one year later and 81lbs lighter!! Thanks MFP

Options

Replies

• Kellyrio
    Kellyrio Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Your post made me cry! I am so happy for you and I think you are a very smart girl to start this journey early in your life as opposed to waiting till you are in your 40's to try to change your life. Thank you for helping to inspire me today!
  • curlysue06
    curlysue06 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I wish MFP had some of the features as facebook such as liking comments and personally responding to each one. Thank you so much for the support and kind words. Thanks for taking the time to read my story! I PROMISE this is possible! you can do it. A year ago i thought id never be posting in the success forum but here i am. It wont be easy as. a matter of fact, losing weight is going to be the hardest thing youll have to do but you will be successful!

Create a healthy eating plan- remember youre doing this to be healthy NOT skinny. I say that because many believe you have to go on a crazy diet. NO. If you cook and eat healthier, youll drop the weight fast. **Once you have your goal weight in mind, calculate and figure out how many calories youre supposed to be eating if you were at that healthy weight... for instance: my goal is to be 135lb... since ive started ive been consuming 1580 calories (for the most part ive stucked pretty close to it!!) Ive lost weight and im not starving myself... Most importantly i get to enjoy food and not some crazy diet fad food.

Exercise- You must be active. i at least try to workout 3-5 days a week. It just depends on what i have going on... but on the days im not working out. Im still moving. I dont sit all day! So just get your body moving. Youll find how much your body loves to move!

keep in mind, losing weight is 70% eating right and 30 % working out.

there will be times you will goof up and have a bad day... but remember: it's just that, a bad day! Nothing more. So don't let that bad day ruin your overall progress. get up the next day and try again...

Lastly, remind yourself on a daily basis that youre amazing and deserve to be the best you can be... not what the world tells you or what your own little negative angel is telling you. You are worth so much to this world.

Keep going and keeping trying...
  • lilangel317
    lilangel317 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    “The difference between try and triumph is that little umph”.

Love this! Your story as absolutely motivating. Our stories are very parallel in that our height and goal weight are the same as well as some of the emotional and spiritual aspects of the weight loss process. Although I am only 20 pounds into that I need to lose, I have made great strides in developing new habits and kicking some bad ones. I look forward to my birthday to see how far I have come (this is my goal to have lost all but 10 pounds of what I need to lose which is March 2). Congratulations on your success and I look forward to being able to share my own success story.

Beautifully written by the way!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    WOW great job!!!!
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Well done. You look great!
  • Kerrylouu_
    Kerrylouu_ Posts: 35
    Options
    you look amazing! congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! You really look great :)
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring!! Amazing job!
  • debobrien1
    debobrien1 Posts: 95
    Options
    Excellent!! You are wise beyond your years! I have no doubt that you will succeed and we will see your final transformation soon!! You are a delight! :smile:
  • amsohs85
    amsohs85 Posts: 166
    Options
    You are a beautiful person both inside and out!!! I'm so glad you have made this succesful journey...i see big things in your future!! Thank you for expressing what you went through so well and inspiring the rest of us to keep moving forward!!:flowerforyou:
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration!!! :flowerforyou:
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! All I can say is WOW!!
  • 40tmw
    40tmw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph”.
    Love that! What an inspiration! My goal is to go from 230 to 175 - and it seems so huge to me! It really helps to know it can be done - and in a year? Wow! Thanks for sharing!
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration. You rock!! Well done. I have the same goal (5'2", 135) and have 25 lbs more to get there. Your picture made me feel better about how I look TODAY. Your spirit is so lovely and your smile makes me so happy. Thank you.:flowerforyou:
  • themadisons513
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for posting your story. I can relate to so many things you mentioned and it made me see that Im not alone in this :)
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Wow - what an amazing transformation! Congratulations and thanks for inspiring us all!
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You are wise beyond your years! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your inspiring story. To see your discoveries of both your physical and mental state are amazing. I bet there isnt' anything you can't conquer now! You learned in a year what many people never realize in a lifetime. Simply amazing.
  • lynnstar_lynnstar
    lynnstar_lynnstar Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! Amazing progress! You are definitely an inspiration!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    amazing loss!!! Congrats!! I wish you continued success :happy:
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Your story is amazing and your transformation is too!!! Thanks for your story:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!