40's and FABULOUS!

Replies

• Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    I'm 49, with a month and a half till I reach my *cough milestone cough* birthday :D But I've decided that I'm going out of my 40's with a bang! I've got the limo booked already and it's going to be girls' night out! :bigsmile:
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Turning 40 August 12! :flowerforyou:

I started this in Feb. as a birthday present to myself...and I've lost over 70 lbs! My 40's are going to be amazing and I am looking forward to every single year!

You all look gorgeous...love this site!
  • rwwerner
    rwwerner Posts: 42 Member
    I'm afraid I entered the club this year, and I'm loving it!!!
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Here's to the 40s! Got to love us!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    45 soon to be 46 and never felt nor looked better in my life. You fab 40 peep feel free to add me. We can still do the damn thang and have experience and wisdom as well now. Great combination.

I still go harder than most 20-somethings in EVERYTHING and have yet to slow down. Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
  • bdubois63
    bdubois63 Posts: 87 Member
    Well beauty...I am 48, I have a 27,21 and 15 yr old.....I do not act, look, or think I am 48....I have been married 25 yrs....people think my 27 yr old and I are sisters...it cracks me up! I will be your buddy!
  • nesi0606
    nesi0606 Posts: 31 Member
    I too only celebrate the anniversary of my 29th birthday......but since my 12 year old learned how to count many years ago she reminds me of how old I am often (46)!! But as a mother of 4.......my 40's have been some of the best years of my life!!! I am old enough to know better.......but young enough to do it anyway!!! Glad to see I am not the only one that things age is just a number!!
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    I'm clinging to my forties for all they're worth! I'll be 50 in March 2013! What better time to get in shape, eh?
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    The 80's ruled! Even the stuff that sucked was epic. :happy:
    [/quote]

Totally agree! I had so much fun in the 80's. I also gravitate to the 80's music too. :smile:
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member

I started this in Feb. as a birthday present to myself...and I've lost over 70 lbs! My 40's are going to be amazing and I am looking forward to every single year!

70 pounds since February? That is awesome!
  • supatim
    supatim Posts: 239 Member
    42 here. Strong as an ox too. Pssh to the young bucks.
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236

70 pounds since February? That is awesome!

Thank you! Who knew that counting calories and getting up off of my rear worked so well!?! :laugh:
  • jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    40 in exactly 12 days whoo hooo :drinker:
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    I'm awesome. Don't panic folks, awesome sometimes happens.
  • sjiphone
    sjiphone Posts: 67 Member
    Turning 49 in a couple of months. The big F-i-v-e O-h-h is fast approaching.
  • EyeAmXiao
    EyeAmXiao Posts: 2
    hotties
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    I love being in my 40's!! I was 44 last week , but most guess me to be 34-36. the 40's are awesome!
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Turning 49 in a couple of months. The big F-i-v-e O-h-h is fast approaching.

and you look GOOOOOOD!!!
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Feel like I'm 20, look like I'm 60, but really 43 here...and finally moving on to the things I should have done as a kid, like that mud run at the Rose Bowl in Oct! Thanks to MFP, I'm getting more fit than I've been in many, many years

Yep, me too. I'm 47, feel better than I have EVER in my adult life, and am having way more fun than I did in my 20s or 30s.
  • connie21605
    connie21605 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi there, recently joined and 48 next week. Need to lose 7lb as a special event is coming up and bought a lovely gown and just want to look nice. Would appreciate any tips, for staying on track and any low fat recipes would be great. Thank you