Do you weigh yourself everyday? Why or why not?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• cerwin17
    cerwin17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    To the original poster: I would personally advise you not to weigh yourself every day. I know there are some pros to doing that, but at least for me there were way more cons than what the pros were worth. The last time I was seriously trying to lose weight (before I gave up), I was using Fitday.com. They had a nifty little line graph where you could input your weight and chart your weight loss...At first it was cool, and I was weighing in every day. But then, if a slip-up day happened or if I went a day without exercise, the next day I would either see no loss or a gain, and it would be very crushing to me. I guess I haven't reached the point in my life where it's not all about the scale...I find it to be much more motivating if I weigh in once a week and see that I have lost one or two pounds overall, despite what I may or may not have eaten or exercised during that week. Maybe when I finally reach my ultimate goal I will feel more comfortable with weighing in every day, but while I am trying to lose, I am only doing it once a week.
  • onpoint1920
    Options
    h