Secret motivation!

Options

Replies

• kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options

2) I want to be in a relationship that doesn't require the guy to say "I don't care if you're a big girl" or "I like big girls. No really I do."

My husband is super sweet, and I appreciate his "white lying", but I know he doesn't want me to look like I do now. He is 5'4", 156, and strong as an ox. You can see his veins in his arms (OMG! :love:) He doesn't need me to be 227lbs and all jello. He'd never said it, but it's completely true.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options

2. So I can ride roller coasters again without worrying about whether or not I'll fit in the restraints.

This is one of the things that started my weight loss journey. Last year, my husband and I were huge roller coaster fanatics, and got season passes to Busch Gardens. All summer he had to push the harnesses down as hard as he could to fit me in them. One day we got on the ride and he pushed and pushed and the safety line didn't show. It was too late to get up and get off though- I was locked in. The attendant came by and gave the bar a good shove, and then politely told me that it wasn't safe for me to ride. I had to get off the ride, in front of everyone, completely embarrassed. I started crying. My husband insisted that he get off with me, but I told him to ride anyway. I will never forget the shame I brought onto both of us. I haven't had any trouble this year, even on that ride, but I don't want to rely on him to be there to push the bars down any more.

This nearly brought me to TEARS, because I've had the exact same thing happen to me, except it was in front of my friends. We went to Busch Gardens, Tampa, and had plans to spend the entire day there. The first ride we tried to get one was Montu and I couldn't get the safety harness on. I had to get up and get off the ride in front of EVERYONE. My friends offered to get off too but I wanted to be alone so I could just cry. That was one of the worst days of my LIFE and I haven't been on a roller coaster since.

It will be one of the first things I do as I start to trim down!

Actually, you brought me to tears because I honestly didn't think this has happened to anyone but me. I was mortified. I didn't even want to go back. And yes, I cried while he was riding and everyone was staring at me and whispering.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My fun secret motivation is to wear a sexy costume this halloween, and to not be the fat sister-- but to be the younger hot sister.

My serious secret motivation is my mother who has pretty much become disabled due to a stroke, diabetes and high blood pressure. When my doc put me on blood pressure meds and diabetic meds, I just had to do something. I want to be around for my son who will be 2 in aug. I want to see him graduate high school, go to prom, get married, and spoil grand kids.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    LOL. If its secret then how can one post without revealing the secret?????
  • naasirab
    naasirab Posts: 43
    Options
    My secret motivation and an ongoing joke between me and several friends is to get fit so we can run on the beach in thong bikini's lol.. smh..every time I think about it, I see the 3 of us running in slow motion like were in Baywatch or something.
  • xonashwaox
    xonashwaox Posts: 108
    Options
    There is this guy at my job and he is just an amazing man on the inside and doubley gorgeous on the outside....although he is a hottie he is very humble about it which makes him even MORE attractive...he is very happily married to a chubby chick which just warmed my heart lol so my EXTRA motivation to lose weight is being able to look fit in front of him at work and maybe one day to be invited to jog with him before work like he does every morning at 6am!! Lol!! PLUS another motivation is so I can throw it back into the face of my my ex lol horrible right!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wink:
  • BreeLopez94
    Options
    I don't tell loved ones (other than hubby) that I am trying to lose weight. Everytime I have I get the eye roll or that "look" like yeah right here we go again. It gives me total motivation to push harder for all the critics.

^^I love this!
  • rainwalkerSK
    Options
    #1 - I want to climb Mt Everest
    #2 - I want to be in good enough shape that when I tell people that I want to climb Mt Everest, they don't double over laughing
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    losing the weight to motivate my bf to lose weight...he used to be attractive before he packed on the pounds. he still has a fantastic personality though.

also i want to wear a very sexy halloween costume.
  • Vickai
    Vickai Posts: 1
    Options
    when i go shopping i want to ask for medium-sized clothes!
  • abeautifulmess
    abeautifulmess Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I want to go parties and have guys all over me... and then turn them all down. Aspiring man-eater? Quite possibly :devil:
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I would like the body of a greek god and be able to carry my wife up the stairs over my shoulder and #### the #### out of her for a whole weekend :heart:
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My motivation? IMPLANTS!!! I have swore that I will not get them til I reach my goal!! I want to be that smoking hot redhead that turns heads!! And I will oneday!! LOL
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I want to shop for clothes in a size that doesn't have any kind of X in it!
  • Julaya
    Julaya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do it for yourself first. If you are happy with you then others will sense your joy as well. Attitudes will change ..... It is great, but takes consistent effort.
    Don't give up or get discouraged.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Wait, if I told... then it wouldn't be a secret now would it?
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I used to want to keep my weight loss secretive; but then people at work started noticing. I don't see it yet but that is helping. Actually one my secret motivation is my scale. MFP is helping me keep accountable too. I'm also going by 5 lb small goals without a set time frame.

Ok my motivation; is I desire to get my BMI to overweight level; and I'm 2 lbs away from that! I found that vitamin B12 has helped me considerably stay energized. Yesterday my husband joined me to walk a 5 k on our own. It brought us closer and the more we do together maybe it will help us both get out of our depression. I haven't been skinny since turning 21 and I'm tired of being unhappy and heavy.

My motivation is myself and to feel free from being locked in a fat suit. I love being driven to working out and sweating my *kitten* off. One month until school starts again and I need to have this drive in me thoughout my semester so maybe by Christmas I will be halfway to my goal. But like I said no time frame. It took me years to get this weight on and it will take me awhile to lose it all.

Feel free to add me as a friend; I am so motivated it isn't funny it's like crazy exciting.

Cathi

8291465.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • chaverland77
    chaverland77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've always thought that I was sexy and ok looking! I don't need for anyone to tell me that. But my 2 secret motivations are...

1) My mom just moved to Texas and I was shocked at how big she'd gotten! I refuse to turn into my mother! She has more health problems and her pill bag is full of more pills than my make up bag has make up! (And I have fettish about make up)

2) My first 20 pounds lost and I woke up husband up in the morning because I was feeling a little frisky....later that night after I got off work he told me that when he went to put his arms around me that morning he had to look twice because he said that " i knew you were loosing weight but "everything" on you feels so different!!!:devil: :smooched: :heart: :blushing: So now, my motivation is that when we're home alone I can feel confident and sexy running around the house in my birthday suit and seeing that he is looking and watching me!!!:devil:
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    No secrets here...doing it to avoid the obesity related diseases the rest of family suffers from, to maintain my energy and mobility, and to be the best role model for my children that I can be.
    I also wantto cut 45 minutes from my half-marathon time. (down to 3 hours)
  • becomingbeautifultoday
    becomingbeautifultoday Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't want my boyfriend to keep his hands off of me. At the moment it's like he's indifferent about my body and sex. I want him to go crazy when he sees me naked or undressing, not just continue to watch tv.