd probably peek out from under my shirt! LOL
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    The last time a boyfriend told me what I could and could not wear in public was in 1973, my freshman year in college. That man is now my ex-husband.
  • Julienetan
    Julienetan Posts: 44
    Options
    your breasts will sag if you dont wear one
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    It probably depends on how it looks really. some shirts you can't tell that you're not wearing one. other ones you can tell. and for me i am pretty small busted so it woudl be less of a big deal for me. (34A) than it would for someone bigger
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options

Sorry, but it made me smirk! I love witty people!! LOL
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Not if your nipples are showing.

Agreed, I go braless from time to time and it helps that I'm only a small C full B anything bigger I wouldn't feel comfortable
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options

Sorry, but it made me smirk! I love witty people!! LOL

LOL Me too! I didn't see that comment. One of the perks (pun INTENDED) about meeting a man who has a daughter with his first wife and being perfectly happy and in love with her and deciding not to have any children of our own.
  • traceycostella
    Options
    i invented nipple hosters 2.99 a pair my motto is put those things away if you turn fast you could take a eye out. instatlation free certain restrictions apply email for complete details

LOL free installation... luv it :)
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I personally feel it is tacky and distasteful when women go without bras in public. I'm a 36DD and if I did that, my husband would more than likely do the same as your boyfriend.... if he even let me out of the house like that LOL!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    yes who the f cares its boobs people!!
    also, i think id ditch a guy who "wouldn't let me" do something. i dont care what it was, youre an adult and can make your own choices. controlling much?
  • yummily
    yummily Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you can see your areola through the top, IMO, it's a little trashy. Pretty underwear were invented so that the man could keep us down and so that we could wear sheer things and show a little sneak peek of the pretty underthings!

I just think it's a little bit of modesty that makes it really attractive but I get uppity when I see really beautiful seemingly well-put together women with the wrong undergarments for the outfit they're wearing. I saw a woman recently who was seriously the whole package, and she was wearing a stunning eyelet dress, but HOT PINK bra and underpants, clearly visible through the eyelets and no slip. That dress was obviously made to be worn with a slip. IMO, it detracted from the 'look' she was going for which the rest of seemed to be well put together.

All this said, I rarely wear a bra. I often have the hard-nipple action which doesn't bother me but if I can see the colour differentiation and the definition of a breast, it's too much for me. It def. looks bad.

TL;DR- if it's THAT sheer and you look naked, put something underneath! I mean breasts are hot but are you looking to impress EVERYONE with how nice they are? If the answer is yes, go for it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Your breasts will sag if you do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptosis_(breasts)#Bras_don.27t_prevent_sagging
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Your breasts will sag if you do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptosis_(breasts)#Bras_don.27t_prevent_sagging

Let's face it, ladies! Gravity catches up to the girls sooner or later!
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    yes it's ok
    as long as your boobies stay above the bellybutton :laugh:

LOL! I must agree. :) I once saw a lady at the super market...no bra and her boobs were like old socks hanging way down low like to her waist...even my daughter was like "Mom, what is under that womans shirt?!" LOL!
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    "I have this silk, white halter top that's really cute--problem is you can't even wear a strapless bra because it still shows..."

If your bra shows then I would have to assume your nipples show. Call me old fashioned, or whatever, I'm nearly 51 years old and I would consider it tacky. I have too much respect for myself to go braless in a silk, white halter top. Sorry.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    "I have this silk, white halter top that's really cute--problem is you can't even wear a strapless bra because it still shows..."

If your bra shows then I would have to assume your nipples show. Call me old fashioned, or whatever, I'm nearly 51 years old and I would consider it tacky. I have too much respect for myself to go braless in a silk, white halter top. Sorry.

I read that to mean it has an open back or is very low-cut, so the actual bra shows and not just through the shirt.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I always wondered how girls wear like the totally backless shirts without wearing a bra. Dont they make those cup things for that?
    My opinion on the matter, if you have perky breasts, go for it. If they are bigger then a C cup...prob not so much.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I think so long as you've got pasties on, most public venues would consider it perfectly legal.
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I personally feel it is tacky and distasteful when women go without bras in public. I'm a 36DD and if I did that, my husband would more than likely do the same as your boyfriend.... if he even let me out of the house like that LOL!

If you wear clothes in a classy manner there is nothing distasteful about someone with a smaller cup size going with out a bra. There are so many tops I would love to wear but I can't because I have a large chest and I cannot go without a bra. So if she is being tasteful in her clothing and going bra-less.

With a DD I wouldn't imagine you going bra-less as you have a larger chest. Her picture showed that she was very petite and dainty so as long as she's walking with class I see no harm.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    It was a white tank. Maybe he could see through it out in the daylight?

I'm a 38DDD and I can only wear my exercise tops braless because they have a built in bra that is shockingly supportive.

It would have to be! I wear sports bras, and if I'm jumping around a lot, I wear one a little bit too small so it's a bit tighter, and I'm barely a 32C. LOL

I have to look at the brand when I'm home but I bought it from ****s. Now just because I can go braless with it doesn't mean I do. lol The ONLY time I go braless in the exercise shirt is on laundry day. No way I go to the gym like that! I already have all the high school boys in the weight room falling over themselves to catch a glimpse of the girls when I bend over for something!

O_O apparently the store D icks is bad.