Do you really think logging in every day to MFP helps?

Options

Replies

• loissiegel
    Options
    Yes and Yes. I love know how much I eat and how much exercise I get. Knowing I have to keep track of my food put an end to the mindless leating.
  • 2fat4knees
    2fat4knees Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    certainly helps me...I've just started a couple of weeks ago so this helps me realize just how many calories are in the choices I was making before so I am making better choices now
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    Yeah, it really helps me hold myself accountable and change what I need to change!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Absolutely no question.
  • jvpease
    jvpease Posts: 11
    Options
    Absolutely...check out the first sentence in this health article posted on ABCNews.com today: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/weight-loss-techniques-work/story?id=16762211.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    It keeps me on track and helps me decide what to eat. Without it, I'd probably eat 300g of carbs a day np :laugh:
  • manders11313
    manders11313 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree. I have always been the type of person that once I screw up one meal it is downhill and I would eat poorly for the rest of the day. But with logging in not just every day but every time I eat or drink something keeps me accountable and on track.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yes and I log it all, good, bad and ugly! If not I would eat and forget how much I ate. Plus looking up things helps me make better choices.
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Definitely!! I actually log on multiple times a day... I like logging my food, love I can can foods with my phone and bang they are in there in my log.

Truth be told I check MFP before I roll out of bed ;):flowerforyou:
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    Helps me a great deal, I closely monitor what I eat now
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    For sure, and if you keep some good friends and they log in everday also, then it is good for you and them too!!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Yes, it helps me a great deal to log in daily and track my food and exercise.
  • chinacat90
    chinacat90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    it is absolutely helping me hold myself accountable and really see what i'm putting in my mouth. when i see it in black and white, it's no wonder i wasn't losing anything before!!
  • brentdaniels
    brentdaniels Posts: 127
    Options
    Yes, definitely. When I know I have to log what I am eating, it makes me think twice if I am planning something not so nutritous.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    When I firt started 200 days ago, I logged every morsel I ate, drank, and every exercise I did and was losing weight at a rapid rate. With the oncoming of summer's activities, I haven't been nearly as diligent, my food hasn't been nearly as clean, my weight loss stalled for two months. I've started logging again, not as diligently as in the beginning, but I'm trying to get back to that.. it's work, no doubt.. and takes dedication, but I've started losing weight again and it just goes to show it makes all the difference. You really have no way of knowing what's going in and out unless you log.
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! It holds me accountable...if I didn't log my food...God knows how many calories I would consume every day!!
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I've been at it for nearly a month and it's really help me sort through my eating habits and how exercise can help me out. I like that I'm accountable for my actions - and I love the community.
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    Absolutely! It holds me accountable...if I didn't log my food...God knows how many calories I would consume every day!!

^ 100% agree!
  • matthew67899
    matthew67899 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It has really helped me make better decisions from meal to meal. I used to go home and fix up two sandwiches with lunch meat and cheese for dinner thinking it was helping but now I haven't bought lunch meat in months. Also....knowing what my limit is each day gives me something to think about before I eat something I shouldn't eat. I can't tell you how many times I've thought about grabbing something and have 2nd thoughts beforehand and put it back......ESPECIALLY in the grocery store. I still eat stuff that's not that great for me but at least I know now that I'll need to eat smart the rest of the day to make up for it.
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Sometimes Logging in every day is all one has to celebrate.

So yeah...