My Weird Walmart Experience With a Cashier

Options

Replies

• trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I went to WM to buy dog food not that long ago and while the cashier was checking out my giant 50lb bag of food, she said to the older man behind me... "So are you going home with her? She bought a lot of snacks." The guy and I just looked at each other. Seriously? haha.
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Funny story.
    Still I never take bags for things with handles, I do so for the enviorment.
    I almost never buy bags at the store, I bring a trolley with me to store.
    Plastic isn´t good for the enviorment. That might be the reason they try to save bags on things like that.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I've only been to Walmart twice I think and one of those times my total was $8 and change, so I gave the checkout gal a five and 4 ones. She stood there and used that counterfeit pen meant for $20s and larger to check every bill. I said, they can't have you do that for every transaction?! And she just stared at me with a blank look for a long moment, then went back to checking the bills with the pen. Every time I have a choice between Walmart and Target, I remember that experience and choose Target.
  • Wilson929
    Wilson929 Posts: 100
    Options
    Went through the McDonalds drive through several years ago and orderds the 2 cheese burger meal. Drove off and took out my burger about a 1/2 block away to find out there was no MEAT in my burgers. Went back and walked the bag into the counter and asked if I could get two burgers with meat in them. The employee just stood there and asked me... "You didn't order them that way?" WTH !! The manager heard the employee and quickly stepped in to appologize for the mistake. Two seconds later another person walked in with the same problem.
    The worker in the back had made several to go orders without meat !!! LOL, seriously how does that happen !!
  • slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I used to work for Wal-Mart. I hated it! I had to pull a female co-worker aside and ask her if she could please take a shower before she comes to work. She smelled so bad. She smelled like rotten arm pits and curry. The next day she comes in smelling like rotten arm pits, curry and Fabrise.

Ugh!
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Haha!! OMG I can't believe it I never heard anyone does that about bag.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    My least favorite fast food experience was not too long ago at Wendys. I took my kiddos through the drive thru on the way home from the beach for a hamburger meal.... get home with their food... and there aren't any sandwiches in bags? WHAT?... load the kids back in the car (not fun).. drive back to Wendys (not happy).. unload the kids to go into the store and say WTH.. and the girl laughed and said "oh, I knew you'd be back"... UHM. (crickets)
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Plastic isn´t good for the enviorment. That might be the reason they try to save bags on things like that.

Maybe for some companies with a conscience, but I doubt Wal-Mart is more motivated by the environment than the bottom line... money.
  • txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of an exchange my sister had one night ordering a Junior bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's.

Sister: I'd like a Junior Bacon Hamburger please.
    Employee: We only have Junior Bacon Cheeseburgers, not Junior Bacon Hamburgers.
    Sister: Well can you get a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger with no cheese?
    Employee: Yes but you have to ask for a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger, hold the cheese.
    Sister: I'd like a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger, hold the cheese please.
    Employee: Anything else?

I have a friend who, in high school, worked at Arby's and made people order like that... Just for fun.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    AHAHAH!

No offense to my US neighbors, but in my part of the planet, never saw weird people like that in a Wal-Mart... wish I did!! ahahahah! :laugh:

Wish our Wal-Marts would let us bring our dogs in too....:frown: But ... maybe they wouldn't like a 115 pounds dog.... :bigsmile:
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Wow. Most of these posts are pretty high on the poster. Have you ever worked at Wal Mart? It seems as though that store attracts and multiplies the stupidity of of the stupidest people on earth.

I worked for two months as cash at Walmart. And four more in the cell phone department. Believe me. If the wal mart cashier was concerned you didn't want a bag for your g** dam* juice, it's because four people that day freaked out that she was killing the trees by putting a bag on the juice.

Stop believing you are important. The poor people who work there are just trying to do a pretty thankless job. As are most people in customer service. They put up with wierdos and all sorts all day long. Perhaps they are surly because the last ten customers were stupider and ruder than usual.

