I'm on here more than Facebook

Options

Replies

• myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i love this place way more than i could ever love fb. the only drama here is between the people who believe different things on weight loss or fitness, and its hilarious to watch people duke it out via forum posts! lol
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! This site has made losing weight fun and the communal aspect is great. I'm here about the same amount of time as FB and FB never helped me lose weight.
  • eleighb85
    eleighb85 Posts: 11
    Options
    Reading facebook makes me stabbity! I'm on there quite a bit still but it's how I talk to my husband so it's an "essential" right now, lol. But I am on MFP all. the. time. And I *like* what I'm reading, even if I'm still mostly a lurker (like I am pretty much anywhere else).
  • mysweetestdreams
    mysweetestdreams Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Same here. Even though I'm on FB and I'm not hating on it, it's simply too boring,,, and to waste my time on it's apps or whatever also doesn't seem appealing. Visiting it once or twice a day, having mpf as a pinned tab :>

And I'm also looking for more friends, so feel free to add~ :)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I don't have facebook
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I use FB and MFP in very different ways.

My FB is full of people I know IRL, family, friends, acquaintances, people I know from running club, people from the dog rescue where I volunteer, old University friends etc etc, e.g. people who actually know me as a person. I've never been one to accept "friend" requests from random strangers on FB just to "up" the numbers.

MFP is a random collection of strangers with whom I share only one aspect of my life. The frequent communicators on my wall feed, yes you get to know those a little better, but they still don't "know" me.

For me they're quite different worlds.

The only reason I'm on here more is because I can't access FB from work. :laugh:
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree! I like the forum aspect and the interaction. Not as "cool" as Facebook (in my opinion), but lots of fun :)
  • shedding60
    shedding60 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Same here!
  • Polarfire6
    Polarfire6 Posts: 15
    Options
    Me too. Best of all this site isn't banned at work like fb is!
  • lhiatt
    lhiatt Posts: 21
    Options
    I just started full out in April...it was SO hard for me to get up in the morning. NOW it's like habit, up at 515 to go on my 30 minute run/walk.(my goal is to run for 30 minutes!) Baby steps. I go to the gym at lunch. I have friends that go and that helps, but in the end you only have YOU pushing you on!!! And the rest of the peeps here!!! I am the same way. After my run (like right now) I come online to record my miles (I use daily mile for that too) and then after meals I go right on to post my meals. I'm not totally active in the forums...bc I don't know too many people...but I love reading them. This is a great place for support and encouragement! Just remember when the alarm goes off...it's YOUR time! :) It gets easier for sure!
  • kittenmcgowan
    kittenmcgowan Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I barely check FB anymore myself... it's really just to keep up with the people who aren't on mfp! I love this site and am on it repeatedly throughout the day, and use the app all the time too!
  • Empressmee
    Empressmee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Me too. Best of all this site isn't banned at work like fb is!

We're also blocked from FB here at work.. I'm hoping they don't ban MFP :grumble:

I have pretty much kicked FB to the curve also.. I love this site!
  • kinghavok
    kinghavok Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm on both but it's nice to have friends who share the same interests as me. My "real life" friends are not into fitness...they say they are but never follow thru and I never did get much support from my family. And I'm a school bus driver so those coworkers don't share my love for working out, etc lol

Yep me too. Reading some of the forums have given me a lot of motivation and some great information too. However on facebook You can get all the spy ware malware and whos pervin your profile!! Just kidding
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I barely check FB anymore myself... it's really just to keep up with the people who aren't on mfp!

None of my real life friends are on MFP. Not that I know of anyway.
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this is turning into my new "Facebook"...
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!! I spend way too much time on here!
  • slliwlt
    slliwlt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    MFP should have an advertising slogan.... 'It's like Facebook.... WITHOUT the drama' :laugh: Love this site! It is so great to have someplace to go to chat with people with similar goals and helpful advice!
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying MFP much more than I ever liked Facebook.
  • Melarie59
    Melarie59 Posts: 44
    Options
    me too! getting up at 5 isn't too bad and once you get in the habit, you automatically wake up then! And it's great to have the exercise over with! good luck! melarie
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    what's face book?