The Power of Zumba

Options

Replies

• MsTonyaRenee
    MsTonyaRenee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA. (haha inside joke to anyone who goes!) I tell members of my gym all the time to come give it a try. Also if you dont like the class you went to.. it could be the instructor, so try it more than once.
    Simple rule to follow: The fuller the class.. the better the instructor..

I am a front row girl.. and I tell newbies .. I have CRD. Caucasion Rhythm Disorder.. You dont have to get it right.. just keep moving.

:)

CRD! Finally a diagnoses for my problem! lol, I :heart: Zumba
  • kokoa4mateo
    Options
    You look gorgeous! I'm also doing Zumba. I love it! Boy does it make you sweat! Congratulations!
  • Kailuen
    Kailuen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I am considering zumba for fun!
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Way to go! There's a workout for everyone-that's what I love about exercise! I'm not very coordinated and wasn't crazy about zumba, but I know people that LOVE it and it has made a HUGE difference to them! You look amazing, girl!
  • tabitha360
    tabitha360 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Going back today. Love me some Zumba!!!
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow. WAY TO GO!!!! :)
  • HeatherNoyes
    HeatherNoyes Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Zumba is AMAZING. Started it a month after MFP...it has helped me to lost 28 pounds in 90 days! Love the workout, the sweat, the adrenaline rush. Cut loose, have fun and burn those calories!!!!
  • Maudy16
    Maudy16 Posts: 36
    Options
    Congratulations you look fab. :)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Girl you look amazing. Way to go. And you had fun doing it too!!!
  • SntmntlGk
    SntmntlGk Posts: 16
    Options
    Awesome work, congrats!

Zumba is great, I burn more calories doing Zumba than anything else I have tried so far including various Jillian Michaels workouts and Brazil Butt Lift - confirmed by my Bodybugg.

I add in other stuff because I'm trying to build muscle while I burn fat, but for blasting calories there's nothing better than Zumba if you really get into it! :)
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I just started doing it recently...so fun and burns more calories than anything else I'm doing! I do it on the wii sometimes too.
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You look absolutley AMAZING! I started going to Zumba once a week in March when I joined MFP. I was nervous at first because I am one of the "older" ladies. I found that everyone was fun and supportive.

Now I go to ZUMBA class 4 times a week and can't live without it!
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. you make me want to go turn on my zumba game right now because it IS possible :) Congrats on taking awesome care of yourself and looking smokin.
  • SuperMammaLeah
    SuperMammaLeah Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I started Zumba a few days ago, but I am terrible at doing the moves. Do you have to get it right every single time? I do have a lot of fun doing the work out I am just worried that because I am a terrible dancer that it will not work for me like it has the others.
  • chi18
    chi18 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations - you should be very proud.

I'm another Zumba lover and for anyone thinking about it but feeling self-conscious, just go. You'll screw up the moves but the beauty is that no one cares. There is always someone who will be "better" than you andsomeone who will be "worse" than you but it doesn't matter at all because as long as you keep moving you will burn calories and improve.
  • Reneefit135
    Reneefit135 Posts: 170
    Options
    You look great!! I totally love Zumba too, I have never enjoyed exercising and now I can't seem to get enough!!! Well at least of Zumba, I go 4 days a weeks, actually I do find myself working out more at the gym now. I also have some awesome instructors and since I started 10 1/2 months ago, I've lost 64 lbs.

Thats awesome, what was your eating like during the loss. I do Zumba 4 times a week as well, only lost 6lbs so far.
  • Reneefit135
    Reneefit135 Posts: 170
    Options
    Great job!! You look great!! I also swear by Zumba! I have went from 155 to 120 pounds by doing just zumba!! LOVE IT!!!

Awesome, how long did it take you?
  • missymontanez1
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation will be going to my hole in the wall class that I absolutely love. I myself just started going to Zumba and it really feels like a party and I love feeling sore when I know I had so much fun:bigsmile:
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Zumba. I started the Zumba workouts to help me with my dancing and body movements/coordination. I've always loved to dance but I've never been good at moving my hips...always moved kinda stiff. It took a few weeks to get some of the moves down so I'm sure I looked rediculous. I didn't care though, I was having fun. Now that I know how to do the moves and can shake my hips, I put my own flare to the moves and really get into the dancing. I have a HRM and just doing a 30 min workout, I can burn anywhere between 350-425 calories. Just think of what I can burn doing the longer DVDs...if only I had that much time. The few time's I have done the 45 min DVD/Cardio Party, my 4 year old starts interupting me so it's hard to finish.

You look phenominal by the way. Congrats:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!