Do you really think logging in every day to MFP helps?

Options

Replies

• alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My fitness pal helps me know EXACTLY what I am eating and what it contains. I never knew how much fat or sugar was in the junk I ate everyday. Sometimes I log it in before eating it and I make different choices. I love monitoring my fiber. I owe the discipline taught to me by MFP. I have results because of my fitness pal. As they say, when you know better - you do better. I am doing much better!:wink:

Omg I do the same thing. I'm too obsessive over it, though... I've lost sleep over food and counting everything. In helped me learn but it also got me paranoid and anxious when I'm not at a computer to log it in ... :( I miss how I didn't need this site. Life and food were more enjoyable for me.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    F*** YEAH!!
    Though, I'm getting a little OCD about everything I consume. I'm extremely meticulous about exact calculations so I get a little anxious when not eating at home...not sure what looks I would get if I toted around my food scale, measuring spoons/cups around everywhere and busted them out every time I was offered something to eat/drink.

I'm the same and hate it :( life and food was more enjoyable before this site for me... But I'm obsessed.
  • carlotabruni
    Options
    I don't think I could keep count of my calories without this... let alone keep going..
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It absolutely helps. It is all about accountability.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm holding myself accountable for what I eat. I log in every day (okay sometimes I miss like one day) but then it's easier to remember what you ate and stuff like that.
    It keeps me thinking about what I'm eating all the time.
    Obviously the act of logging on doesn't directly help weight loss but it's the mental factors.
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I know for a fact it helps me.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    YES food and exercise!!
  • mcw1976
    mcw1976 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Helps keep me accountable for the food I eat. Looks bad when you see "Box of twinkies" on you food diary! :smile:
  • kimschoices
    kimschoices Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, every day. It's a great way to plan your day or special events. It keeps you accountable, and works.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    You have to log in everyday. If you're not logging your food you don't know how many calories you're eating. If you don't log your exercise you don't know how many you are burning.

Do the work, get the results.
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    I really do think it helps. It helps me to log in and see my progress, but I also receive encouragement from friends and on message boards...
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    This program is saving my life...and making it easy! YES...logging in every day helps me.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    As long as I'm honest with what I'm logging...
  • amiguito123
    Options
    Yes it does because it helps me keep track of my calorie intake and expenditure, so logging in is like the little voice of my conscience telling me when to stop eating.
  • Kathi1051
    Kathi1051 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Logging in each day is definitely helpful to me. It makes me aware of the balance of carbs, fats and proteins and helps me adjust accordingly. It's also cool to see how exercise can "earn" you more intake calories! I am loving my daily exercise, trying new things and feeling stronger!
  • EliseVanca
    EliseVanca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Not even to lose weight. I'm trying to maintain. And by logging, I know that I'm not going over or under and I see how healthy my foods are. I love MFP. It helps alot.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Um...Yep. I wouldn't have lost 108 pounds without MFP logging! :flowerforyou:
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Yes, It lets me see what I'm eating and helped me understand portion control better. I log everyday, whether I'm over by 3000 or under by 1000.
  • sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    I tried a lot of things for a long time. The only time I have ever lost weight was when I was logging in my calories in MFP every day. It's like a game to me. it helps me temper what I eat, and exercise more so I don't go over my number. I thought I could stop and only log in sporadically and I gained 15 pounds. Now that I log everyday, I've lost 10 of those 15! It may not be for everyone, but it works for me.
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I honestly had no idea how many calories I was consuming before I started tracking on MFP. I was like....whoa, that could feed a small company of soldiers for a week. Thing was, once I started staying under my BMR regularly, I found I really wasn't all that hungry. I eating because I was bored, emotional eating, stupid reasons. It's a great tool that I will probably keep using long after I hit my goal weight.