Do you really think logging in every day to MFP helps?

Options

Replies

• gldnlark
    gldnlark Posts: 53
    Options
    This site helped me prove to not only myself, but my doctors that I was doing nothing wrong, yet my weight loss seriously stalled-out after surviving a serious illness... Since then I've been able to pursue more drastic measures to kick-start my system again. This site helps for sure.
  • ciobair
    ciobair Posts: 69
    Options
    I think so.

I'm only 5 days in, so it's possibly still the novelty aspect.

But hopefully, in the future I'll keep to it and maybe have a few "friends" on here to keep me honest and to keep me on the right path.
  • kimjean
    kimjean Posts: 9
    Options
    without a doubt.
  • LynRhea
    LynRhea Posts: 15
    Options
    It really helps to log everything you eat. I hold myself accountable for every bite or drink. It was no wonder that I hadn't been able to lose weight. I was overeating!
  • mizcat
    mizcat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I definitely helps me! I try to log every single day...
  • carini_wini
    carini_wini Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just because you log into MFP doesn't mean you'll lose weight. It's not a magic trick where you trade the site information and it takes the weight off you.. HOWEVER It does seem to help in the sense that it shows you what you're doing wrong.

It plainly lists out information so you (and/or your trainer/doctor/really healthy uncle robert) can pick through t and realize where the problem areas are.

I feel like for me it's helped because it makes me sit there and go "Oh yeah.. I did have that xyz this morning.." because sometimes (as dumb as this sounds) I forget what I've eaten and think I'm ready for another treat when I just had one not too long ago.
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    absolutely
    Its here as a constant reminder and teaches me just how bad some of the foods i eat/used to eat are.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    My vote is yes. I was exercising about 3 times a week, 15 mins each time. Since I have joined MFP, I work out at least 6 days a week for no less than 30 minutes.
  • goncountry
    goncountry Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Join our group, "365 logins to leave the group" very supportive people, no weirdos and very determined, motivated members but forgiving if you are human and happen to miss a day or make a bad choice!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    yeah! I won't do it forever though...I don't want to become too dependent.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • Jenloma
    Jenloma Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for myfitnesspal, I would be logging in a journal. To loose weight, everything needs to be logged so you don't go over count. Those who don't succeed are not logging in. I know cause I have 3 friends that are not logging in and are not loosing weight.
  • MichaelaAustin
    MichaelaAustin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    yes. I especially value the support I'm finding during my times of stress strife and life
  • Kassielin13
    Options
    Accountability!!!
  • muddog1109
    Options
    Yes, I really believe it will help me stay on track. I have only been logging for 5 days and it really amazes me that I could do away with so many calories by eating healthier.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Reporting everyday really helps me. It keeps me disciplined and that is what this program is all about. SELF DISCIPLINE!!

Basil
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Yes for me it is very important, it's the only way I can be accountable for the things I do (good and bad) with eating and exercizing. I have logged in for over 830 days now!!!
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    yes
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Of course it helps, but you can get to a point where you don't need to log every day to know you're on the right track. I log probably once or twice a week to make sure I'm still on the right track. I don't worry about every single day because I work 24 hour shifts and things can get busy for me during that time. Also, I'm not always the one who prepares my food (sometimes the other guys on my crew cook dinner). So, as long as I'm not hungry and I'm not eating out of boredom, I feel like I'm on the right track. I still log my exercise to see *about* how many calories I burn so I know sort of how my food should go for the day. I enjoy having days where I log and days that I don't. I'm still losing weight regularly. It works for me.