Staying Motivated day to day- Prt 1......

Options

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I would also like to be a part of this group. There are so many posts that I relate to.
    I love to eat a lot of food. I like to see a full plate, and I like to take big bites.
    I do fairly well at getting in some exercise, but I can't kill myself. I can't workout for hours. I do miss a day here and there. I won't run or jog. It hurts my feet and knees. I don't have any issues with them, and don't want any, and I think I will have problems with them, if I try to run or jog.
    I am fortunate to work at our local YMCA, and get a free membership. I do use it.
    I don't like weight machines. They feel awkward to me. So I use dumb bells.
    I also have several DVD's. I don't know why I continue to buy them. I do them for awhile, and then get sick of them.
    I have a Wii Fit and Wii Active game. Both fun, but like everything, you get tired of it.
    So I try and mix it up.
    But I will not start something that I know I can't keep up for the rest of my life. 1/2 - 1 hour 4 - 5 days a week is enough, isn't it?
    When I workout, I sweat like crazy. I get my heart rate up, so I think I'm working out hard enough.

Diet -- my downfall.
    How do you get yourself to listen to yourself? Does this make sense to anyone? I know what I should eat. I know what I should not eat. And yet I tell myself -- 'don't eat that'-- as my hand is reaching for the donut, or candy, or whatever it happens to be.
    I am so weak when it comes to this. How do I make myself stronger? How do I discipline myself?

Well, after I've spilled my guts, I hope I am still welcome.

Hi, and welcome to the group, I find that if I don't have those things in my house I don't eat them. My hubby does a pretty good job keeping things like chips, donuts, candy, etc. out of the house. He does not need to lose weight, but he respects me and my lifestyle change enough not to bring them in the house. If he does happen to bring those things in here he will put them in a place I don't know where they are. Even if I know where they are I ask myself do I want to blow all the hard work that I have accomplished on this, to me it just isn't worth it.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    newattitude2009: Of course you're still welcome and yes, you do make sense with your diet problems. We all have problems with regards to eating unhealthy choices while saying to ourselves 'don't eat that' and yet we eat it. Binge days happens. But I think we shouldn't allow these days to overcome us and make us lose the motivation to lose weight and be healthy. :wink:

Another thing is to never deprive yourself. If you want to have something unhealthy, have it in moderation. Deprivation grew a monster inside of me that comes out during these binge days. That monster just wanted to devour everything! it doesn't stop even if I'm already full and I was disgusted with myself after for letting it happen. :grumble: don't let the monster grow! :noway:

BrendaLee: I know how you feel! Mine happens during Christmas season (part of our culture to celebrate it for a looooooonnngg time) wherein a lot of people give food as gifts (definitely not the healthy ones!) and throw parties here and there! That's the time I slip up and let myself fall into my old habits.... just like last year..... :grumble: But this year will NOT be the same for you or for me or for anyone else here, right?! :wink: :wink: :wink:

My problem now is that I'm losing motivation to exercise... really slacking off big time! I used to love working out, but now???!! laziness have won me over these past few weeks. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

sorry it's so long... :laugh:

welcome :flowerforyou:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I like the idea of this thread. A little dose of motivation each day. :wink:

I have lost 41 pounds, but when I gain one or two... it feels like the end of the world and my motivation goes out the door. I also find myself sneaking snacks here and there. A handful of chips today, a cookie tomorrow ... if I don't track it, it doesn't count, right? WRONG! :sick: Unfortunately, it typically shows up on the scales.

It's crazy how I can have one wonderful, wonderful week where I'm not hungry, I'm not craving anything ... then the next week I want to shovel everything into my mouth that I can find. And, I don't care. :indifferent: So far, the only factor I've found is stress level... :frown:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Yay!! I like the idea of this thread. A little dose of motivation each day. :wink:

I have lost 41 pounds, but when I gain one or two... it feels like the end of the world and my motivation goes out the door. I also find myself sneaking snacks here and there. A handful of chips today, a cookie tomorrow ... if I don't track it, it doesn't count, right? WRONG! :sick: Unfortunately, it typically shows up on the scales.

It's crazy how I can have one wonderful, wonderful week where I'm not hungry, I'm not craving anything ... then the next week I want to shovel everything into my mouth that I can find. And, I don't care. :indifferent: So far, the only factor I've found is stress level... :frown:

welcome to the group, I hope you like it. :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I went to pay bills today and I went right past mcdonalds, I love mcdonalds but I didn't go in it, I came home and am getting my lunch ready as I type this!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Great job on the mcdonalds Mom !!!!! I'm not having the best day so far. I got up late and that screws up our homeschool scedule. I clean the park bathrooms from 1-3 pm today and I have tons of laundry to do and I still have to walk my miles and on and on... :sad: I 'm having a hard time managing my days. There is just NOT enough time to do everything I have to do. I hate, hate ,hate feeling unorganized and rushed !!!! Ok enough belly aching- ttfn- Cindy :heart:
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    So today is a new day,,, And I am feeling great!!!!
    Went for a run last night, spent some time with my Jimmy, and enjoyed time with my God!!!!

went over my caloric intake with my chiropractor and decided that reducing sodium will help, but I am eating Way too much Fruit... Never thought fruit would be my down fall. Guess the sugar in take is making my insulin roller coaster too much making my body go into survival mode.

Keep up the hard work EVERYONE, WE will get there!!!!!!!!!!
  • soupandsandwich
    soupandsandwich Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I"m doing well, so far today.
    I worked out, and ate a reasonable, delicious lunch. So now I am completely satisfied.
    It was probably too many calories, but if I had eaten less, or eaten something less caloric, then I would have felt deprived, and would be fighting the urge to snack all day long.
    I'm not very good about eating the '6 small meals'. I feel like I never eat a real meal. So I think for me, it's better if I eat 3 bigger meals, and limit the snacks.
    I do well at not snacking at night, so I really only need 1 snack in the afternoon.
    I love this thread. We all need to stay focused, and stay strong. We can do this!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Can I join you? Right now I'm just going through the motions. I exercise an appropriate amount and I eat within my limits most 95% of the time but my heart just isn't in it anymore. And I want cupcakes:sad: . I did make a cupcake plan. I've been thinking about thanksgiving desserts.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Can I join you? Right now I'm just going through the motions. I exercise an appropriate amount and I eat within my limits most 95% of the time but my heart just isn't in it anymore. And I want cupcakes:sad: . I did make a cupcake plan. I've been thinking about thanksgiving desserts.

yes, welcome Ivy:flowerforyou:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Mom - congrats on avoiding McDonald's! It's BK for me ... I miss it sometimes. :laugh: But then I think of the grease everything (almost) is fried in and it kinda makes me go... ew. :sick:

ivy - there are alternatives to cupcakes!! Try mixing a box of yellow cake mix with one can of Diet Sunkist, baking as directed and making as many cupcakes as you can make and topping them with Cool Whip Free!! It is SO delicious. Still have to watch your portions but ... wow. Much better than any other cupcake I've ever had! You can also make a cake this way, but portion control is easier with the cupcakes. :wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Mom - congrats on avoiding McDonald's! It's BK for me ... I miss it sometimes. :laugh: But then I think of the grease everything (almost) is fried in and it kinda makes me go... ew. :sick:

ivy - there are alternatives to cupcakes!! Try mixing a box of yellow cake mix with one can of Diet Sunkist, baking as directed and making as many cupcakes as you can make and topping them with Cool Whip Free!! It is SO delicious. Still have to watch your portions but ... wow. Much better than any other cupcake I've ever had! You can also make a cake this way, but portion control is easier with the cupcakes. :wink:

thanks and I might have to try those cupcakes made like that too, I did have turkey burgers for supper so I did get a burger just not with all the fat that mcdonalds has:flowerforyou:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing very well on water today either. I just got done with work and I have about 500 some cals left for the day. I really should go for a run lol I NEED MOTIVATION lol
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    just got home from walking with my hubby and kids, have drank 64 oz. of water today, getting ready to go and drink some more. I wasn't going to do any exercise today because of my back hurting but I don't want to get out of my routine. :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on turning down McDonalds fir the turkey burger!

I did have the cupcakes (I like the buttercream icing I hate the cool whip icing). but I got the small ones so it's not so bad but I'm going to walk /run the rest of them off. I guess I need to figure out what's behind the cupcake craving!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Congratulations on turning down McDonalds fir the turkey burger!

I did have the cupcakes (I like the buttercream icing I hate the cool whip icing). but I got the small ones so it's not so bad but I'm going to walk /run the rest of them off. I guess I need to figure out what's behind the cupcake craving!

thanks, it doesn't hurt once in awhile to have a treat.
  • etey7
    etey7 Posts: 44
    Options

whenever i pass by Mcdonald's or BK, there's always this greasy, oily smell that used to entice me back then.. :laugh: But now, whenever I think of the oil being reused and how it has blackened with repetitive frying or how the fries greased the carton that comes with it, you're right on the money! it makes me sick.. :sick:

Plus, back here, fast food joints have this disposal area like at the back of their building wherein they put all leftovers and trash in there...guess what, it smells kinda like the burger they serve... imagining it together makes my burger craving go away! imagine eating trash! LOL :noway: :sick: :sick:
  • etey7
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!! I just added Sodium to my food tracker and let me say that I am WAY!!!!!!!! over everyday:cry::cry:
    Ok new goal is to reduce my sodium drastically!!!!
    Thanks for the tip, I really only pay close attention to the calories and Fiber intake....
    Shedding pounds this week, Wish me luck:happy:

You can do it! You'll find that when you reduce your sodium intake, your taste kind of adapts to it and your taste buds can now detect subtle flavors of the food that you previously can't because the saltiness kind of masks the food's true flavors.. I know because now when i cook for my family, they complain that it's bland but my taste buds say it's not! :huh: or maybe I'm just bad at cooking LOL :laugh: Nah, i cook for them even before I started watching my sodium intake and they enjoy my cooking back then.. but now, maybe not :laugh:
  • etey7
    Options
    Feeling good today! I just finished day2 of the 30 day shred and stayed within my calorie limit and i'm not craving anything. I'm now trying to up my protein intake these past couple of days because I just found out that it's effective in reducing my cravings and it makes me feel less hungry.:bigsmile:

I hope everyone's doing great!!!! Congratulations to us for our accomplishments this day!!!! :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Good Morning everyone. Well, I am up that is about all I can say. My back is killing me this morning, so unless it eases off I will be taking it easy today. I am still going to eat great and get in my water. :flowerforyou: