one year later and 81lbs lighter!! Thanks MFP

Options
curlysue06
curlysue06 Posts: 98 Member
*s/n: This is a short note. Once I reach my goal, I’ll write in more detail about my journey!

“The difference between try and triumph is that little umph”.

It took me 365 days to go from 250lb to 163lbs, from pant size 22-24 to 10-11, from shirt size xxl to size M. It took just 365 days of sweat, tears, motivation, faith and love to change my life for the better. Boy, I thought I would never make it!

“It’s supposed to take 21 days before doing something constantly becomes a habit. Just think: 21 days without binging can become a lifetime. 21 days of going to the gym will make you not even think twice about going anymore. 21 days of saying ‘no, thank you’ to sugary treats. All it takes it 21 days. Why not start now?” The very first words I read when I decided to change my life into a healthier and better one. I remember just sitting there & thinking, "Ok, Amanda. All you have to do is make it through the first month and it'll become a little easier." And here I am, 365 days later a whole new person.

I’ve been big all my life. Unhealthy all my life. It never bothered me because I carried myself with such high confidence that being overweight didn’t seem to be a problem. Until last year, when I reached my heaviest of 250lbs. I was drinking, eating out all of the time, not exercising, depressed etc. So on July 16th, 2011 when I was out of breath from just walking to check the mail I then realized ' ENOUGH'. I went to the mirror and stared at myself for a few mins and then I said, "I love you. For far too long, you have been hurting yourself. For far too long, you’ve been treating the one sure thing you have in this life (your body) like a waste basket. Again, I love you, but it’s time to be a better you."

And from that moment on I haven't looked back...

If you were ask what was easier, college or losing weight!? Id answer college. This indeed has been the hardest endeavor, both physically and emotionally, I’ve ever done. The physical being of me was expected to change. I knew I was going to lose weight and that my body was going to change for the better. What I did NOT expect was how my spiritual and emotional being would change. I’ve learned to listen to me more instead of all the static noise that surrounds me. I’ve learned to share what is bothering me more instead of oppressing it and then binge eating. I’ve learned to handle stress in a healthier manner rather fixating on food. I’ve learned that I have determination and control. On days that were really tough, I pushed through it and kept working out & eating right. Because of this, I found strength I never knew I had.

I was taught to love who i am and to always be strong and confident. And I believe I’ve always lived in such a way. However, this whole weight loss journey made me realize I wasn’t always strong and confident. Through this journey of mine, I’ve learned to truly be with confidence and strength. I’ve found my true voice. A voice that was deep within, locked up, and it has officially been found. I mean what a miraculous thing to have happen by just making the decision to live healthier.

“In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.”

One of the greatest thing to come out of this new lifestyle of mine is the appreciation and love of people… I am so thankful for the people I’ve met along the way. I honestly don’t think I would have made it this far if I didn’t have so many people standing by my side. Through the ramblings, the bad days and the successes you all have been there. A lot of people contacted me (whether it be: strangers who have heard of my journey, old high school friends or simply close friends & family) about how I have helped them to start their own healthy way of living. And though I’m happy that this journey of mine has been able to make an impact that I never thought was possible, the truth is, you all were the ones who motivated & changed my life. I’ll never be able to pay you back for all the love and support you’ve given me. I am more grateful than you’ll ever know…ever.

“Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.”

I have never been as high off of life as I currently am… This year everything changed for the good, starting with losing weight. My journey isn’t over. I still have roughly 30 lbs to lose and some more spiritual and emotional healing to do. But to be honest, once I reach my goal weight, I don’t think this journey will end there. That pleases me because, I never want to stop/lose the will to grow and evolve into a better version of me than I was the day before…

I’m looking forward to this coming year. Thank you everyone, for coming along for the ride And I hope you continue to ride beside me.

“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”

2hdd4l4.png

13z4ow.png

25sbjhh.png

Replies

• Tashymash
    Tashymash Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You have done AMAZINGLY well! People on here like you really inspire those who have only just started the race :) Damm right you should be pleased with yourself! Loved reading your story and can't wait to here more when you get to goal. By the way, what is your goal? And do you mind if i ask your height? x
  • Rambo313
    Rambo313 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic!
  • Girlwithnoname77
    Girlwithnoname77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and thank you so much for sharing! Well done :))))
  • curlysue06
    curlysue06 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    thanks so much. I remember starting out looking at all the success stories and thinking, "i hope i make it." and here i am!! I seriously wouldnt have made it this far without MFP. Thank you for taking the time to read my story! I am 5'2 and my goal is to be 135.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! You look beautiful!
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Great job!
  • SJScobie
    SJScobie Posts: 63
    Options
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh...you look fabulous! Thank you for sharing you're story!

You are always so supportive and motivational and you really inspire me!

Well done you look beautiful

Xx
  • jessifreehugs
    jessifreehugs Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! You have definitely inspired me to walk away from the break-room donuts this morning lol. You're beautiful and should be so proud of yourself. Heck, I'm proud for you! Great job :)
  • bex_86_
    bex_86_ Posts: 92
    Options
    You've done amazing and look fantastic :) well done!!
    Such an inspiration :)
  • Raemama
    Raemama Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love your story!
  • jinren
    jinren Posts: 7
    Options
    you look great! congrats
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    awe inspiring !
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    awe inspiring and very emotional. You have every right to be so very proud of youself!
  • peanutbutterz
    peanutbutterz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Beautifuly written and inspiring. Thank you for sharing your journey!!!
  • CupcakeKendra
    CupcakeKendra Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing your story!! You look so happy and healthy! :)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Awesome & Inspirational! You look good.
  • rukus1
    rukus1 Posts: 112
    Options
    Your story is so encouraging and I was surprise to see in your pictures how young you are. Thanks for sharing and for being an inspiration to the rest of us.
  • asirak87
    asirak87 Posts: 11
    Options
    My biggest thing is sweets, but your right 21 days to form a habit... I need to keep a countdown calender with me and try to use this method for not eating sweets. Good story btw :-)
  • Danhell85
    Danhell85 Posts: 2
    Options
    You look awesome! And I really enjoyed your story :happy:
  • Snoopy108
    Snoopy108 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You are sooo darn adorable...congratulations and thanks for all your support and inspiration.....:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!