Replies

• hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    turn that into a positive energy
  • whamann1
    whamann1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You have been given tons of support and encouragement! I hope you feel lifted up. My husband does not say those things out loud but he must be thinking it sometimes. And for good reason. I have made so many unsuccessful attempts to loose weight over the years. This is different for you and for me! Our biggest enemy isn't our husbands but the fear of failure. There is a verse in teh Bible that says... "do what is right and do not give way to fear." Focus on doing what is right today, right now and you will be one day closer to your goal!
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    you can transform negative energy into something positive.
    You won't make him the reason for your success. In fact you are already clear about it, you don't want to have a heart attack but by all means use what he said to motivate you.
    I bought a bike 2-1/2 years ago and my co-workers rallied around it, I do my workouts during my lunch break from the office, and one of them said "Now, let's see how much dust it collects!" ouch! and then it was on, baby!
    She probably doesn't even remember she said it but I've been riding my bike 150 miles a month on average since. I don't do it for her but I will not allow their prophecy to become true.
    YOU CAN DO IT!
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It would not surprise me when OP reaches goal, hubby says "I knew you could do it!".
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Just an update you guys! Hubby told me this weekend that he is really proud of me for sticking with this. He said he didn't think that I would, but as he watched me turn down desserts and walk right past the beer aisle at the grocery store, he knew I was serious. He also stated that he is ready to start walking again. He is still skinny, but flabby in the legs.

Corollary NSV: My daughter, who is also overweight, calculated her BMI, and we had a discussion about portion sizes and exercise.

Great weekend for the family!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Just an update you guys! Hubby told me this weekend that he is really proud of me for sticking with this. He said he didn't think that I would, but as he watched me turn down desserts and walk right past the beer aisle at the grocery store, he knew I was serious. He also stated that he is ready to start walking again. He is still skinny, but flabby in the legs.

Corollary NSV: My daughter, who is also overweight, calculated her BMI, and we had a discussion about portion sizes and exercise.

Great weekend for the family!

That's awesome! I'm so glad he's being supportive.