Do you really think logging in every day to MFP helps?

Options

Replies

• LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    works for me, but everyone is different :ohwell:
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Question = Do you really think logging in every day to MFP helps?

Answer = YES!!!!!!!!! Research actually has shown that people who journal their food intake are more aware of their choices, portions and overall caloric intake... meaning they will typically make better choices =)
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Heck ya! Plus you can put it on your phone too, and they stay in sync with eachother, so theres no "trying to remember" eveything you had to eat!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Right now I like to but I don't want to be tied to it forever.

I have a pretty good idea of what food works for me and I just need to be mindful to listen to my body and avoid overconsumption.

I'll probably have a period of not logging for a month or so and see what happens, from there in I'll come back to logging if I start to slip.

I guess that has the disadvantage of not knowing what made me slip but I don't want to be logging forever.
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    absolutely! it keeps me motivated, i make myself do it everyday!

this morning i made my lunch for the day and i immediately entered it into MFP at 6 am! it kept me on track all day and when i passed the cafeteria, i didn't buy anything at all cause i knew that i would spoil my dinner and dessert.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    100% YES it does.

Without knowing what you are eating, I mean, really knowing, and if you have a food issue, why else are most of us (not all of us, I do realize this) on this website in the first place. There really is no way of you knowing how much you are eating thru out the day. You might not think oh this bite or that bite isn't doing me any harm but at the end of the day, all those harmless bites can amount to more calories, sodium, carbs and so on than you thought you ate.

I enjoy tracking, I know others might find it to be tedious and of course whatever works for you, but for me, yes logging in and being accountable helps me. Also reading the forum, seeing everyone else's success photos, finding out what others have discovered recipe wise helps as I am so not creative in the kitchen.

YMMV, but for me, logging in here every day helps. Thankfully this site exists and for no cost to us. Kudos to the founders :)
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Do you see my start date and the my TOTAL weight loss of 8 lbs? Well, my total weight loss was more like 35-40 lbs and then I stopped logging. I restarted at the end of June. While not logging, I gained all that back and then some. And, I lost 2 years gaining all that back. So, YES! MFP helps. Good luck with your journey!
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes... helps me focus, plan ahead, be accountable, get support. And once I stop, even for a day, it is a slippery slope. Next thing I know its been three months and I am back at square one!
  • deanotoot
    deanotoot Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes it helps me see what i need to work on!:wink:
  • dreilingda
    dreilingda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'd say it helps me from over-eating a lot because of one simple fact. I don't eat little snacks because it's more of a pain to log them than it is not to eat them. I call it the lazy man's diet.
  • jlmoses91
    jlmoses91 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yes! I went off of it for a month, only gained like 2 pounds but when I was logging daily I kept myself acountable for what I ate and how much I exercised. It lets me see what I can work on. Plus it keeps me from overeating!
  • jasonthekidd
    Options
    MFP is not only about the food and exercise tracking....the community is a powerful force for motivation and friendship. I spend tons of time on MFP! Love it. It helps.
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I actually just saw an entire new segment on how logging helps you lose. If you are honest and log everything in your mouth. Also skipping meals will hinder you as well.
  • stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Options
    OMG YES YES YES!!!!! Tracking keeps me from going overboard and keeps me honest! I also like being accountable to all of my MFP friends!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    100% helpful. Its surprising how much my diet has changed. Even today... when I was tempted to grab something I shouldn't... I thought ' I can't, or I will have to put it on MFP' lol
    If your brutally honest about what you put in your mouth goes down in the log.. then yes..
    if you hide what your eating from the log so people don't see.. then your just doing what you have prob always done and no, it probably won't work for you. Its about being accountable...
    Don't forget, What you eat in private shows in public :)
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Most definitely YES!! The good bad and the ugly is always logged. I wouldn't be where I am without logging and the great friends I've made here on MFP along the way!! Love my MFP family!! :love:
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Sounds stupid, I know.

If it doesn't, why bother?
  • pennyrtyler
    pennyrtyler Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, definitely!!
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    If I don't log in everyday I will lose rhe habit - it takes 21 times to MAKE a habit but only 3 times to LOSE a habit!
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    YES1