The Power of Zumba

Options

Replies

• kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I will tell you what my kick a** instructor tells us - "if your new and don't know the moves, that's ok - you'll learn them. Just keep moving and have fun." Keep going, have fun and let your inhibitions go. Move and enjoy!
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I love doing Zumba! it is a grest cardio workout! The gym I'm a member of offers it daily! I try to do it three times a week! It took some time to get use to the moves and I felt a bit shy with the booty shaking and hip swaying, but now I shake and sway with the best of them!

Personally, I wouldn't knock any workout that produce results as yours! Great work! You look awesome!
  • SuperMammaLeah
    SuperMammaLeah Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba Game for the Wii, because I live in a place where I do not have a sitter for my children. I find it to be very fast pace and when I am done I am covered in sweat. I just wanted to make sure because I am not doing some of the moves exactly the way they are it was still alright.

I wish that I could go to a class, but I am new to TN, and don't know anyone really.
  • lexie2005
    lexie2005 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    WOW Well done! I am a zumba addict too, have never found an exercise I enjoyed until now..... I am hoping when I get to goal that I can do my instructor training & show others that you can go from hating any exercise to panicking when you can't get to class lol!
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! That's all I do is Zumba! You look awesome.
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Congratulations on your amazing success!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation, I guess its time to get into Zumba for me. I have the wii version but dont know if the DVDs would be better than the wii. Right now I do walk away the pounds but want to change it up a bit.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    You look great, well done!
  • Daizy06
    Daizy06 Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome results!!! Zumba Luv!!
  • blackbeauty2011
    blackbeauty2011 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started Zumba a month ago and absolutely love it!! Thanks for sharing-this motivated me to keep kicking it up a notch!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful! And I am proud of you!! I am TOTALLY enjoying Zumba myself. Thanks for standing up for Zumba!!
  • jennatha
    jennatha Posts: 20
    Options
    Awesome!!! The people that laugh at Zumba have obviously nver been to a kick *kitten* Zumba class! I am lucky enough to have 2 great classes to go to:)
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Zumba instructor here!! You look amazing!!! Keep up the good work shaking off those calories! Zumba love!!
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    holy crap!
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • sweetbaker77
    Options
    You are an amazing young woman! Zumba!!
  • natalie4grace
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for 2 weeks and I am getting better!!! I love it!! It is so fun and I have lost 5lbs in 2 weeks :) I cant wait to be under 200!!!!! I do Night Club Cardio too and it is fun as well!!! You look great!!! You are an inspiration!!!
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I started Zumba a few days ago, but I am terrible at doing the moves. Do you have to get it right every single time? I do have a lot of fun doing the work out I am just worried that because I am a terrible dancer that it will not work for me like it has the others.

Where I take zumba at my instructor tells us worry less about getting the moves perfect and more about putting everything you have into it, getting a great workout, and having fun. I seriously sometimes get so off, but I sweat up a storm and can burn around 600 calories in an hour (for my weight/height/age, its an incredible burn, and around the same I get for a spin class).
  • mama2mila
    mama2mila Posts: 92
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Great job!

I too am a zumba lover ;) It took me a few months of classes to get the hang of it, and I'm by no means perfect, but I have most of it down. A lot has to be said for your instructor! My classes have 4 different instructors; sometimes we only have 1, sometimes all 4!!! So every class is different!

I have combined zumba with weight training (and eating mostly clean of course) and have gone from 185 (and over 38% bodyfat) to now 154 (and 24% bodyfat).... and still losing!
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite transformation of all time. What an AMAZING change.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!