bump, thanks for the recipes
  • kerrylee54
    Options
    bump
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • I must be doing something wrong lol I got the tofu shiritaki and rinsed and dry fried and gagged on the texture.... was like eating a squid to me lol the taste was great as it just consumed the sauce but the noodles, I couldn't do it. Do the different brands have different textures maybe?? I got mine from Kroger
  • Ominu
    Ominu Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I quite like the Shirataki noodles (Zero Noodles) but I can't believe how expensive they are! They're only water and yam flour!
  • bobbietaylor733
    Options
    Bump to read later....
  • leholcomb
    leholcomb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mariadoodle
    Mariadoodle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post!

My supermarket has just started selling these- I made the rookie mistake of heating them in the microwave- they were awful! That's how I found your post!

Thank you so much for your tips on dry frying- I just cooked them this way and they were great! So so so much better!
  • MudDancer
    MudDancer Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BouleBuns
    BouleBuns Posts: 2
    Options
    I live in Maine and up until 2 weeks ago could get it at the local Hannaford, but they just dropped it so looking around. I olive-oil spray saute onions, mushrooms and some kinda green, toss in an ounce of chopped up smoked salmon trim and then the tofu noodles and find the result quite satisfying ... the smoked salmon takes over, flavor-wise, which really helps these noodles
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    this is a great post

I've never tried them, but really wanted to venture off and give them a go. I was mostly afraid of not knowing what to do with them.....problem solved. thanks!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I had to do a search and come back to find this topic, because I found the Japanese yam ones and couldn't remember exactly how you suggested to cook them. I'm going to try them dry-fried, because I've eaten them other ways and they were okay, but not amazing. FYI I found these at Walmart; mine has a big Asian foods section. They were less than $2 for the pack, and only 50 calories. Thanks!
  • jadermary
    jadermary Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Grizzles66
    Options
    Bump
  • ambernicoleperez
    ambernicoleperez Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I want to look into this! Posting so I can look back! Thanks so much for sharing!!! =-)
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan and I live off these. Not the tofu ones though bc I try to limit my soy intake as much as I can. They're super versatile.
    Awesome post thread so many recipe ideas I had never considered!
  • Primrose_au
    Primrose_au Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    In Australia these are marketed as SlimPasta / Slim Rice. There is about 4 different varieties all made from the same thing. (Konjac). I have seen them for sale in Coles and Woolworths supermarkets in Victoria.

Personnally, I don't like the smell.... yes, I do rinse them well. The texture is meh also.... although I might try the dry frying method and see if that makes a difference.

Until then, I'm happy to avoid.
  • mangobed
    mangobed Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    These noodles are AWESOME... I've ordered these for a long time. They go well and pick up the flavor of whatever you are cooking...:love:
  • mushroomsontoast
    mushroomsontoast Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness.....I bought these after reading your post Chelle (thank you!) and served them up to my ultra-picky teenage daughter tonight in a stir-fry - nothing fancy, just the noodles(prepared exactly as you said to), beansprouts & veggies and some chilli, garlic & ginger.
    She RAVED over them, and was full to bursting on 1/2 a pack.
    I didn't notice any smell before rinsing, and she didn't think they were 'chewy' - in fact she said they were just like 'normal' noodles!
    We have found a fab new staple - thanks SO much, Chelle for your brilliant article & recipes with these little wonders :-)