Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

Options

Replies

• KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    height is absolutly not an issue with me. Yes I am one of those short girls at 5'3", my soul mate is 5'5". My ex *kitten* was 5"11. The only thing I can say is my husband now is the best lover I have ever had. hmmmm Im not sure that has anything to do with height, but it doesnt hurt. I love everything about every part of his body.

Anyone who let you go because of your height is insane. Its whats inside that counts.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Attraction isn't a choice! It's a biological/emotional response, and women are "programmed" to look for the best mate to pass along her genes. It's called evolution!

Obviously, there are exceptions to the rules, but for the most part taller men are more attractive to women subconsciously.
  • baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Please do not lump all women together. I know I have liked men that were tall and some that were the same height as me. To be honest, I have dated a man shorter than me - he was 5 feet and I am 5'3. If the man is smart and a "true" gentleman...then I really don't care about color or height or anything else. But that is me.

You don't care about color or height or anything else.....so bikers are okay???
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Attraction isn't a choice! It's a biological response, and women are "programmed" to look for the best mate to pass along her genes. It's called evolution!

Obviously, there are exceptions to the rules, but for the most part taller men are more attractive to women unconsciously.

If she's unconscious, she probably isn't caring about how tall you are.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    LOL, fixed!
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I have never dated or not dated a man due to his height or lack there of. In fact I have found quite a few men of average or less than average height very attractive. I am more interested in the content of his character than the height of his person.

I'm sure you'll find a lovely lady who appreciates you for who you are.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    Well, in a raw form, attractiveness is built over tens of thousands of years of evolution. And for 99% of humanities history, big strong and tall meant better at surviving, hunting, etc. So those traits carried on through generations and get stronger as time goes on. Biological programming is not easy to overcome and is slow to change. I'm certain as time goes on in the next couple of thousands of years, that desire for the tall mate will slowly start to fade. Since with today's society, being the tallest, etc doesn't mean as much.

And tall is a relative term, I am 6' and in my family; I get called the shrimp (All of my uncles, cousins, etc are all 6' 4" and taller).
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Attraction isn't a choice! It's a biological response, and women are "programmed" to look for the best mate to pass along her genes. It's called evolution!

Obviously, there are exceptions to the rules, but for the most part taller men are more attractive to women unconsciously.

If she's unconscious, she probably isn't caring about how tall you are.

LMAO!!!!!!!
  • koen612
    koen612 Posts: 83
    Options
    Well, in a raw form, attractiveness is built over tens of thousands of years of evolution. And for 99% of humanities history, big strong and tall meant better at surviving, hunting, etc. So those traits carried on through generations and get stronger as time goes on. Biological programming is not easy to overcome and is slow to change. I'm certain as time goes on in the next couple of thousands of years, that desire for the tall mate will slowly start to fade. Since with today's society, being the tallest, etc doesn't mean as much.

And tall is a relative term, I am 6' and in my family; I get called the shrimp (All of my uncles, cousins, etc are all 6' 4" and taller).

^^^^^^^^This

Don't be so self concious bro, you will find the right one and if height matters then screw them. I'm 6'6 if a girl is only wanting to date me for my height i wont even bother, personality rules the day. Besides being tall is not all its cracked up to be, try walking into a running ceiling fan, or buying shirts at specialty store because all others only go down to half your torso length. HAHA or even buying shoes you cant go to payless and pick up a pair of 16's in any color you like, be who you are, and dont sweat the big or small stuff. :)
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and my Wife (5'2") and every other relationship was always shorter. Not sure if that plays any part but If a person is good hearted they don't need to look with their eyes, Only with their heart.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    My husband is 5'6". I'm 5'4". I don't have to move the seat when he's the last one to drive the car. I think it's a beautiful relationship, and he's a beautiful man!
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Why is a woman's by her chest? God, get over it, people judge other people on their bodies.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    sorry OP but get over it, women have like 5011 things we are judged by in terms of attractiveness yet guys b*tch and moan about being judged for only heights
  • MartiJ521
    MartiJ521 Posts: 434
    Options
    I like a tall man. plus, i'm 5'0 so, I deff can't date someone shorter than me lol
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Does it matter if the guy is taller than you or it's a deal breaker if he's not a certain designated height?

It's not necessarily a deal breaker for me...I've been attracted men of very different heights at times, I do prefer to date guys who are around my height or slightly taller because I am 5'8 1/2 and dating men who are more than an inch or two shorter than me sometimes makes me feel big and clumsy, especially if they're slim and I feel like I weigh more than they do...although this is less of an issue now that I've lost a lot of weight and am "height/weight proportionate" or whatever average is lol...

If I met someone that I was compatible with and there was chemistry, height would not be a big deal.
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Height isn't important to me, as long as I'm not the tall one. And I'm short (5'4"). lol My last serious boyfriend was my height, and I've dated several guys who were in that range. I kinda like being with somebody my height because it's easier to look into their eyes and smooching is a lot easier. lol
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Women in the US are programmed to want a man 6'0" or taller, even if they are not even close to 6'0" themselves.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm. 5.975 I'm shorter than half the guys ive went to school with and work with I definitely feel short hence the. 975 :)
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    OP: Did the entire female population, or a large portion of it, tell you this? Otherwise, that's just one shallow, mean woman's opinion.

For myself, I prefer tall guys. Like, 6' + (I am 5' 7.5"). Most of my celeb crushes are 6' 3" - 6' 5", broad shoulders, muscular. I do think that for a lot of women, this preference for height kind of stems from gender roles in nature... men being the protectors and hunters, women less so due to having a more diminutive stature, on average, and also because we carry precious cargo during pregnancy. BUT... this type is an ideal, and it's definitely not a dealbreaker if a guy is shorter, for me; I even like to say that I find Peter Dinklage attractive, and he's 4' 10" and a dwarf.

It comes down to the whole package. Just like how some guys' ideal woman is a supermodel-type, some womens' ideal is a towering Adonis. Most sensible people will recognize that their abstract concept of the perfect mate is not a reasonably attainable goal, and a lot of these "perfect" traits will fall to the wayside when they come across the right person whose personality outshines those superficial standards, and becomes more physically attractive to them as the relationship grows. There are *kitten* out there who refuse to date anything short of a supermodel (or woman who could pass for one), as well as women who will pass up any guy who doesn't look like a baller. They are the minority, and you shouldn't care about a few shallow peoples' opinions. You can't win 'em all.

If all else fails, at 5' 9", there are plenty of women who are quite a bit shorter than you, and would find you to be quite tall to them. You shouldn't have a problem finding one, unless you happen to discount the shorter girls when it comes to dating.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'9 male who I think is fairly attractive but was told that I would be much more attractive if I was only 6 ft tall. Ladies, why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height? Why is height soooo important to women

sure after you explain why men think a women's appearance and breast, butt size are so important to men.