New Years New Body!!!

Options
Hey there, I've been looking for great support to help me continue my weight loss journey. So I decided to create a new group. My goal is to get to my goal weight by January 1st of 2010. As a team we would be weighing in every monday and from there we could create challenges to get us through the week. I would take care of the weigh-ins and would announce the biggest losers of the week!! I really hope i get some feedback! Lets do this, the countdown is on till 2010!!!!:happy:

Replies

• sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I cannot lose any more but I was wondering if once you have this in place if you need any cheer leaders and supporters to help cheer everyone on. Great job and good luck to you on your journey. God Bless, Brenda
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself because I don't want to be tied to the scale but I will cheer you on and maybe I can be included in staying withing calorie challenges and exercise challenges. I need to stop doing 90 minutes of low intensity and start challenging myself again.
  • stef_e_b
    Options
    I'll join you!

And we're both in Ontario. I'm in Toronto.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i will join you . lets do it
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I would like to join!! I was looking for a group to join so that I could hold myself even more accountable. I would really like to hit my goal weight by New Years!

However, I weigh in on Fridays, but I will just use that information on Mondays when everyone does posts about their weigh in, if that's ok :flowerforyou:
  • jfilon
    Options
    I'll definitely join! This idea sounds like a blast (and I really need to jump back on the MFP bandwagon, haha).
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Sounds good everybody! and if you do not want to weigh yourself that is fine with me. It will just be nice to have a support group, and even if you just want to check in with everyone, tell us how your week went and everything.....but either way, for those who do want to weigh in, we can start tommorow morning....and go from there...im very excited and I too am anctious to jump back on the MFP bandwagon!! haha....have a good night everyone!:happy:
  • greatdanewalker
    Options
    I'd love to join. I've been looking for a group to join for support. I would love to be as close as possible to my goal weight by the new year. I'm also in Toronto Ontario. I'm 150 pounds right now, and my goal is 130. What should our challenge be for this week?? :-)
  • mxburke
    Options
    So my weigh in for this morning is 158.2 lbs, havent lost much since last week, just a 0.6 lb loss....but its something. For this first challenge, I was thinking a water challenge, see who can take in the most water for the week. Every day, in our thread, but one of these guys:drinker: for every cup (250 mls) of water that you drink. At the end of the week I will add up, and we will see who the winner is. Drinking water has definitely been one of my biggest challenges, and i think it would help to be one of the first things we do!!!:happy:
  • rachelmommy1
    Options
    Is it too late to jump on the bandwagon.?? New Year's is about the goal I gave myself and maybe this will help me stay accountable. Escpecially after my horrible "backsliding week". Today i'm 179 and my goal is 135...... and starting my way with some special k with fat free milk and a cup of coffee........here's to a new, better, and productive week!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • mxburke
    Options
    Not too late at all, we are just starting today!!! dont forget about the water challenge, each day put one of these:drinker: for every 250 mls (1 cup) of water you drink per day! in a week, we will announce the winner~!!!
  • jfilon
    Options
    So, even though I was mildly disgruntled to see the scale read 148 lbs when I weighed in this morning, I still managed to bike to the gym in 30 degrees for a 6am workout. Woohoo.

My roommates and I have been in a bit of a spat, and one of them was nice enough to bake me cupcakes to make peace. On the first day of my new year's challenge. So I politely explained and gave her a hug. . . as well as the cupcakes!

Does that count as something to be proud of?
  • mxburke
    Options
    Wow! definitely should be proud of that! you know what, you should also be proud of the fact that you have now just inspired me not to go to the bulk barn today to buy chocolate and candies....I was so tempted all day, and now I have decided that I am better than that! Thanks! and good job!!! keep it up!
  • cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join? I weighed in at 162 this morning. I would love to be about 145 by Jan. 1st :)

So far today I have had 3 glasses of water... so :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :)
  • mxburke
    Options
    definitely not too late to join! today was the first day!!! I cannot wait for this group, seems like we've got a good bunch of ppl for support!! Welcome:happy: And my water intake for today is (8) :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: 9 for me... and still going strong!

I will weigh myself on Friday and post then :wink:
  • greatdanewalker
    Options
    Not the best water day for me! Actually not the best day all around! I missed my workout..... and was so busy I think I only managed:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Excuses excuses...... I'll go drink another couple of glasses! Here's to a better day tomorrow!
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I thought the water challenge was so cool that I can do so here is mine
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    I do a lot of water daily. Everyone seems to be doing great. Congrats to all of you.
    God Bless, brenda
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I start my days late (1pm) so I got in 7 by 10 pm
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Just got 11 total in and I'm off to bed :yawn:
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Tomorrow's another day :wink: