Let's Talk About Shirataki Noodles- The Continuation

Options

Replies

• Mike_Chase
    Options
    thanks for sharing, can't wait to try this !!
  • julzzz4
    julzzz4 Posts: 72
    Options
    thanks for the info, i have had some sitting around for 2 weeks and was not sure what to do with them. :wink:
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well mine came from Amazon so it will be interesting. I also got the rice. I really want a stir fry with something close to rice ;) Any advice?
  • pmcco
    pmcco Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    in the winter the hubster and I loved these for quick and easy hot meal.... I put half the bag in one soup cup and half the bag in another. I sautee a bit of onion and grilled chicken together and then throw in some celery and carrot and let it simmer with some chicken stock. Once the veggies are soft I pour this over the noodles for hot chicken noodle soup. No one knows.... even my daughter ate it and had no clue what it was. Love love love these
  • pmcco
    pmcco Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I found them at whole foods..... have also found them at a few other grocery stores.... you may have to ask a helper... they can be hard to find
  • lalapurple62
    Options
    You are a wonder Chelle, i am in Aus and bought some of the Miracle noodles "rice' first bag, ohhh very fishy and blah, squidgy texture, then read on here about dry frying, FANTASTIC smell gone and much much much better texture, love it!!! Anyone who has ever blanched at the texture or smell, dry fry them and you will be amazed at the difference.
  • MrsPoodles
    MrsPoodles Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love shirataki noodles! I tried them for the first time a few weeks ago, and I'm definitely hooked. I prefer the non-tofu ("regular") version, but I like the tofu noodles too. I found the best deal on both at my local Asian grocery store. I've made alfredo (many, many times) and baked spaghetti so far. Both were fantastic. I put tons of cheese (one of my favorite foods) in the baked spaghetti, and the calorie count was still crazy low. Awesome!

I'm interested in using a food processor to chop the noodles into small, rice-like pieces for a rice substitute (I can't stomach the extra cost for the miracle rice, and orzo shaped pasta isn't available at my local store), and I'm curious to know if anyone has had any experience with this.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    BUMP
  • drelan
    drelan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Same here. I got the fettuccini ones that were suggested on the HG website. I thought they would be delicious but I couldn't stand the texture. Like soggy rubber bands. Maybe I did something wrong?
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Remember fix them the way FinallyChelle said to fix them she is the inventor of the drying them out in the frying pan. I hope you love them the way I do. I Started out with the angel hair pasta in home made chicken soup. Next meal was the angel hair pasta in a shrimp veggie stir fry.

Oh urgent make sure you cut up the fettuccine pasta after rinsing them otherwise they are too long so I cut them both ways. The miracle rice is awesome also in stuffed peppers using your normal recipe and subbing miracle rice.

I found a recipe for making the miracle rice into rice pudding. I have not done it yet maybe tomorrow since I have eaten them twice today.

I will be eating these as many times a day that I can. I love garlic and onion strong flavors so the noodles take on the flavor The secret is do not compare them to normal pasta otherwise you will be disappointed it is fiber from a plant not true pasta. I only eat them after rinsing off the smell from the liquid they are packed in,blotting them with a paper towel, cutting them to a shorter length if necessary, and drying them in a frying pan. See Finallychelle directions she taught me. I give her credit for leading me to this weight loss weapon I now use. The noodles help me with no calories or carbs I can eat pasta dishes and rice again.
  • kathyduffney
    Options
    Bump Chicka bump bump
  • sitasays
    sitasays Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I'm ordering mine from Amazon right now....
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Remember fix them the way FinallyChelle said to fix them she is the inventor of the drying them out in the frying pan. I hope you love them the way I do. I Started out with the angel hair pasta in home made chicken soup. Next meal was the angel hair pasta in a shrimp veggie stir fry.

Oh urgent make sure you cut up the fettuccine pasta after rinsing them otherwise they are too long so I cut them both ways. The miracle rice is awesome also in stuffed peppers using your normal recipe and subbing miracle rice.

I found a recipe for making the miracle rice into rice pudding. I have not done it yet maybe tomorrow since I have eaten them twice today.

I will be eating these as many times a day that I can. I love garlic and onion strong flavors so the noodles take on the flavor The secret is do not compare them to normal pasta otherwise you will be disappointed it is fiber from a plant not true pasta. I only eat them after rinsing off the smell from the liquid they are packed in,blotting them with a paper towel, cutting them to a shorter length if necessary, and drying them in a frying pan. See Finallychelle directions she taught me. I give her credit for leading me to this weight loss weapon I now use. The noodles help me with no calories or carbs I can eat pasta dishes and rice again.

I love that the student has become the teacher! Now it is I who am the "young grasshopper"...!
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You are a wonder Chelle, i am in Aus and bought some of the Miracle noodles "rice' first bag, ohhh very fishy and blah, squidgy texture, then read on here about dry frying, FANTASTIC smell gone and much much much better texture, love it!!! Anyone who has ever blanched at the texture or smell, dry fry them and you will be amazed at the difference.

Thanks for the feedback! I haven't found the rice, yet, and am glad to hear that dry frying works with the rice, as well. You and Miracle (see post above this one) have both taught me something. Thanks, again!

-Chelle
  • JuliePleasant
    JuliePleasant Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Gonna try a couple of the recipes. :-)
  • ukjude
    ukjude Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eboothby
    eboothby Posts: 24
    Options
    Great Thread
  • Thirstygirl
    Thirstygirl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I do this too --
    how do you make yours???
    Hilarious, I'm eating shrimp Alfredo ala shirataki noodles as I read this thread!
  • Thirstygirl
    Thirstygirl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i just pulled out a bag of the noodles that i have... tried the dry frying and what a world of difference they are... i like them but i LOVE them now!!! mine are the tofu shirataki but when looking at ingredients they have both tofu and yam... they are 40 calories for the whole bag... this is just thrilling to me:)
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Not a fan. Could not stand the texture. Even tried dry frying with no love of the noodles. I'd rather put in the extra exercise time for other types of noodles.