Let's Talk About Shirataki Noodles- The Continuation

Options

Replies

• mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Tried Shirataki Noodles a few years ago, but I didn't try pan frying them. Going to give them a second chance! Thanks for the post!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for info.
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Bumping this thread in appreciation. I read this a few weeks ago, and seriously, dry-fried shiritaki noodles are the bomb. I'd never heard of them before I read this thread and would never have picked them up on my own.

I cook them a really long time - probably even longer than most people do, and it does great things for the texture. Minced sauteed garlic + clams + anchovies and their olive oil + basil + shiritaki noodles = fabulous.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    bump -- gotta try the dry fry... :)
  • Janajohnson89
    Janajohnson89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i used to love them when i was at 1200kcal/day lol obviously fit in quite easily but they weren't great-tasting or horrible. just neutral. now that i can pretty much fit almost anything into my meals id rather just use 'real' noodles, nothing else compares.
  • NancyKhuu
    NancyKhuu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump
    These are rather pricy, but I found my local super market carry them for $1.99 for a bag twice as big as the regular one. I eat 1 bag for 1 meal (4servings) with some light yakisoba sauce. I guess I'm just that hungry...
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    OMG, I am terrible cook but will definitely used all the recipes to get back on track!!
  • phantasmagical
    phantasmagical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Very interesting! In to read in depth later.
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I like them in Japanese food, which I actually cook a lot. (Making Nikujaga for dinner tonight, actually) I know people use them to help with the full feeling...but I just happen to like them in my normal cooking, lol. I've never tried the dry fried method....I might try it out! Anyone having issues finding them...The H Mart near my house sells them. We go there weekly...best produce outside of the farmers market here. You might try looking there if you have one nearby. (A lot of the signage is in Korean, fair warning lol)
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    in for future reference
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I have tried them. Have several bags full in my fridge. They are a good substitue for Pasta. I have, however, tried a couple others recently.

Kelp Noodles -- Great in stir fry and soups.

I have also bought a couple different types of Spiral slicers. One for making noodles out of Zuchinni and another (larger) one for making noodles out of celery root.

Making noodles out of celery root is the best for Pasta dishes like Spaghetti. The noodles really hold up to cooking.

When making the Zuchinni noodles, I usually just heat them up in the microwave and add them to whatever dish I am making -- soup, stir-fry or noodle dishes.

I have pretty much taken pasta out of my diet.

Don't get me started on making pizza, rice or mac and cheese out of cauliflower. Yummy.

This weekend I am making Lasagna out of thinly sliced Zuchinni.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    How many carbs?
  • ellybeann
    ellybeann Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Can anyone post a pic of it?

I'm scared but if they are -0- carb I might venture back into the asian market to try it.
  • Twilightbubbles
    Twilightbubbles Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks for the info!
  • honeytgb
    honeytgb Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I have never heard of it and now I'm gonna go out looking for it.
    Thank you!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this, I too sometimes am afraid to try it after I buy it. I have thrown away 2 spaghetti squashes already.