Do you really think logging in every day to MFP helps?

Options

Replies

• littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later....
  • zclark13
    zclark13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • emilysem
    emilysem Posts: 25
    Options
    Yes. I binge and this holds me accountable for what I eat. I wouldn't want to log a ton of binge food into my day! I have actually binged so much less.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    F*** YEAH!!
    Though, I'm getting a little OCD about everything I consume. I'm extremely meticulous about exact calculations so I get a little anxious when not eating at home...not sure what looks I would get if I toted around my food scale, measuring spoons/cups around everywhere and busted them out every time I was offered something to eat/drink.
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    YES! This is what helped me get going on my weight loss........I am accountable for everything I put into my mouth, and I can blame no one but me!
  • jenorozco79
    Options
    It doesn't necessarily prevent me from overeating, but knowing that I have to log in the next day reminds me that I'm starting with a fresh slate every morning. That's empowering.
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    Logging into MFP daily makes a HUGE difference. Having support and seeing everyones progress is a big motivator for me!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    YYYEEESSSS

you get to know how many calories are in everything....my friends roll their eyes at me when I tell them the calorie count in everything...I'm my own food database now!
  • StopherJJ
    StopherJJ Posts: 79
    Options
    VERY much so!!!

Trust me I was doing great until I started slacking.

Now that im back on I am already feeling better!
  • mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Yes it does. ita an reminder for your self that we need help an this is a tool to get there.......
    we are all trying to get fiter or lose weight, we need help... use it as a tool.. like an bike, new walking shoes. for me it helps...
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My fitness pal helps me know EXACTLY what I am eating and what it contains. I never knew how much fat or sugar was in the junk I ate everyday. Sometimes I log it in before eating it and I make different choices. I love monitoring my fiber. I owe the discipline taught to me by MFP. I have results because of my fitness pal. As they say, when you know better - you do better. I am doing much better!:wink:
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    One word...YES!:) Theres no way "I dont think" that I could be so consistent and motivated without logging on each day and having all my supportive friends to talk to about it who are going through this journey also:)
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Though, I'm getting a little OCD about everything I consume. I'm extremely meticulous about exact calculations so I get a little anxious when not eating at home...not sure what looks I would get if I toted around my food scale, measuring spoons/cups around everywhere and busted them out every time I was offered something to eat/drink.

Thought it was just me. I am anxious when I don't have my scale, measuring spoons and cups. I also get anxious to log in my food or exercise so I can see the tally! I can live with this new habit!
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You betcha .All other methods (nutrasystem, alli, etc.) were for naught. Results speak for themselves (see weight tracker below).
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. It's a daily reminder to log. If you get out of the habit of logging in and logging your food then it's way to easy to slide back into old habits. I log everyday and I still find it difficult to stay under cals sometimes. Left to my own devices, I'd go right back to the way I was before I started. I have a MAJOR sweet tooth and it keeps me in line. I splurge every now and then, but I now think twice before I do.
  • Godsgirl4u
    Options
    Of course it does! I never tracked the foods I've in take, but watching the calories of each items helps me decide what I chose to put in my mouth. I need all the help I can get, each day I look forward to reporting to MFP, I'm addictive and loving it. :love:
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yes Yes Yes Yes. My weight loss has tripled since logging on every day and tracking my food. It keeps me accountable as well as helps me to realize how much I'm actually eating.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    It helped me a lot in the sence of knowing how much I'm eating without logging it in because I've been doing it for awhile now, but for me, it can also depress me. I get too obsessive over it and freak out if I find out the sugar content of certain food items and I don't enjoy food as much anymore because then I feel guilty if I eat it but I really wanted it. Like fruit....which is horrible, fruit is good for you despite the sugar. I'm always counting calories now, even in my sleep... It seems like I've gotten fatter ever since I started using this site and I think it recommended a calorie deficit that was way too low for me in the beginning. So my body starved while I was doing this intense program called Bodyrock. I lost muscle mass, became weaker and fatter.... I lose my lean look and the sleeker curve I had in my waist. I over trained while eating too little... I want to rebuild my lost muscle and burn this fat I gained.....

Everyone tells me to eat more but slowly, so my metabolism can get back up again. I ate too little for too long so my metabolism slowed down and breaking down muscle as well.

And to think I hated my bidy before,.... I was so stupid.
  • LCunkle83
    LCunkle83 Posts: 179
    Options
    absolutely!! It has changed my life.... seriously!!
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    YES. I log most everything every day. The good and the bad. It helps me make better choices. It holds me accountable and makes it easier for me to plan meals.

I really like it when my friends log as I have stolen many ideas.