Staying Motivated day to day- Prt 1......

Options

Replies

• dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone that's joined the thread! It's great to know you have support behind you, isn't it?

Yesterday was a sluggish day for me. I felt bad, had 0 energy, and generally just didn't want to move! I made myself (with the support of my hubby) go to my water aerobics class last night, and had fun. Hubs cooked me a nice chicken and cheese dinner.

Today, I woke up sluggishly, but am already feeling better than I did yesterday. I can tell I've got a bit more energy today. I don't know if I was out of it yesterday because of the weight training I did on Monday or what, but today feels like it's going to be a good day!

and I'm working on my #1 bottle of water for the day. Banana is standing by for breakfast at 9am lol
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    I def, need some encouragement today:cry::cry:
    I am up a pound, I now it's not alot, but I have worked out crazy this week. Even on Monday when I didn't feel like it I still walked the mall and ran the stairs at my lunch. and ran 3 miles that night at home... Why won't this weight come off????????:cry:
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am up a pound, I now it's not alot, but I have worked out crazy this week. Even on Monday when I didn't feel like it I still walked the mall and ran the stairs at my lunch. and ran 3 miles that night at home... Why won't this weight come off????????:cry:

Sorry you're feeling down. Are you getting in enough water? And don't forget that working out can build muscle mass, so you may not see a difference on the scale, but I bet if you measured, you would see a bit of a difference in inches. You can log your measurements on this site, too.

Anytime you get hungry, down some water. Alot of people mistake thirst for hunger and end up overeating.

How long have you been doing the same workout routine? Maybe you need to change it up a bit to give your body a little bit of a shock to jump start it again.

You will overcome this! The weight will start coming back off!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone that's joined the thread! It's great to know you have support behind you, isn't it?

Yesterday was a sluggish day for me. I felt bad, had 0 energy, and generally just didn't want to move! I made myself (with the support of my hubby) go to my water aerobics class last night, and had fun. Hubs cooked me a nice chicken and cheese dinner.

Today, I woke up sluggishly, but am already feeling better than I did yesterday. I can tell I've got a bit more energy today. I don't know if I was out of it yesterday because of the weight training I did on Monday or what, but today feels like it's going to be a good day!

and I'm working on my #1 bottle of water for the day. Banana is standing by for breakfast at 9am lol

yay, that is awesome and you are doing so great.:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options

are you making sure you are not going over on your sodium? this will cause water retention, and thus cause you not to lose weight. This site recommends 2500 mg of sodium per day. You will get there, just keep at it. How many calories are you eating a day?
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    :heart: I managed to get out of bed at 7 am today. I walked 3 miles and now I'm finishing my first 16.9 oz of water for the day. I have my menu for the day planned and so far so good. Homeschooling will start at 9 am and I go to work from 12pm-8pm today. Have a great day everyone ! Cindy :heart:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    :heart: I managed to get out of bed at 7 am today. I walked 3 miles and now I'm finishing my first 16.9 oz of water for the day. I have my menu for the day planned and so far so good. Homeschooling will start at 9 am and I go to work from 12pm-8pm today. Have a great day everyone ! Cindy :heart:

Yay, way to go Cindy!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Cindy is always motivated lol I wish I had her motivation :flowerforyou: Good job Cindy:smile:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.. :embarassed: This month has been hit or miss though. I am resolving to get back on track though. The good news is I didn't gain any weight during all of this so I am not freaking out over that. I plan to walk 2 more miles after I get home from work tonight. 1 more bottle of water down for me. I plan to drink a gallon of h2o today. Have a great day everyone !!! Cindy :heart:
  • ourgang
    Options

are you making sure you are not going over on your sodium? this will cause water retention, and thus cause you not to lose weight. This site recommends 2500 mg of sodium per day. You will get there, just keep at it. How many calories are you eating a day?

You know I don't know if I am staying under sodium, I will look at that though thanks. I am eating over 1200... less than 1500 depending on my exercise for the day....
  • ourgang
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!! I just added Sodium to my food tracker and let me say that I am WAY!!!!!!!! over everyday:cry::cry:
    Ok new goal is to reduce my sodium drastically!!!!
    Thanks for the tip, I really only pay close attention to the calories and Fiber intake....
    Shedding pounds this week, Wish me luck:happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!! I just added Sodium to my food tracker and let me say that I am WAY!!!!!!!! over everyday:cry::cry:
    Ok new goal is to reduce my sodium drastically!!!!
    Thanks for the tip, I really only pay close attention to the calories and Fiber intake....
    Shedding pounds this week, Wish me luck:happy:

I was always way over on sodium and someone asked me about it and I looked and I was always way over, so I started watching it and the weight started coming off.
  • party0f5
    Options
    Hi everyone..I hope it is okay if I join in as well..I have lost 40 lbs on my own and want to lose another 30...it seems I am at a standstill...the scale has definitely not been my friend for the last few months!!urgh!!Definitely need a little motivation!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Hi everyone..I hope it is okay if I join in as well..I have lost 40 lbs on my own and want to lose another 30...it seems I am at a standstill...the scale has definitely not been my friend for the last few months!!urgh!!Definitely need a little motivation!!

yes it is okay for you to join too, this is an open group. Welcome to the group. :flowerforyou:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    wow, maybe I should start watching my sodium too. I'm having trouble getting rid of this weight.

I drank all my water today, stayed within my cals and even went for a walk. I think today was a good day :smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Oh god yes, I'm struggling with staying motivated. This happens to me every autumn when I'm trying to get healthy- I do great all summer, then fall hits, and I'm done. I'm really, really, really trying to not let that happen this time around.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Oh god yes, I'm struggling with staying motivated. This happens to me every autumn when I'm trying to get healthy- I do great all summer, then fall hits, and I'm done. I'm really, really, really trying to not let that happen this time around.

welcome!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    well, I didn't get in as much water as I did yesterday but today turned out to be a good day, I had a little too much calories but that is okay, right back to it tomorrow.
  • soupandsandwich
    soupandsandwich Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would also like to be a part of this group. There are so many posts that I relate to.
    I love to eat a lot of food. I like to see a full plate, and I like to take big bites.
    I do fairly well at getting in some exercise, but I can't kill myself. I can't workout for hours. I do miss a day here and there. I won't run or jog. It hurts my feet and knees. I don't have any issues with them, and don't want any, and I think I will have problems with them, if I try to run or jog.
    I am fortunate to work at our local YMCA, and get a free membership. I do use it.
    I don't like weight machines. They feel awkward to me. So I use dumb bells.
    I also have several DVD's. I don't know why I continue to buy them. I do them for awhile, and then get sick of them.
    I have a Wii Fit and Wii Active game. Both fun, but like everything, you get tired of it.
    So I try and mix it up.
    But I will not start something that I know I can't keep up for the rest of my life. 1/2 - 1 hour 4 - 5 days a week is enough, isn't it?
    When I workout, I sweat like crazy. I get my heart rate up, so I think I'm working out hard enough.

Diet -- my downfall.
    How do you get yourself to listen to yourself? Does this make sense to anyone? I know what I should eat. I know what I should not eat. And yet I tell myself -- 'don't eat that'-- as my hand is reaching for the donut, or candy, or whatever it happens to be.
    I am so weak when it comes to this. How do I make myself stronger? How do I discipline myself?

Well, after I've spilled my guts, I hope I am still welcome.
  • etey7
    etey7 Posts: 44
    Options
    newattitude2009: Of course you're still welcome and yes, you do make sense with your diet problems. We all have problems with regards to eating unhealthy choices while saying to ourselves 'don't eat that' and yet we eat it. Binge days happens. But I think we shouldn't allow these days to overcome us and make us lose the motivation to lose weight and be healthy. :wink:

Another thing is to never deprive yourself. If you want to have something unhealthy, have it in moderation. Deprivation grew a monster inside of me that comes out during these binge days. That monster just wanted to devour everything! it doesn't stop even if I'm already full and I was disgusted with myself after for letting it happen. :grumble: don't let the monster grow! :noway:

BrendaLee: I know how you feel! Mine happens during Christmas season (part of our culture to celebrate it for a looooooonnngg time) wherein a lot of people give food as gifts (definitely not the healthy ones!) and throw parties here and there! That's the time I slip up and let myself fall into my old habits.... just like last year..... :grumble: But this year will NOT be the same for you or for me or for anyone else here, right?! :wink: :wink: :wink:

My problem now is that I'm losing motivation to exercise... really slacking off big time! I used to love working out, but now???!! laziness have won me over these past few weeks. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

sorry it's so long... :laugh: