New Years New Body!!!

Replies

• ckholmes
    ckholmes Posts: 123
    What a good day, down stairs almost clean, workout in and :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: in so far :happy:
  • thanks!:happy:
  • I wanna join! I do my weighs on Saturdays though (that's when I get to the scale) but I will keep ya'll posted!

I am SO glad that there are people who are here to encourage and support one another. Way to be!

:)

279080.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Hi guys can I join? I think I will weigh myself on Monday since it's still that TOM for me :grumble:

Also, not sure how much :drinker: I drank and am still on the works for that. I think maybe I drank (drunk?? :huh: ) :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: so far..
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    WELCOME NEWBIES!!!! That feels funny to say since I've only been on this site for a couple of weeks now myself. However, I LOVE MFP. It is set up well and everyone I have met seems to have a good grasp of how to do it and the desire to do it. What is so cool to me is that once I joined this site I find that I have so many cheerleaders to keep me motivated and on track and give me that much needed pat on the back once in a while. Thank you everyone! YOU ROCK!!!!

Ok, so down to business. Today sucks. I started the day with the intention of taking a run before work which has become routine over the last couple of weeks on Thursdays. But today, I got up late, had to talk myself out of bed and into my running clothes. Then, I go in to have my water, coffee and banana (normal routine again) only to sit there trying to talk myself out of it. "it's too cold, it's dark, it's late" but I finally stand up and talk myself into at least walking out the front door. However, I checked my HRM and it was waaay dead! SCORE....I see this as a sign that the universe was telling me I need to take the run this evening instead. So, off to work I go. Then, I was scheduled to walk at lunch with some walking buddies. Both of them flaked on me and so having no one to walk with I decided to work through lunch. Then I discover I left my lunch and snacks at home. Sigh...I'm getting hungry and now have to go forage somewhere for food. OH yeah, and I've only had 3 glasses of water today. :-( :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I hope to pull it together but it seems I keep running into mini obstacles. Just one of those days I suppose.

Holly
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    I know this might be too late but it is worth a try...Can i join the "new year new body" challenge?

I currently weigh, as of last wednesday 214, and i am determined to be around the 190s this would mean me breaking the 200 pound mark, i have been stuck on this weight for the past 3 months...and it won't budge.

I have already drank :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: ...i don't seem to like water in the fall, or cold months...makes me sick, but i am trying.

Good luck to all!!

Falha
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Welcome to everyone! Don't worry it is definitely not too late to join!!! we weigh in every monday and since I started the group, I will take care of tracking the weights every week, and I will start a new thread, so like next monday I will start a new thread called (New Years New Body Week 2) so look for it! I am definitely happy to see the success of my group, its the first time that I actually create one that people seem to like!!! so Im glad to have you all as a support!!!!:happy:

So, the past few days have been bad for me, I did well with working out, burned 700 calories yesterday and 500 today, and both days i walked to work (40 minute walk). But on the down side, i splurged and ate some seriously bad food....had some chocolate croissants at work ( i work at the grocery store....lol) and some potatoe wedges....and yesterday i had a chocolate croissant too....i am way too addicted to those....but either way.....so dont worry Dive_Girl, your not the only one struggling this week.....ive had to kick my own *kitten* just to go work out, especially when I go after work, thats the hardest for me.....but hopefully by the time next week comes i could combine my good working out with some better eating....Oh and i might add that i only had 6 cups of water:tongue::drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Thanks for listening :):smile:

Oh, and heres an updated list of our weigh ins

mxburke 158.2
    greatdanewalker 150 lbs
    rachelmommy1 179 lbs
    jfilon 148 lbs
    cwvanek 162 lbs
    Dive_girl 175 lbs
    kelynn 143.8 lbs
    Fiftyandfit 175.4 lbs
    ckholmes 267.0 lbs
    itsmenatalie 145.8 lbs
    tireswing
    vanimami
    falhaone 214 lbs
  • Ok, so today I managed :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: It's not the 10 I was aiming for but okay! Today was another super busy day! I can't wait until the weekend :happy: Hope everyone else has had great weeks. It's exciting to see so many new people joining here!
  • ckholmes
    ckholmes Posts: 123
    I got my:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: in for the day but only cuz i felt dehydrated from having chinese foe dinner:grumble:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I only got 6. I seem to get busy and put it off. But I did have time to eat 4 cupcakes:embarassed:
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    only had time for 8 :grumble: sitting in the station about 2030hrs last nite when
    we get a call of a vehicle into a bldg......dang! figures on my friday...so
    didn't get in that last bottle of water....stupid driver! :grumble: and got
    home 3 hrs later than usual so only got 5hrs of sleep:grumble:
    yep..that's me grumbling today...............on a happier note........DH and
    the boys are headed out for the MX race this weekend.........DD #2 is
    going away for the wknd...so it'll just be me n the critters..........bliss!:bigsmile:

