40's and FABULOUS!

Options
Ok, I see all the threads for hott guys and girls in their 20's or for people in their 30's, what about those of us in our 40's? I for one am 41 but do not feel or act like it! Most people have a hard time believing I'm in my 40's with a son that is 15! I am here to lose weight, get healthy and am always looking for motivation and inspiration and would love to see some more mfp members in there 40's!!

Replies

• tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Haha, you nailed it! When I saw that you posted this topic, I was surprised! I never would have guessed you were 40!
  • stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Options
    LOL...thanks! I turned 41 in June!
  • Tina180130
    Tina180130 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 next April 2013. I love to dance and have as much fun as possible. I'm strong with great stamina.......overall just glad to be alive & kickin *kitten*. Stpetegirl, you look way younger than 40, keep doing what your doing:))
  • JakeRN45
    JakeRN45 Posts: 19
    Options
    Just turned 45 in June. Losing weight is hard work but worth the effort, I just wish the weight would come off like it did when I was 25....much easier.
    :happy:
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I turned 43 last month.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
  • alex_dale
    alex_dale Posts: 46
    Options
    42 here :)
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and will be 45 in November! I'm in the best shape of my life and can out work my 17 year old son in any P90X workout!! And he's a distance runner!! Love that I'm not alone out there.
  • stpetegirl
    Options
    @tina....thanks and you do not look like your anywhere close to turning 40!
    @dfiumano you look great for 43!
    @jakern I am right there with you! In my 20's I could drop a dress size in less than a week! It's such a struggle in my 40's, but so worth it!!
  • jon40084
    jon40084 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 41
  • mhoward685
    mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I don't know what 40's are supposed to look like. I am 44 and want to feel better and have more energy so cleaning up my diet and exercising. It seems like diet and exercise are the first line of defense against most medical problems.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    @tina....thanks and you do not look like your anywhere close to turning 40!
    @dfiumano you look great for 43!
    @jakern I am right there with you! In my 20's I could drop a dress size in less than a week! It's such a struggle in my 40's, but so worth it!!

Thank You!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I am 47 and people are shocked when they find out. When I have my grandsons out people look shocked when they call me Nana :happy:

My goal is to be a healthier and fit before I turn 48.
  • stpetegirl
    Options
    I'm 44 and will be 45 in November! I'm in the best shape of my life and can out work my 17 year old son in any P90X workout!! And he's a distance runner!! Love that I'm not alone out there.

That is my goal by the time I turn 43! I've got 23 months to get there!!
  • LindaZ5
    LindaZ5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi stpetegirl!
    I am 45, will be 46 in August. It is nice to talk with 40 something people! It is harder to lose now. Like you I don't act my age! My kids are always reminding me of that!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and people always express shock over that fact. They always think I'm younger. So far, my 40s have been fabulous!!
  • dizzydi1968
    dizzydi1968 Posts: 564
    Options
    44 this month, in the best shape I've ever been. It's just a number:smile:
  • stpetegirl
    Options
    I know what you mean! I am 47 and people are shocked when they find out. When I have my grandsons out people look shocked when they call me Nana :happy:

My goal is to be a healthier and fit before I turn 48.

Haha! Thats awesome! I figure if I don't get this under control now, once I am in my 50's I'll really regret it!
  • stpetegirl
    Options
    @ linda mine too! my 15 year old hates when I crank the music in the car! says its embarassing that his mom listens to emenim! of course once no one is around he doesn't seem to mind it!