Does myfitnesspal work?

Options

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'd say it works. I joined in March to get my last 10 pounds off - I was 165. I'm now 145 - you do the math...

But you have to be honest with yourself. And log everything!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 35 lbs and hit my goal weight. It took a long time but maybe that's the secret for keeping it off.
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    MFP is a self directed diet, you design the diet. You can eat anything you want, but you have to stay within your calorie limits. I don't always log my stuff, because I cheat a lot, but if I get the exercise then I keep losing.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I found this to be absolutely true. It can't be a 'diet'. It has to be a lifestyle change or you either give up or gain the weight back again.

There's no magic pill or diet, weight loss is a basic calculation. You have to use more calories than you eat....the only way to make sure you are doing that is to track both carefully.

The food and fitness tracker are what will help you lose weight, you have to be dedicated about logging in EVERY day and tracking your food and exercise.

I load my whole day of food in the morning so I know exactly what I can eat and when. It keeps me from sneaking in anything extra during the day and it helps keep my blood sugar level. Of course, I never eat out and carry my snacks around with me so it's pretty easy to do that.
  • Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    Options
    Like you, I've tried them all. Some with great results but had to quit because of expenses. Some were horrible failures. In April of this year I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and diabetes. No matter what my feelings about any of it, I had no choice but to find a way to heal myself. To start being first in my own life. I've always taken care of everyone else. Now it is my time.

My boss told me about MFP. She showed me on her phone how easy it was to track foods. I was intrigued and felt I'd give it a try...though I was a bit skeptical.

My first day on MFP was 4/17/2012. To date I've lost 25 pounds! I feel awesome and have never had such an easy time on a plan! I don't eat expensive prepackaged foods from a WL chain nor do I have a "check-in" meeting to get weighed. I hold myself accountable and log EVERYTHING!! Even the occasional stick of gum! LOL I have started walking in the mornings and am up to 1.5 miles in 30 minutes...which is awesome for me.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yup it works. Its not a diet. Its a lifestyle change.

Exactly. And everything in moderation.
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Do the Kardashians fool America day in and out? YES
  • tzeoli86
    tzeoli86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yes, myfitnesspal is the way to go! I started tracking my calories here in February and have lost almost 60 lbs since then!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I That says it does.
    I
    I
    I
    V
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I have tried EVERY diet out there. I am starting to believe that simple diet and exercise is the answer. I lost 30 lbs slowly last year. I would exercise everyday but I eat like a horse. I did it all, adkins, lemonade cleanse, juicing, diet pills, etc. But, I know realize that the best way is portion control and tracking calories (I just started this today) I am going to be serious and track EVERYTHING. So, I would like to hear stories of people who have been using myfitnesspal. When did you begin? How much have you lost?

I was in the same boat a few years back and had tried everything from Adkins to Xenical. I'd lose weight and it would creep back on. It wasn't until I resolved to change that change happened. I have maintained my weight rather successfully for the last 5 years.

Throw away the word diet. Diet is temporal and has a beginning and an end. I prefer the word LIFESTYLE. Adapting a healthy lifestyle leads to long term success. A healthy lifestyle should include appropriate food choices, portions AND exercise. It is a conscious lifetime effort.

While the bulk of my weight came off before I found Myfitnesspal, I have found it emcompasses many of the habits that I was already using. In short it reinforced my lifestyle and became and a tool for easier monitoring and tracking. I have seen many people succeed on here. Typically those that succeed are those that adapt to the program and habits that it tries to instill.

I have also recommended it to many people who have found it fosters success for them. Hopefully you will find that success here too!

Good Luck!
  • stuntpilot51
    stuntpilot51 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You bet MFP works!

If your new here please read this before you start,

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    It depends on whether you're willing to work for it and make mfp work for you. You can't just join and expect results. You have to work hard for what you want. Forever. For life.

tumblr_m2v6lsmTZu1ru986oo1_500.png

tumblr_m380viu1rP1rty7oao1_500.jpg

tumblr_lphdpqrLLQ1r03wcgo1_1280.jpg
  • jephry
    jephry Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    MFP absolutely has worked for me. It's helped me lose 39 pounds since February 2012. You have to be ready to commit to changing your life though. i.e. Changing your eating behaviors, etc. and willing to log EVERYTHING you put in your face.
  • high5girl
    high5girl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Absolutey! The best site that I have ever come across to help with your journey. I can't say enough good things about MFP! Give it a try. :)
  • JeremyMo88
    JeremyMo88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with Bill. Don't think of it as a diet, where you change what you eat for a little while. Think of it as a lifestyle change to improve what you are doing.
  • Runs4CupCakes
    Options
    Yup it works. Its not a diet. Its a lifestyle change.

yes it is and its hard to start with but the more you do it hte easy it gets and better you will feel pretty soon you realize you reach for the almonds instead of the choclate bar, or you ask for water instead of a mt.dew its a way of life and i believe it works
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I've also tried every program, supplement, and shake under the sun. MFP has been the most effective, the most quick (not that this really matters), and I have kept it off the longest. I am actually now exercising, and I have made lifestyle changes -- not followed programs that just end, etc.

My mom always said it just comes down to diet and exercise.

You can do it!!!
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    It works. I was shocked at the calorie content of some foods I ate. I started in January and am down 41 pounds. Yes I exercise, and yes I drink the water. Is it easy? Not always but it has been worth every minute. I love the phone ap. I can track calories away from home easily and bar scan packaged food.
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes, lost 37 lbs so far, very easy and can eat what I want to as long as I don't go over my daily limit. Good luck on your journey
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!