I'm on here more than Facebook

Options

Replies

• Julyfly70
    Julyfly70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely on here more than on Facebook. I love it here.
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Love the phone app, as it gives the news feed, shame we cant get forums on the phone too. My evenings are now spent reading the success stories and look at the photos instead of FB and eating crap.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    facebook is for narcissistic, this is for people with healthy intentions
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on FB in months....MFP is much more interesting!! :happy:
  • _beautiful_disaster_
    Options
    lol same here. and i'm 17 :P
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just found this site June 28th, and I like this way better than facebook. As far as getting up for exercise, just do it, it is worth it in the long run. I can sleep when I am dead, right now I have weight to lose and there is no time better than the present.
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yup. Common goals on here... with hopefully more positive results than you see from FB. :)
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya'~ I feel I have real friends here that support my journey- not trying to talk me out of it!!
  • BratNat
    BratNat Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,
    I am new too, my name is Natalie and I am motivated. I signed up about 3 weeks ago on my Ipod touch...
    If you are interested in adding me please do, I need the support and I can give support also. I just purchased an elliptical trainer for my home in hopes that it takes away my excuses for not working out " the gym is too far", or "I can't get up that early", just to name a few.

Well, good luck with your new beginnings!:smile:
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Same screw fb, I've tried to recrute some of my friends but hey never log in. As soon as you say eat healthy everyone runs for the hills.

I :heart: MFP
    FB :grumble:
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    same here, I"m on here ALL DAY. Whether I'm right at the computer or not, this site is always up on my computer. When I'm working on my school work, I take breaks, come on this site and exercise lol. This site is addicting.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking this! I actually suspended my facebook because I was getting sick of negativity and "woe is me"s I've done really well this week and I hope it keeps up!

Feel free to add me!

I havent suspended mine because i have very close friends i cant call all the time, but i agree.. im on here more because of all the negativity there. I have actually had people tell me that i would fail..... thats okay.. when im rockin the bikini.. they will still be fat! LOL!
  • brittmar25
    brittmar25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just said something like that this morning...

Everyone on here is so positive and inspiring. Facebook pales in comparison.

However, I could use some more friends on here. Every little bit of motivation and inspirations helps!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I use FB and MFP in very different ways.

My FB is full of people I know IRL, family, friends, acquaintances, people I know from running club, people from the dog rescue where I volunteer, old University friends etc etc, e.g. people who actually know me as a person. I've never been one to accept "friend" requests from random strangers on FB just to "up" the numbers.

MFP is a random collection of strangers with whom I share only one aspect of my life. The frequent communicators on my wall feed, yes you get to know those a little better, but they still don't "know" me.

For me they're quite different worlds.

This really explains why I use both, a lot of my "real life" friends don't live in the same state any more so it is a quick and easy way to keep in touch...I also use FB to connect with people in the music business (I photograph bands/concerts etc).

I don't have a lot of drama on my FB page...if I don't want to see what somebody's posting about, it's very easy to "hide" their postings.

I love MFP but the drama in the forums gets old...I find myself having to step away from the computer for a while to get my positivity back!
  • xcption
    xcption Posts: 4
    Options
    It's awesome that you're here and you're watching those calories, but calorie counting alone won't do! Try to get that exercise in, you won't regret it!!
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    FAKE-BOOK is terrible and depressing
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya'~ I feel I have real friends here that support my journey- not trying to talk me out of it!!

I don't have any real life friends, with the exception of one acquaintance who I had to cut ties with, who have tried to "talk me out" of being healthy or have said anything negative about my desire to be fit and healthy.... 99% of the rest of the people in my life have been nothing but supportive and helpful...and now ask ME for advice :)
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Facebook is a dying fad... I am logged in on MFP almost all every, every day now.
  • STACYINOC
    STACYINOC Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more, I still have my FB account but it's full of fake comments or negative thoughts. I honestly spend more time on here and feel more positive after reading or contributing to the message boards. You people rock. You've been better friends than most of my friends on FB and I appreciate that :)

Feel free to add me :happy:
  • smartmom0818
    Options
    facebook... what's that?

I am definitely on here more but I was getting tired of my FB page anyway. It's more interesting here, I get tips about my weightloss, I can actually be open and honest about my weightloss, etc. etc. No one on my FB page even knows I am losing weight.