Secret motivation!

Options

Replies

• Tapemymouthshutplease
    Options
    Ok, my secret motivation is really pathetic actually. I have this overwhelming fear of getting old and not being able to walk. I want to be strong so I can take care of myself when I am old. I believe my kids would probably roll my wheelchair into traffic when I am like 80. So I have to be tough so I can survive. Really sad and kind of twisted I guess.

Hey... that's not pathetic at all! I'm sorry you feel like that about your kids, I would hope they wouldn't do that :/ but a big part of my motivation to stay healthy and exercise and eat well is looking at my grandparents. They are both around 90 years old and still live in their own house, walk on their own, etc... I'm so amazed by them. I want to be like that when I'm their age.

I have an aunt that is in her 80's and she is healthy trim and still pretty. She takes care of her husband and she is such an inspiration, I want to be like her when I get to be that age. Depending on other people for my daily needs terrifies me. I don't think my kids would actually roll me out into traffic in a wheelchair, maybe just a steep hill for laughs. Lol : )
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This may sound morbid to some people, but it *definitely* motivates me. I told my oncologist (I am a breast cancer survivor) that his job is to keep me alive until I die of something else. (Fortunately he has a good sense of humor LOL) So hopefully by eating healthy and exercising I am keeping the "something elses" away, and making his job harder! :-)

I don't think thats morbid. I think thats fantastic.
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I got two!! The number one thing is so when I have a boyfriend he can pick me up and spin me around! Number two is so I can one day say "look at me now!" to all the people who didn't think I could do it!

I want a guy to pick me up too. Well he tries. But he can't carry me too far lol. I wish he could just throw me over his shoulder but I can tell it's a bit of a struggle :ohwell:

I wanna be thrown over a mans shoulder, carried up a flight of stairs and made love to while he hold me up with my legs around his waist.... I know this was a little much but its my fantasy, and when I am fit and thin i will do this!
  • TXPaul
    TXPaul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm preparing for the zombie apocolipse!!

Rule #1 - Cardio
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    So I can rub it in everyone's (who's ever put me down) face! :D Seriously..I wasn't good enough? I want to be able to say "look what ya missed out and an amazing man got instead!" and I want to look AMAZING in a wedding dress and be able to be "carried across the threshold". :)
    And..my son's only 2, but I want to be the "hot mom" lmao.
  • sierra_78
    sierra_78 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm headed to Germany and haven't seen most of these people in 4 years. I want to look as good as I did last time, and have everyone think "damn!!". Plus I want to be "the hot one" in the picture with all my friends not the one with the extra pudge showing in her tight dress.
  • Gulgamesh
    Gulgamesh Posts: 4
    Options
    Health reasons are one ... getting close to 50 and I have really not worked out or taken care of myself since my daughter was born 22 years ago. I want to be around to watch her kids torture her.

The other reason is my motorcycle riding gear is in need of replacing .. getting old and threadbare. The stuff I like doesn't really fit me and it will look a hell of a lot better on a man of 200 pounds instead of 290 pounds. One day I pulled out my old road racing leathers from before I met my wife and told her I am going to fit in them again ... when she scoffed and said, that will never happen (and gave that swoony look as she looked at one of my old racing pictures on the wall), that made a third reason. I plan to meet her for lunch one day and ride up wearing them. The new riding gear I will get in about 15 more pounds - I may have to do that again in another 30 or 40 pounds ... the racing leathers are about 65 pounds away.
  • almart007
    almart007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I got two!! The number one thing is so when I have a boyfriend he can pick me up and spin me around! Number two is so I can one day say "look at me now!" to all the people who didn't think I could do it!

I want a guy to pick me up too. Well he tries. But he can't carry me too far lol. I wish he could just throw me over his shoulder but I can tell it's a bit of a struggle :ohwell:

I wanna be thrown over a mans shoulder, carried up a flight of stairs and made love to while he hold me up with my legs around his waist.... I know this was a little much but its my fantasy, and when I am fit and thin i will do this!
    [/quote

Wow this is getting steamy my pink cow may learn to much.
  • almart007
    almart007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ok, my secret motivation is really pathetic actually. I have this overwhelming fear of getting old and not being able to walk. I want to be strong so I can take care of myself when I am old. I believe my kids would probably roll my wheelchair into traffic when I am like 80. So I have to be tough so I can survive. Really sad and kind of twisted I guess.

It's not really pathetic the more we stress our joints the more damage we do to them.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options

2. So I can ride roller coasters again without worrying about whether or not I'll fit in the restraints.

This is one of the things that started my weight loss journey. Last year, my husband and I were huge roller coaster fanatics, and got season passes to Busch Gardens. All summer he had to push the harnesses down as hard as he could to fit me in them. One day we got on the ride and he pushed and pushed and the safety line didn't show. It was too late to get up and get off though- I was locked in. The attendant came by and gave the bar a good shove, and then politely told me that it wasn't safe for me to ride. I had to get off the ride, in front of everyone, completely embarrassed. I started crying. My husband insisted that he get off with me, but I told him to ride anyway. I will never forget the shame I brought onto both of us. I haven't had any trouble this year, even on that ride, but I don't want to rely on him to be there to push the bars down any more.

This nearly brought me to TEARS, because I've had the exact same thing happen to me, except it was in front of my friends. We went to Busch Gardens, Tampa, and had plans to spend the entire day there. The first ride we tried to get one was Montu and I couldn't get the safety harness on. I had to get up and get off the ride in front of EVERYONE. My friends offered to get off too but I wanted to be alone so I could just cry. That was one of the worst days of my LIFE and I haven't been on a roller coaster since.

It will be one of the first things I do as I start to trim down!
  • torisaurosrex
    Options
    To Be shredded like zyzz brah

rip zyzz :(
  • Gladiator42
    Options
    Easy, I would say it's all the jokes and comments that come out of peoples mouths. I make fun of myself, out of insecurity, but it's not okay for others to join in on the "fun". One time at a family get together, my wife's grandfather had the gall to say, "I was watching you play basketball and you sure can run for a fat guy." It took all I had, not to mop the floor with him. That comment will always stick with me, and will always be motivating to me.
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I told my brother months ago that I am training to be the most in shape person in the entire world. Now I know this is completely unrealistic but it provides endless motivation :smile:
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options

^^THIS!! LOL. I totally want that!!
  • Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My secret reason and no-one knows this...but my closest friends would not be surprised. I am finally ready to get my body back so that people will stop asking me if my mom is my sister. She is in great shape and has taken good care of her skin so there is a very good chance that I will age gracefully if I can get my weight off.
  • taralc1
    taralc1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    1. I dont want to grow old alone, since I'm single, in my 40's and no children

2. To make my ex eat his words (you're not committed to loosing weight)
  • JLWesterlund
    JLWesterlund Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    To wear a pair of sexy red high heels and making my hubby rock hard on the dance floor.
  • shellyscott0804
    shellyscott0804 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have 3 crazy secret motivations I would probably never admit to anyone in real life.
    1) I want to be able to ride a roller coaster & such again. (Seems to be a popular one!)
    2) I want to be in a relationship that doesn't require the guy to say "I don't care if you're a big girl" or "I like big girls. No really I do."
    3) And this is the craziest...but I want to live long enough to see my great grandchildren. No, I don't even have grandchildren yet but my mother's first great grandchild is due in January & I can't imagine living long enough to see myself a great grandmother in the body I have now.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    ok here goes "secret motivation #1" to buy matching bra and panties at Victoria secret instead of wearing the granny panties.
    "secret motivation #2" to not have to do any "modifiers" when I workout!
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Oh..and no one knows this but my fiance since he's the only one that heard..but we had a bouncy house at my son's birthday last october and when I was getting in my 10 y/o brother said "Umm..Mariah..aren't you a little too big to be getting in here?!" I just wanted to cry! All the guys and everything had been in there and he never said anything..It tore me apart but I did my best not to let it show because I wasn't about to ruin my little guys day.
    I don't ever want to be told I'm too big for anything ever again.