have a great day
    Pam:flowerforyou:
  • Dive_Girl
    I only got in 6 total for Thursday :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I'll check in at the end of today with my total. Did did however get out a 40 minute run this morning!!!! Today is starting off so much better than yesterday did!
  • Dive_Girl
    So, the past few days have been bad for me, I did well with working out, burned 700 calories yesterday and 500 today, and both days i walked to work (40 minute walk).

Wow that is awesome!!!! Good for you! Have you always walked to work or is this a new thing for you? I have a friend that lives close enough to work that he can take his bike. I wish I had that option. Keep it up you're doing great. And yeah, the food thing. I find that when I logged EVERYTHING that sometimes I have not done as bad as I thought. Then yeah, there are those other days like yesterday. But, today is a new day and it so far has started out so much better!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    hello everyone,

Happy weekend to all!!:happy:

I managed to get (7) :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: cups of water today..but then yesterday but not quite 8 cups yet....i am not much of a water drinker when the wheather gets brisk.

Good luch to all:heart:
  • cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: for yesterday

only :drinker: so far today :grumble: I had to work 3rd shift last night so I pretty much slept all day :P
  • Yeah Friday!!! I really need this weekend to recoup!! I managed :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: today! It's been very yucky out all week and I haven't done much in terms of exercising beyond a brisk 45 minute dog walk everyday. How does everyone get the motivation to exercise. I always dread it, but feel so good and proud when I actually do it (most likely those endorphins :wink: )! I'm putting on a 25th anniversary party for my aunt tomorrow...so hopefully I'll dance away plenty of calories :tongue: Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Dive_Girl
    ...so hopefully I'll dance away plenty of calories

You may have just answered your own question!!! For me it has to be fun, challenging and usually involve others. I have been struggling with the motivation myself for over a year now. 3 weeks ago I joined a running clinic. I have NEVER been able to run. It has been the best class ever!!! I have also taken belly dancing, scuba diving (now addicted) and the latest class craze at the gyms these days Zumba. Doing things at home by myself like DVDs sounds way convenient and way easy to ignore. :-) Make it fun what ever it is.
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    A new body in the New Year is my goal as well. I am going to work to get close to my goal weight by then. I'm in!!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    As promised, I am embarassed and mortified (but making myself post to hold myself accountable) that I weighed in today at 145.2 (heavier than last week).

I am NOT an excuse maker, and it's 100% my own stupid fault. As if that isn't enough to make me angry, I came to a frustrating realization tonight. I posted about it on the "tough love" thread (for obvious reasons), but this is the deal:

There is a small grocery store we go to about once a month because they have a lot of homemade, and just plain awesome things that the big chain grocery stores don't have. A few months ago, I got some homemade chocolate drizzled rice cakes from there- only 20 calories each, awesome, and the perfect chocolate fix! Went last weekend and got some more. Got home and realized that these weren't drizzled, they're chocolate DIPPED- as in absolutely covered in chocolate. I wasn't sure if I was happy or disappointed, but I checked the nutrition label and still only 20 calories... could that be? I looked at the ingredients and it says it used skim milk in the milk chocolate so I thought, hmmm ok, 20 calories is probably at least in the ball park- maybe these ones have 30 or 40, but still not bad!

Well, for the last week, I have been having 3 or 4 as dessert at night- as I always used to do with the *drizzled* ones for a total of 60 to 80 calories. Long story short, I got curious when the scale said 145.2 today and looked at the nutrition label again. It says the serving size is 1 cake (5 grams) so I weighed the ricecake and it was 20 grams! So, everytime I thought I was eating 30 or so calories, I was actually eating 80!!! So, say I had 20 of these bad boys over the course of the week, thinking that was a total of 600 calories, and it was actually 1600 :sad: :sad: :explode:
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Everyone is doing a great job. Be proud and keep up the good work. I am posting yesterdays water and todays water both days being 18 glasses each day for a total of 36 glasses for the two days together, :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: God Bless, Brenda
This discussion has been closed.