What book are you reading now??

Options

Replies

• jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    I am working on a few books right now:
    a few chapters left of LOTR The Two Towers then I'll start the Return of the King & finish with the Similarion (read the Hobbit & trilogy in jr high...never read the Similarion before)
    Chapter 2: Nutjob: A Squirrel's Dozen Secret Tips To Productivity by Micah Moss
    1/2 way through The Life of Marie Antoinette, Queen of France by Charles Duke Yonge
    1/3 way through Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
    3/4 done The Canterbury Tales, and Other Poems by Chaucer (read excerpts in HS)
    I have another one sitting around a new book about Joan of Arc...a few chapters in on that one...
    These will be done before the week is done & 5 or more new books started
    I have War & Peace on my list of to read along with many others...I actually have a list of books to read as part of my "bucket list"
    Your book list and your profile pic...wow.

I'm reading the Pathfinder source book, because I need some money on my discover card to buy more books.
  • hollancia
    hollancia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    50 Shades Darker :-)
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Reading three right now...

Molly Fyde and The Fight for Peace - Hugh Howey
    The Quick Red Fox - John D. MacDonald
    Outlander - Diana Gabaldon

I just finished the Molly Fyde series as well. I read Wool by Hugh Howey and it was so good I was compelled to read everything he had written.

I am now reading First Confessor by Terry Goodkind. I am not loving it at the moment.

I would rather poke my eyes out with a blunt stick than read the Fifty Shades of Tripe series.

Have you read the other books in the series by Terry Goodkind? You really should :D They're great!!

I read all about the adventures of Richard and Kahlan! Only fantasy type series I've ever been able to get my Mom to also read.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    The Heart of Buddha's Teachings

and

Ceremony in Death (I'm addicted to JD Robb's "In Death" series)
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Chris Colfer's The Land of Stories - got it signed by him yesterday!!!!
  • jly33403
    jly33403 Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm reading Forbidden by Tabatha Suzuma. It's about incest between brother and sister. It's different, and i'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but it had great reviews.
  • Chanita1116
    Options
    How did you like it? I loved the 50 shades trilogy.
  • tlafrance
    tlafrance Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    50 shades books (50 Shades Freed)
  • jetta55
    jetta55 Posts: 1
    Options
    Today I started reading my "PUSH" book by Chalean Johnson...:flowerforyou:
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Replica by Lexi Revellian
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The Rachel Papers by Martin Amis and Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    The Husband by Dean Koontz
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    The Passage by Justin Cronin. A bit of vampires, the apocalypse, with hints of Mad Max, The Stand and the Walking Dead...awesome summer read!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Just getting started into Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith with Pride and Prejudice and Zombies ordered via the library.
    Also Steve Berry's newest one, Columbus Affair.
  • lstone03
    lstone03 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. I'm not that into it though. A friend is lending me 50 shades when she arrives to visit on the 30th.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Currently, mostly non-fiction:
    - Primal Blueprint
    - Starting Strength (gotta git me back into Deads and Cleans, and it's been a few years)
    - Practical Programming
    - Eat Stop Eat
    - Ultimate Diet 2.0
    - Managing Multiple Projects (for the nth time... just a good book)
    - Yoga Anatomy, 2nd ed
    - Leading Organizational Design (yeah, work related... it happens)

Recently dispatched:
    - Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
    - Oldest Living Vampire (Book 1)
    - Alice in Deadland (weeeiiiirrrrd book...)

Coming up one of these days:
    - Hunger Games trilogy
    - The next "Dresden" files book, even though they're getting lamer by the book
    - I'm probably forgetting something...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading "Escape Your Shape: How to Work Out Smarter, Not Harder" by Edward J. Jackowski. He talks about doing the right type of exercises for your body type.
  • amandaa02
    amandaa02 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Currently reading the Fifty Shades of Grey
    but I love Nicholas Sparks.. I have read most of his books
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm reading :The Bourne Legacy".
    I'm on page 325 and in spite of all the action, I've found it boring, predictable and I can't bring myself to "care" about any for the characters. I also never find torture entertaining. Yes, I suppose it's very realistic, but I could easily do without the detailed descriptions.:grumble:
    I'll probably finish this book, but I can see the end a mile away.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Reading three right now...

Molly Fyde and The Fight for Peace - Hugh Howey
    The Quick Red Fox - John D. MacDonald
    Outlander - Diana Gabaldon

I just finished the Molly Fyde series as well. I read Wool by Hugh Howey and it was so good I was compelled to read everything he had written.

I am now reading First Confessor by Terry Goodkind. I am not loving it at the moment.

I would rather poke my eyes out with a blunt stick than read the Fifty Shades of Tripe series.

Have you read the other books in the series by Terry Goodkind? You really should :D They're great!!

I read all about the adventures of Richard and Kahlan! Only fantasy type series I've ever been able to get my Mom to also read.

:love: :heart: TERRY GOODKIND! My absolute FAVORITE fantasy series, aside from LOTR. :heart: :heart: :heart: