I'm on here more than Facebook

Options

Replies

• gialanarusso
    Options
    you can add me.. im looking for more people to keep me motivated too!
  • mrkennethjay
    Options
    Facebook kills my motivation, there's so much negativity. Hell half the people on facebook are the reason i want to lose the weight. Prove to all those jack holes that i'm worth a damn. Let the girls know what they passed up ;)

Facebook could never motivate me to lose 30lbs. MFP did in less than 3 months. Suck on that Mark Zuckerberg!
  • melting4health
    Options
    I'm not able to be on here everyday but I love it when I am.
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I spend WAY more time on here than FB.... It is WAY more interesting and I learn something new most days!! :tongue: :love:
  • traceylynns
    traceylynns Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wish we had a like button and it was easier to upload pix though lol

I was just telling my sister the same thing! lol
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Love it here!
  • MeltingCandlewax
    MeltingCandlewax Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I probably spend as much time here as i do on facebook. Addicted to both.
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    it kinda funny i counld have gone months without going on the computer, it just wasnt my thing but since ive started on mfp ive been on everyday and have even called my sister who got me started on here log me in so i dont mess up my logon spree... lol i did have my doubts but 24lbs down i'm beliving!! you can add me if you would like. :)
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA me too!
  • Vickiesings
    Options
    Me too! I love this site. I have needed something like this for so long!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Right there with ya! The only reason I don't quit facebook is I have friends there who don't know how awesome this site is (I guess facebook is more appealing to all types)... I am quite addicted here also. I agree with you that the support here is amazing and much more available than in real life... not that real life people don't care, its just on here its easier and people are focused.
  • danimal5867
    danimal5867 Posts: 390
    Options
    I still use my facebook account but 95% of what gets posted there are my mfp statuses, weigh-ins, workouts, and diary completions.
  • Deedee0075
    Deedee0075 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i closed by Facebook back in february and have no desire to return to it. on the other hand, i've logged into mfp 135 consecutive days and counting!
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Oh yeah, me too!!! I only use my FB account to store pics!! LOL
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I've been on facebook a long time and mfp totally rocks compared to FB. I deleted my account there yesterday. I did make many contacts with old friends but mfp is a place where we all have so much in common and I learn every day! Like I said, this place imo is way better than FB ever was:) denise:drinker: :drinker: PS I did get lots of email addresses so I can still keep in contact with my FB friends but like I said, the people I gravitate toward are here on mfp:)
    I am addicted to this website. I have never had a drive to want to lose weight/eat healthy//be healthy until I started two weeks ago. I have an iPhone and I'm on here after every meal logging my food. I love the support from people on here. It's more than I get from friends. I am still pretty new and looking for more people to add who have a drive to succeed. So far I'm good on staying with my calorie limit. But excersizing i haven't stuck with yet. I just need to tell myself to just get up at 5:00 no excuses!!
  • BonnieGertz
    BonnieGertz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone...I joined this site almost a year ago but just recently really started to use it...I only have one friend on here ( she's the one who told me about this site). She is constantly trying to motivate me to go with her to workout. Anyhow, I'm looking for some friends who I can add who will give advice and help to motivate me. Not too sure what else to do....:smile:
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Facebook is sooooo 2011! :laugh:
  • JamesterCK
    JamesterCK Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I used to be on Facebook or Twitter a lot, but since I started MFP a week ago I've been on this site nonstop. I love reading the blogs and message boards (especially the success stories). There are certainly worse things I could be addicted to! Add me if you want :)
  • kpierce7188
    kpierce7188 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm on both but it's nice to have friends who share the same interests as me. My "real life" friends are not into fitness...they say they are but never follow thru and I never did get much support from my family. And I'm a school bus driver so those coworkers don't share my love for working out, etc lol

Thats exactly how it is for me. This site has so much motivation I absolutely love it!
  • Nsaem
    Nsaem Posts: 5
    Options
    Add me my good fitness people