"Attractiveness" Threads

Options

Replies

• Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Eh ... it is not always about that. It is just when you click on Recent Posts and its an entire screen of "rate this person above me" posts that completely take away actual content. Granted it just takes a click or two to get passed it but its 2012 now... I might get carpal tunnel if I click too often... Its bad for my health, I cant be doing any unnecessary cardio... It makes you skinny fat !

Hahah! You're funny and attractive. :)

mebelt004, I think you're very pretty. And I'm not just saying that to make you feel good. I think you may have been around some really stupid, partially blind (no offense to blind people) people in your life. Honestly, sometimes others will assume you know you're pretty, so they don't say anything. It often surprises me the people (women and men) who DON'T realize how gorgeous they are.
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    The great thing about those types of threads...

You don't have to participate if you don't want to/don't feel comfortable with them.

^_^
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    It seems like a lot of people on this site don't realize that if they don't like what a topic has written in it, they don't have to read it. I know, that requires some pretty heavy duty brain power to comprehend, but maybe they'll catch on at some point.
    LMFAO OMG I legit just practically peed myself.

Also for the record I agree w/ OP

@Trojan I feel like people are intimated lol. But I'd probably def give you a 2nd glance on the street or at the gym and my boyfriend would be pissy lol even tho we both know he checks out other girls haha

Intimidated?! And he's a guy, of course he checks out other girls! :P It's an unavoidable fact of life and us men would be much happier if all girls could come to accept it.
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    :O im bored
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    quack!

Me too....
  • nothing1994
    Options
    quack!

Me too....

Lololo
  • MSepp
    MSepp Posts: 228
    Options
    After hearing so many negative voices (namely your own) telling yourself that you look terrible and you're gross...it's nice to hear positive things from other people.
  • jeff10278
    jeff10278 Posts: 8
    Options
    The little voice in our head can be our worst enemy. It can defeat us, before we even start. I appreciate the genuine positive reinforcement. The problem is you have to learn to accept it and believe that the person giving you the compliment is doing it under good pretenses.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    They arent real. Everyone says everyone else is attractive, which isnt true. No need to lie to people.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    It seems like a lot of people on this site don't realize that if they don't like what a topic has written in it, they don't have to read it. I know, that requires some pretty heavy duty brain power to comprehend, but maybe they'll catch on at some point.

@Trojan I feel like people are intimated lol. But I'd probably def give you a 2nd glance on the street or at the gym and my boyfriend would be pissy lol even tho we both know he checks out other girls haha

Intimidated?! And he's a guy, of course he checks out other girls! :P It's an unavoidable fact of life and us men would be much happier if all girls could come to accept it.

I love to check out men and women.
    not so into the rating thing, attractiveness is so subjective,
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

My friend is about to lose his chick because shes "disappointed" in him for looking at other girls when they are together. Girls just dont understand, its really almost an uncontrolable reflex. It will never stop.
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    They arent real. Everyone says everyone else is attractive, which isnt true. No need to lie to people.
    amen my brother.. and fact be told.. most people only put up pictures of a very small selection.. the one out of the 100 they took that actually makes them look better.. if we where actually to see some of these people in the street not only would we ignore them most people would talk poop or something.. its a crazy world.. people come here and post pictures to feel good about themselves and get comments on how good they look.. it s attention.. everyone likes it.. who cares.... if you want to join in on the fun and tell bob joe sue that she is super hot then so be it.. if you dont.. dont.. we dont care.. everyone has different goals in there life and everyone has different things going on in their life.. some wives or husbands who dont get attention at home started working out and find they can get attention here and it isnt actually cheating but they feel better about themselves.. they have hundreds of friends they never met or will meet but most likely its someone who has shown them attention.. same goes with the fat boy or girl when they where younger.. they didnt get the attention from the opposite sex younger in life and now they can.. let them live in their glory and have fun.. who are we to judge..
  • mar28leo
    mar28leo Posts: 16
    Options
    It's always nice and flattering to be told you're attractive. But IMO, it's more important to love yourself, then other peoples opinions wont really matter :) just my opinion...
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    amen my brother.. and fact be told.. most people only put up pictures of a very small selection.. the one out of the 100 they took that actually makes them look better.. if we where actually to see some of these people in the street not only would we ignore them most people would talk poop or something.. its a crazy world.. people come here and post pictures to feel good about themselves and get comments on how good they look.. it s attention.. everyone likes it.. who cares.... if you want to join in on the fun and tell bob joe sue that she is super hot then so be it.. if you dont.. dont.. we dont care.. everyone has different goals in there life and everyone has different things going on in their life.. some wives or husbands who dont get attention at home started working out and find they can get attention here and it isnt actually cheating but they feel better about themselves.. they have hundreds of friends they never met or will meet but most likely its someone who has shown them attention.. same goes with the fat boy or girl when they where younger.. they didnt get the attention from the opposite sex younger in life and now they can.. let them live in their glory and have fun.. who are we to judge..

HA HA HA HA have you been looking in my window?

I must take a zillion pics and only like 1 or 2
  • mar28leo
    mar28leo Posts: 16
    Options
    Truth be told brother!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

I seriously feel like EVERYONE checks out a hot girl. I legit get girl crushes all the time lol I like POINT OUT hot girls to him. I honestly don't care if he checks out other girls. Like YEAH she's hot you can admit it lol I'm not going to claw your eyes out! But I look at a guy and it's like DEAR GOD THE WORLD IS ENDING YOU JUST CHEATED WITH YOUR EYES

I mean obviously I check out hot guys too but it's hard not to notice a girl with a rockin body.

And intimidated like you would be if you saw a wicked hot girl I guess. IDK just like a guy with a six pack girls are just like... intimidated by lol .

(I'm just going to say for the record to all you MFP people that I've had a few glasses of wine and a vodka soda lol)
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Those threads are alright. And there is a part of everyone that is losing weight that is somewhat superficial, I believe. It's funny because today I think I was hit on. Idk what to make of it lol. I just got done working out and my first shirt was pretty soaked, so I took it off so it didn't add weight. As I took it off this woman walks by and says I should take off all my clothes when I weigh myself. I'd consider it getting hit on. We went on to talk just a little bit afterwards. I'll admit the number one reason im doing this is for superficial purposes.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    NO NO NO!!!! Those sorts of threads MUST be stopped! AT ONCE! Those of us who look like Elmer Fudd on a bad hair day truly resent them and they MUST BE STOPPED!!!!

:angry:

:devil:
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    I've seen some people post that they don't care for the threads where we comment on each other's attractiveness. But I think they're great. For people who have struggled with weight, our self-esteem and confidence have suffered a bit. Also, when you've been working hard on weight loss and being fit, it's motivating to hear that you're looking good. I think it's great to have the opportunity to hear and say positive things.
    It sucks though when you comment and than get ignored every single time. Maybe the whiners get overlooked? I just learned to stay away from them and not use my real pictures. lol
  • nothing1994
    Options
    Everyone is beautiful in their own way. I personally prefer a beautiful personality over face!