Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

Options

Replies

• HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    For me its because I am 6'0" and as a hopeless romantic I have always dreamed of a man I can look up too :)
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My guess is women want to feel safe and secure around their man and the bigger the guy the safer she feels, i guess. I never really hooked up with any women taller than me but the majority of them were older than me but only by no more than 3 years.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    It is just one of those things, I find shorter women more attractive. Dont think I have ever been attracted to any woman my height or close to it. I am around 6 feet tall... Its not a dominance thing I have just always been attracted to shorter girls, who knows maybe it is.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Women in the US are programmed to want a man 6'0" or taller, even if they are not even close to 6'0" themselves.

When you are done, please send the programming software my direction. Thanks.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Why is a woman's attractiveness defined by the size of her breasts?

I'm 5'9". My husband is 5'9". I'd probably date a man as short as 5'5" if I were single.
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'9 male who I think is fairly attractive but was told that I would be much more attractive if I was only 6 ft tall. Ladies, why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height? Why is height soooo important to women

sure after you explain why men think a women's appearance and breast, butt size are so important to men.

Great point!!!... I will leave that question to the OP to get it started... or maybe you start a thread... not bad topic.
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    I am only 5'1 and attractiveness has nothing to do with height. I see attractive short and tall men all the time. And to be honest short men are easier to kiss because it doesn't kill my neck from having my head bent practically backwards. :smile:

So whoever told you that you need to be taller can suck it. :P
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    My mother (who just passed at 96) loved to say height doesn't matter when you are laying down.... ;~)

Exactly!!! Speaking from experience too. :blushing:
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have a theory that some women are attracted to power. That power can be money, celebrity, height, etc. For me it's intelligence. My husband is a couple of inches shorter than me (I'm 5'10"), and it really doesn't matter. I just love him for his big brain. :)
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Women in the US are programmed to want a man 6'0" or taller, even if they are not even close to 6'0" themselves.

When you are done, please send the programming software my direction. Thanks.

snort.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    sorry OP but get over it, women have like 5011 things we are judged by in terms of attractiveness yet guys b*tch and moan about being judged for only heights

THIS.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Its not for me! I'm 5'3", my boyfriend is 5'6" and I couldn't care less. Whenever we get dressed up we joke about how I'm taller than him when I wear my heels, lol. I've dated super tall guys (the tallest was 6'7" I think) and guys my height and it didn't matter to me.

I also have a friend who is 6' tall and she has no problem dating guys shorter than her, and still rocking her 3" heels. She doesn't care a bit about height. Not everyone has the same criteria for "cute" guy.
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My ex husband was 5'8 I am 5'2 and the guy Ihave a date with saturday is 5'10 I like 5'10 to 6'1 makes me feel small and protected
  • she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Options
    I'm 5'11". My boyfriend is 5'7". My ex was 5'4".

I couldn't care less if a guy was shorter or taller than me. To me, the main factor in a man's attractiveness is his intelligence and sense of humor (no really--I don't have a specific "body type) that I go for.

But it's different for all women. There is no ONE thing that ALL women care about when it comes to determining a man's attractiveness.
  • keenslk
    keenslk Posts: 126
    Options
    I couldnt date a guy shorter than me and im 5'6 dont know why but Im just not attracted to short guys - same reason why some guys like blondes others dark hair or a particular body shape I guess.. My preference is guys over 6ft as find it masculine and it's just what im into... although in saying this my last bf was only 5'10 ....i did find him too short though :wink:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8, and it is hard to find a guy who makes me feel little. It would be near impossible for me to date someone shorter than me. My advice to the OP - concentrate on finding girls who are petite, between 5'0 and 5'5. That way, she'll feel little with you and you'll feel bigger than her. You will mostly likely be turned down by girls taller than you - it's sad but probably true.
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Protection. Feels nice when a tall man hugs you. You feel safe. Not so hot when its about the same height.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Because size matters.

J/K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My first reaction was "it is?!" but then I thought about it and yeah taller is nicer (although attractiveness isn't defined by it.) I'm 5'7" so when I wear heels I occaisionally am taller than guys and it makes me feel like a huge Amazon which isn't a fun feeling. Same feeling when I'm in flats and the guy is shorter. I dunno I guess it's more about me not wanting to feel like a giant than about the guy.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Protection. Feels nice when a tall man hugs you. You feel safe. Not so hot when its about the same height.

Oddly enough, every woman I've ever dated has told me they've felt safer with me at 5'7, than anyone else they've ever dated...some even after we've broken up (you know...those 'reminiscing' conversations you have sometimes?). My sons mom STILL calls me when she's being threatened by her brothers (this happens with surprising regularity). I told her last time 'Why are you calling me? Why isn't your boyfriend taking care of this?'

Her boyfriend is 5'10"...210lbs, I'm 5'7", 190lbs.