Do you think it's okay to not wear a bra in public?

Options

Replies

• LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    If you do and guys stare because your nips are poking through, please don't have an attitude and say what are you looking at? I have to laugh at all these girls that wear revealing clothes and when guy checks them out, they get an attitude. I think most of them wear stuff like that for the attention, so they shouldn't get pissed that a guy is looking at them.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If you can pull it off and nippers aren't showing, I guess it's ok.
    Personally I cannot pull it off.

And a lot of men would throw fits. My fiance would probably ask me if I was high when I got dressed and request I change.
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    "I have this silk, white halter top that's really cute--problem is you can't even wear a strapless bra because it still shows..."

If your bra shows then I would have to assume your nipples show. Call me old fashioned, or whatever, I'm nearly 51 years old and I would consider it tacky. I have too much respect for myself to go braless in a silk, white halter top. Sorry.

She didn't say what was showing. it could be the lining of the cup of the bra or the strap around the back as its lower cut in the back? I don't get why so many people are saying it's tacky and distasteful.
  • m11ekd
    m11ekd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think that if you can do it and you feel good (as well as looking good) then go for it. If you think us guys would stare and if that offends or you don't feel good about yourself then dont. Personally I think it looks great, depending on your size, but would prefer you to be comfortable and not to react to any attention or comments by others. You look great by the way:) Your guy should be happy
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    wel sometimes your nipples will point through the material... i think they sell stickers you place over the nipples...so they stay invisible.

Why would they sell those?

Sacrilege.
    My thoughts exactly.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time. I don't care. :tongue:
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    wel sometimes your nipples will point through the material... i think they sell stickers you place over the nipples...so they stay invisible.

Good call - I have a real problem with that, makes me feel so self conscious - like people stare, where can I get them from??
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I think personally it depends on your size up top and its shape. If yours stand up on their own and aren't overly large enough to tell your braless go for it.

I have done this many times with tops, and my husband doesn't mind at all and has never pitched a fit. You can't tell when I do it either so if you could tell you were braless that could be a personal comfort issue.
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    personally i'm uncomfortable around someone when i can see too much details... but i'm very sensitive to those things.
    maybe your partner saved you from one of those 'what was i thinking' moments?
    it's up to you anyways.

They do! If I go braless depending on the shirt, I always put on those silicone pasties just in case... Plus they sell those strapless cups if your lady humps are looking a little less perky on the day you want to wear a shirt that looks stupid with even a strapless bra.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the body type.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    If you were my gf, I'd encourage it!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Acceptable. I wouldn't advise it if you had huge boobs, but I think it is a benefit to those women who are smaller chested. I would love to be able to get away with not wearing a bra.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    If you were my gf, I'd encourage it!

My husband encourages it around the house, but if we're out in public, and it's noticeable...that's another story. And I don't blame him. I would feel uncomfortable if it's noticeable.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's not a horrible thing to do, but it's not exactly classy in my opinion. My husband does not dictate what I wear at all, but if I wore a shirt like that with no bra, he'd have something to say about it. Plus, I'd feel uncomfortable doing that anyways, so it'd never be an issue for me. Kudos to you for braving it! But, I don't think your BF is totally out of line for not wanting other guys to have such a clear view of the ladies. Just saying'!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    If I had little boobies I would NEVER wear a bra :drinker:
  • MrsLeyva11
    MrsLeyva11 Posts: 90
    Options
    yes it's ok
    as long as your boobies stay above the bellybutton :laugh:

This lol.
    I think once you're past a certain cup-size, or they've had visible wear and tear with time, babies, etc.. Then no. I would NEVER be seen in public without a bra.. but looking at your picture (not trying to be skeevy) it should have been no big deal. I'm sure you looked amazing :) Don't let it get to you.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan, but that's just me. It depends on your confidence and whether it actually looks OK. Have you tried one of those silicone stick on bras that has no back or straps? The stay on quite nicely (provided you're on the smaller side) and give you coverage/ moderate support.
  • lostwisdom
    lostwisdom Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If you have the boobs for it (ie smaller and perkier) then I don't see a problem as long as your nips aren't on show! With my 40F boobs sometimes it'd be real nice to not wear a bra outside, so go for it!
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Depends on the shirt, but I bought a sticky bra. They are sold at Walmart, Target, etc. They are just the cups and stick to you, they are great in the summer for backless tanks or low cut shirts. Plus some come with a little extra padding for smaller chests. I swear by them and buy at least 2-3 every summer and they are washable.
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    if you have nice shaped breasts I don't see a problem. if you are like me, no way under the sun should you be out in public without a bra on!