Just sayin.
  • sweetsassymolassy
    Options
    This reminded me of the time, years ago that I was checking out with a box of diapers for my infant son. A cashier who I had seen a few times looked at the diapers, the baby and then me.
    Cashier- How old are you?
    Me, taken by surprise- Umm, 24.
    Him- Oh, good. I thought you were, like, 16. Teenage motherhood is not good.
    Me-????
    I was too disconcerted to do anything at that point except pay and leave with my stuff.
  • sanguinepenguin
    Options
    Reading these makes me want to go to Wal-Mart :)
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    OMG,these made my morning. I have had some experiences as well though not always walmart. I usually go to a different store as I am not a fan of the walmart produce.
    1. i've had cashiers flip through my magazines.
    2. at Christmas time I was buying bulk in the shell nuts for some gift baskets. the area didn't have anything to write down bin # information so cashier told me she didn't know how to look them up. I said call someone that does. she said she doesn't even eat nuts and just stood there like I was supposed to say oh i dont want them then. when she finally got them entered she tried to double charge me for them.
    3. I was buying yogurt that was organic so it was $1 each. the cashier told me I was buying expensive yogurt. she would never pay that for each one.
    4. one cashier saw my work I.d. and said that he had placed an application at that company and asked if I liked it. I said I did. he then replied in a snotty tone that he had been rejected for employment with my company. I guess he thought it was my fault or something.
    none of these were at walmart so it is not isolated to that store.
  • abbyaxiom
    abbyaxiom Posts: 33
    Options
    I've never had anyone help me out at Walmart lol....I worked in a restaurant and me and the coworkers decided to have a movie night. I decided to buy "Waiting" for said movie night =) and when I asked an associate in the DVD section where I might find it, her response was "Oh we don't sell R rated movies here"....I quickly pointed out she was standing right in front of the SAW movies!!!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Ha! Not my proudest moment...but the cashiers never say hello at my Walmart. But I'm über friendly so I always have to say hi...I can't stand not saying hi. So I challenged my self not to speak and see if the cashier ever acknowledged my presence at her check out line. Nothing. I was fuming mad. Outraged pissed (and TOM) so finally when she finished ringing my purchase....she stood there silently...did not have the common curtosey to tell me my total(probably $350 or so) I exploded. I informed her that she was going to need to tell me hello and tell me the total out loud in order for me to pay. Etc etc etc...then the freaks behind me were looking at me like I was crazy.....I told them off too. Hahahahhahahaha!!!

Wow.

I've been meaning to tell someone about that. Lolz!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Wow. Most of these posts are pretty high on the poster. Have you ever worked at Wal Mart? It seems as though that store attracts and multiplies the stupidity of of the stupidest people on earth.

I worked for two months as cash at Walmart. And four more in the cell phone department. Believe me. If the wal mart cashier was concerned you didn't want a bag for your g** dam* juice, it's because four people that day freaked out that she was killing the trees by putting a bag on the juice.

Stop believing you are important. The poor people who work there are just trying to do a pretty thankless job. As are most people in customer service. They put up with wierdos and all sorts all day long. Perhaps they are surly because the last ten customers were stupider and ruder than usual.

Just sayin.

You sound like one of those people that shouldn't be working in customer service..:wink:
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Our local Walmart has a Subway in it and I usually take the kids there first before grocery shopping so they are content for the most part. When I was checking out the checkout lady yelled at me for signing my name on my WIC (Minnesota food checks) check, then she saw my kids prize from Subways IN THE DIAPER BAG, and SEARCHED THE DIAPER BAG because she though I was stealing toys! My goodness you old hag! It has SUBWAY printed in large letters on the front of the toy!!!

I was just shocked at the way she treated me so I didn't complain to the supervisor, but rarely do I ever go to Walmart now because of that experience. :)
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options

Just sayin.

You sound like one of those people that shouldn't be working in customer service..:wink:

I agree! Sorry but being a self own business owner, my priority is the customer service... Because as you can see, people tell all the horrible experiences there are. It's not one customers fault that another customer gave the cashier a "bad day" vibe. HA! Just saying.
  • abbyaxiom
    abbyaxiom Posts: 33
    Options

Just sayin.

I totally agree with you on that one lol. When you work in customer service of any kind you always run across the most awfu people the world has to offer,so eventually there are points where you really just dont care! It was the same way for me working in a restaurant and as a bartender. Sometimes there were days where i was just like "F" it! These people are ridiculous!!