Moms that lost belly hang, extra flab, stretch marks..

Replies

• genericaroar
    genericaroar Posts: 51 Member
    oops
  • genericaroar
    genericaroar Posts: 51 Member
    Bump buump buuuump!

I had 4 children, one of them C-section. Even at my skinniest (112 lbs) I had the low abdominal flab. The surgeon than did my C-section sewed me up with staples and PINCHED my left side very bad. Not only that he also cut me nearly from hip to hip. Not even my mom who had a C-section 33 years ago had a cut that big.
    This particular surgeon was pretty much kicked out of town. He had so many law suits against him that he couldn't practice here anymore.

I hold no illusion that my scar and hanging flap will ever go away (unless I win the lottery and have surgery), but I keep hoping that it will get better. I'm amping up my reverse sit ups and on exercises that tighten the lower abdomen.

I'm so affected by this that I have an awful hard time getting completely naked in front of a man. It embarrasses me so much. Walking around in my underwear in front of a guy is a struggle for me.

If I could afford it, I would have surgery because this is the part of my body that bugs me the most.

The worse about the whole thing also is that my daughter died 17 hours after she was born by C-section. I have a scar to forever remind me of that.

So so sorry you have to deal with this. Puts it all into perspective for me. My baby is happy and healthy...my body issues are nothing.
  • tracied22
    tracied22 Posts: 8 Member
    BUMP
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    bump
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    I'm still working on mine. I had my last baby by c-section Dec 15, 2010. I've had 2 c-sections, after my son I ended up gaining a ton of weight due to depression, I got up to 250lbs, this photo in the photo I'm about to show I was about 205 maybe more, the after is about a week ago. I'm 137 now. I'm working hard to lose the rest of it. I'm 5'3..

2mr8jt0.jpg

Being here over a year, I have seen your blogs and posts and don't believe that I have EVER seen this before pic!!! Amazing! Gives me severe hope... especially because I have that pink polka dot bathing suit!!! I love it and it is already getting too big! Whoo hoo! You are an inspiration for sure! :drinker:

Thank you sweetie :) This photo is a newer photo.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    So inspiring!! I'm a new mom and my baby is just shy of 6 months. I am so worried I won't get my body back but these pictures are very motivating!

Thank you for posting!
  • jereibold
    jereibold Posts: 20 Member
    Honestly, I had 2 c-sections and a bad pooch from them. I had a tummy tuck 4 years ago.
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Honestly, I had 2 c-sections and a bad pooch from them. I had a tummy tuck 4 years ago.

Aaaahh! I want mine done so bad. I have until January to be where I want to be or I get my tummy tuck as a gift from hubby for busting *kitten*!
  • amberm912
    amberm912 Posts: 85 Member
    bump :-)

14119689.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • hlpatton
    hlpatton Posts: 34 Member
    Bump!
  • Bump
  • gloria84
    gloria84 Posts: 52 Member
    bump!!
  • HakunaMatata519
    HakunaMatata519 Posts: 141 Member
    My journey is not done yet, I'd like to lose another 20 pounds. The picture on the left I was 200lbs, the right is 160lbs. I weighed in at 157.8 this morning. I'm 5'3.

I have an 18 month old and a 5 month old. 2 pregnancies so close together, and gaining 50lbs with the first, and 30lbs with the second was really hard on my body, and I got really bad stretch marks. I hope one day I can rock a bikini for my husband, even if it's just in our backyard lol

40lbsbracomparison-1.jpg
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    My profile pic was taken this past summer.
    I am the mom of six :) Yes, I gave birth! No, none were twins!

Not sure of the effect of C-sections but there is hope after birth for a flat, or reasonably so, belly!
  • bump
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    bump.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    I think alot of it is where your scar is (c-section), how much you gained and lost. Mine is still a work in progress and probably always will be.
  • I just *sorta* posted my journey to fitness after 3 pregnancies, the last being a c-section delivery on the "Introduce Yourself" forum. I put several photos in there. Believe it or not, my stomach isn't what I'm struggling with, it's my thighs and booty!!!
  • bethany1031
    bethany1031 Posts: 40 Member
    bump for hope!
  • morah29
    morah29 Posts: 107
    3 c-sections later....... I got a lot hanging....... maybe one day lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!