Let's Talk About Shirataki Noodles- The Continuation

Options

Replies

• MizzTatiana
    MizzTatiana Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I live in MAINE. If there was a nowhere, that's where I am. There's no Asian Markets for hours, there's a couple small natural food centers, which aren't great for varity or anything so "exotic", and so I'm limited to shopping online. Everyting I've found online is sooo expensive once you've added in the shipping! Is there a website you would reccomend? I just want 1 or two packages just to try first before I spend the big $$$ on someting I would'nt eat you know... Any help someone pls???
  • eboothby
    eboothby Posts: 24
    Options
    I heard someone say that they had them in Hannaford in the health food section. I am going to look tomorrow
  • binkyb00
    binkyb00 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I had this for lunch today. I made it with ground turkey, and it made me really full fast.
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    thanks so much! getting some tomorrow and can't wait to try the dry-fry method
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I tried, and will pass on them next time.
  • GodsyGirl
    GodsyGirl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Beloved Friend Chelle, I am so excited to share another recipe with you. I just made a Pasta Salad with the Shirataki Noodles never with the tofu just not a fan of tofu. Rinse throughly to remove smell and taste of liquid it was packed in, blot dry, than Dry fry the noodles until all moisture is gone. I always add plenty of garlic. Next step is cool Noodles off Set aside.

In a bowl combine sliced Cucumber,cherry tomatoes cut in half, sliced green onions, carrots all sliced combined with raw chopped garlic. I next add Shirataki Angel hair pasta with home made Italian Seasoned Olive oil/Balsamic Vinegar.

I have always loved my spaghetti salad and only used low carb spaghetti by dream Field, but it still has calories of 190 and 5 carbs or more depending how much I use. :grumble:

I now have a pasta salad with Shirataki Noodles with no carbs or calories so the only calorie count is only the veggies and extra virgin olive oil /Balsamic vinegar. I love that these Noodles are fiber and very filling.

I want to give a Urgent warning please do not think the Shirataki Noodles can replace nutritious food, it cannot.:noway: The danger is if a person tried to live only on the noodles without putting calories with it they would literally starve to death. There is no nutrition in Shirataki Noodles they are "not" pasta so remember they are pure fiber from a Konjac Asian plant.

Shirataki Noodles are meant to be used with meat,veggies, eggs, seafood as a sub for high calorie pasta or rice dishes.

i highly recommend the miracle rice also, just dry fry, put it in a pudding made with your chocolate protein powder. The exact recipe can be found in search engines there are many of them. My next experiment is to see what the miracle rice tastes like with Jay Robb Tropical Fruit that tastes like a orange ice cream bar. I love rice pudding and missed it. My chocolate rice pudding is Very yummy. I will not use any protein powder except Jay Robb, because his protein shakes only uses all natural Stevia as a sweetener not chemical sweeteners like aka splenda or aspartame.

I have made delicious Stuffed Green peppers with the shirataki rice a few nights ago. No one can tell the difference between the miracle rice and the white rice. I live in Europe and can only buy Shirataki noodles online. Check out search engine and compare prices there are many places to purchase it. miraclenoodle.com has free shipping to all over the world but they are just one of many places. Amazon is higher in price than most places. I placed a very large order from USA because I cannot find anyone in Europe selling them. If anyone knows where to purchase online from Europe please email me.

What I LOVE :love: about MFP is we pass along weight loss and health tips because we want to share and help others succeed their goals also. Finallychelle takes time out of her busy schedule to post hundred or more of tasty low calorie recipes. If it were not for her sharing this blessing of shirataki noodles on MFP I would never have heard of them. Thank You Chelle, you are a special friend of mine on MFP. :flowerforyou:

URGENT EDIT
    Ok I have to edit the post. Do not use the angel hair pasta, you still need to combine some form of spaghetti with Shirataki noodles like dream field low carb pasta is what I just added. I am sure the fettuccine shirataki noodle would work also but the angel hair is too fine of a pasta. I still left it for fiber but next time using fettuccine. I just added dream field low carb pasta to my pasta salad. I have heard others say there is a spaghetti Shirataki noodle I have to find it online. If anyone knows where to purchase the spaghetti shirataki noodle please email me.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I live in MAINE. If there was a nowhere, that's where I am. There's no Asian Markets for hours, there's a couple small natural food centers, which aren't great for varity or anything so "exotic", and so I'm limited to shopping online. Everyting I've found online is sooo expensive once you've added in the shipping! Is there a website you would reccomend? I just want 1 or two packages just to try first before I spend the big $$$ on someting I would'nt eat you know... Any help someone pls???
    Do you have a "Jewel Osco" or "Whole Foods" near you? Both those stores sell Miracle Noodles.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Honestly.. that was REALLLLLLLLLLY long, and I didn't read all of it lol, But I would like to say, I've been looking for them and haven't been able to find them :(
  • rfberry
    rfberry Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you posted this. I have just recently been introduced to the kind with the tofu mixed in. I have not tried them yet but I'm sure if I can get through a bag, I should like this other kind you mention. I am definitely going to try the calorie free kind. I am finding there are many calorie free alternatives out there. Have you heard of Walden Farms. They have all sorts of calorie free dressings, bbq sauce, chocolate and caramel syrup, peanut butter,pancake syrup, Alfredo sauce, jams and others. I am going to couple the Alfredo sauce with the Shirataki Noodles and some grilled chicken. Maybe some broccoli too.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Love them especially in Spicy Asian style soups. Haven't tried dry frying but will next time.

Does anyone in Australia know where the rice version is sold? Not come across them yet or the tofu ones.

I like that they have more fibre than plain old pasta too.

The Japanese have eaten these forever so it's nice to know they are safe as long as you don't live on them that is.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Im having trouble finding them :-(
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    like we don't know that miracle4me is not you ......

This ^^^^^^
    :laugh: my name must be Jay Robb :noway: according to your IQ because I wrote "it is the best tasting protein shake in my opinion."
    Have you heard of the search engine? I suggest you stop talking out of your butt cheeks and look up Shirataki Noodles, also called slender noodles, miracle noodles, it is not a pasta, it is from a Plant that is pure Fiber shaped like pasta.
  • radeema
    radeema Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Not a fan. Could not stand the texture. Even tried dry frying with no love of the noodles. I'd rather put in the extra exercise time for other types of noodles.

Amen to that. :) I tried frying as well. I tolerate the tofu shiratake, but the one's without tofu will have to stay in the cooler for me.

It boils down to...what floats one's boat, may not float another's. :)
  • MizzTatiana
    MizzTatiana Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Do you have a "Jewel Osco" or "Whole Foods" near you? Both those stores sell Miracle Noodles.
    Closest thing to whole foods is the Natural living center, with no luck.
  • becca14u2nv
    becca14u2nv Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Closest thing to whole foods is the Natural living center, with no luck.

In Maine the store locations you might be able to locate these are Shaw's, Price Chopper, or Hannaford's. You might want to look in the health food refrigeration section. Another option might be to order on Amazon.com which is where I order my fettuccini and macaroni forms as the only ones I can get in my grocery are the spaghetti.
  • asirak87
    asirak87 Posts: 11
    Options
    TIP : rinse them REALLY WELL first
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Not a fan. Could not stand the texture. Even tried dry frying with no love of the noodles. I'd rather put in the extra exercise time for other types of noodles.

Amen to that. :) I tried frying as well. I tolerate the tofu shiratake, but the one's without tofu will have to stay in the cooler for me.

It boils down to...what floats one's boat, may not float another's. :)

Yup. I tried cooking them the way the OP recommended but really it was like eating Silly String (or what I think Silly String might taste like). If I want easy to make noodle like food with stir fry I use prepackaged coleslaw with a bit of oil and soy sauce. A few more carbs and calories than shirataki noodles but more taste and nutrients and less time.

But I do appreciate the OP's enthusiasm and willingness to share her ideas.
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This answered all my questions...especially about how to prepare them and where to buy the noodles. THANKS!!!