Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

Options

Replies

• Susan_Rae_1
    Susan_Rae_1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I think it's simple cave man / woman biology. We're programmed to seek out the stronger, faster, taller male to hunt for us and protect us. Obviously, longer bones (no pun intended) should not make a man more attractive. And -- we have moved beyond that need. My best guess anyway. Don't worry about your height average height guy. I'm 5'9" and I married at 5'7" ish guy... we had two beautiful children and eventually divorced -- definitely not because of his height! Height is just one of those purely physical attractors. Give me nice teeth any day. :)
  • glamouritz64
    glamouritz64 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'9 male who I think is fairly attractive but was told that I would be much more attractive if I was only 6 ft tall. Ladies, why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height? Why is height soooo important to women

Speaking for myself, I want a man who is taller than I am...especially since I l ike to wear 5" stilettos. I'm 5'9", and I don't want a guy standing next me who looks like he could be my son instead of my MAN. *shrugging*
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm told because being tall and wide I totally envelope them, very safe being totally wrapped up and surrounded.

this is true!
  • glamouritz64
    glamouritz64 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Men who are 5’ 9”:

Johnny Depp, Robert Redford, Ryan Seacrest, Robert De Niro, Tom Cruise, Richard Gere, Eminem, Greg Kinnear, Tony Danza, Usher, Chris Rock, Michael C. Hall (star of Dexter), Jon Bon Jovi, Jack Nicholson, Rob Thomas (lead singer of Matchbox Twenty), Naveen Andrews (Sayid on LOST)

Yup. Height would explain why these guys all have trouble attracting women.

Which famous people are the same height as you? http://www.celebheights.com/s/compare.php

I dare say that their wallets and celebrity status make them a WEE bit taller that the average Joe who is 5'9". We're talking about REAL people.

Look...it's a factor for some women. Just like some men only like blondes...or petite women...or women who are not fat--some women want a man who is taller than she is. It's a person's PREFERENCE. Hell...some men don't like tall women. You think THAT has me in a tizzy? NOPE. And, let the right ALPHA male come along who's only physical "flaw" is that he is an inch or three shorter than my "ideal" height for a man (between 6'3" and 6'5")? Sheeeeeeetttt...the height issue flies right outta the window! #I'mjustsaying
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I am 5'8" tall and shrinking. Soon Barbie won't even date the likes of me. :/
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Does it matter if the guy is taller than you or it's a deal breaker if he's not a certain designated height?

I'm 5'1'' but my height requirement is 5'10'' or taller. I don't know why, I just can't handle shorter guys... I don't like being able to look them in the face when I'm in heels. Just a personal preference.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    As a woman who is 5'10", I can tell you that it is hard to feel feminine when you are taller than the average male. There is something very sexy about feeling small and feminine next to a man. Short girls CANNOT understand this. They have always felt this way. That being said...my husband and I are the same height. So just because it makes you feel pretty, it doesn't define your relationships.

thissss!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Different strokes for different folks. I would venture to say its not height for every woman. For some its personality as much as height or outer appearance or what you do for a living. For others its your shoe size, bwahahahaha. Just depends on the person.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    close to 6ft here... ive been told its more of a perceived security thing ... something about being able to rest their head against our chest and being able to wrap our arms around them... IDK... just what ive been told

This is true.
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    Same reason I prefer women with boobs. It's just a preference. 5'9" is only an inch under the average, and you won't have to deal with nearly as much crap as the tall guys do, like finding pants that fit, finding shoes, being asked to reach the top shelf by complete strangers, lower back pain, upper back pain, spine curvature, bad knees...the list is endless. As a 6'3" guy, I could have done without about 4 inches of height. I really feel sorry for my son, since he's likely to be even taller.

Oh, and I don't find super tall women attractive, either. I can't be with a woman who is the same height as me, or even close. Never could. They have to be under 5'5" for some reason...
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    A man's attractiveness is defined by his height in the same way that a woman's attractiveness is defined by her bra size, hair color, eye color, legs, weight -- in other words, whatever appeals to the individual looking. Some people like height, some people couldn't care less. It is what it is.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    To be honest I don't notice height, mainly because most men are taller than me by default. (I'm 5'2" ) The only guy I ever knew shorter than me I didn't like because he was a creep when it came to women. He thought by trying to sneak his hand up my thigh during a movie we were watching in the school library (yes this was back in my school days) he could convince me to be his girlfriend when he'd already dated all the other girls in our group sans the one who had a boyfriend at the time.

That aside I suppose it's a Damsel Complex sort of thing. Some women want guys that are taller, broad-shouldered, and have muscles so that they can feel some sort of "safety" when in their arms.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I don't define attractiveness by a man's height, but since my ex was 6'7" I have come to prefer a man of height. Would I date a man who was shorter, of course, but he needs to be taller than me :)
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    will read laters
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I just like a guy to be taller than me so that I can get a good cuddle under his arm. However since I am only 5'2" that is pretty easy to find, but I also don't like to need a ladder or get a crick in my neck for a good kiss either. :laugh:
  • urbnoutdrzmn247
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 6'3
  • sab0834
    sab0834 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think it goes way back in time. I think women in general look for a man who they feel can "protect" them. Not that a shorter guy wouldn't be able to or all women need protection. I just think it is one of those built in instincts. Women usually want their man to make them feel secure and I personally don't think someone shorter than me would make me feel that way. My husband isn't tall but he is taller than I am. I would never want to look down at a guy.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I find plenty of guys shorter than me attractive. I do like to be at least eye to eye with a man I'm dating, though. I've dated men like an inch or so shorter than me, I'm 5'9", but I doubt I'd date anyone shorter than 5'8". That's just a personal preference, though....not a meter for attractiveness.
  • jmalone71
    jmalone71 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8 , my hubby is 5' 9 , works for me , my first husband was 5'7 ( We where high school sweethearts ) I kept growing he didn't , lol ....... It did matter to me , probably because he was also small and that height and i was overweight and taller , i just felt like i stood out like a sore thumb next to him !! Most woman love tall guys , i think it makes me feel more feminine and i can wear heels , lol
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i'm short, so i like short guys.