Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

Options

Replies

• jessicataylor2
    Options
    Well I'm 5'8" and I love wearing heels, so if a guy isn't over 6' I'll be taller. My boyfriend is about 6'3" and I love it. I think a lot of girls like tall guys because they make us feel little. Also, they seem bigger which makes me feel safer, like he could protect me a lot better. Just my opinion though. I just like feeling protected and tiny.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    The crappy answer? It's an instinct to want the bigger/taller/more muscular man.
    However, that doesn't mean all women feel that way. My husband is taller than me, but only by 3 inches (I'm 5'4", he's 5'7") and I like it that way. Would I want to be with a man who was shorter than me? Not really. But! only if he's insecure about it (which a lot of men are). If he's confident and sexy in his shortness, I'd be cool with it.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    because tall guys have big hands and big feet :happy:
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    It's not .... If she says it is then that's her personal hang up . I'm 5' 10' and my awesome husband is only 5'9" . When I wear heels I'm 6'1" and it doesn't bother me at all ! A lot of tall women feel the way I do .if she judges you by your height then she is missing the real you .
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    I don't know. My mom is that way. She will meet a perfectly fine man but then she says.... but he's only 5'9".... I say so, that's taller than you! She is 5'3". I don't want my man too be too much taller than me. Then when you sit next to them you don't have to struggle to give them a kiss. And when you talk to them you can look into each others eyes. It's just more romantic that way. I've dated a guy that was 6'4".... it was way too tall. Even 6'1" is a bit tall. I mean, I'm not gonna say, "No you are too tall get out of my sight" but it would be nice if they weren't too tall. :) There are more of us women out there. Just be patient :) Fortunately, I am taken, my bf is probably 6'0" to 6'1". He is tall, I can deal with it though.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2", so it's incredibly hard for me to find a man taller than I am who actually WANTS to date me lol... I prefer them to be 6'4" or taller lol Personally, I like a taller man because taller men make me feel feminine. I've always been tall (and big), so I don't typically feel feminine enough... a taller man who can spoon me and lift me (maybe not now, but when I lose weight lol) and have to lean DOWN to hug me... that just makes me feel good, and SMALLER than someone for once.

Ironically enough, I settled down with a 5'2" mexican LOL His height may be unfortunate, but he makes up for it in other ways. He has a [pleasantly] surprisingly HUGE...................... heart. :) And he's in damned good shape... mmmph! And I wouldn't trade him for the world cause he treats me like a queen, which is all that REALLY matters. For some people anyway. ;)
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    because tall guys have big hands and big feet :happy:
    Ron Jeremy... 5'6" (even though he grosses most of us out) just sayin':wink:
  • tdp8700
    tdp8700 Posts: 24
    Options
    I am 6'0 tall. My husband of 12 years is 5'9". He likes to stand on steps or curbs to be taller than me sometimes but that is because he's a goof. Calls me his amazon woman, and I'm happy with that. Lust is often defined by how someone looks or how beautiful you feel next to them. Love on the other hand is defined by a deeper more meaningful connection, IMHO. Love to me is being able to come home, change into sweats, work out next to a guy who doesn't care that I need to lose 200lbs or that I look terrible in workout gear instead he cares about how my day was and how I am. He cares about me. I don't care that he's shorter than me. I don't care that he's 100lbs overweight or that he's a gamer geek. When I look at him I simply see the one man I love. He could gain weight until he couldn't anymore or shrink to 4'11 and I would still love him the same. If he does however I see Dr visits in his future and TONS of them lol:laugh:
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    do you know what IS attractive.. being confident and able to work with the lot you've been dealt.. do you know what IS NOT attractive... asking insecure questions....
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    5'9" is not short. Ignore those shallow people and move on.
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just like my guys taller than I am, since that's only 5'2" it isn't too hard.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I don't give a rip about height as long as he can make me laugh.....
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    do you know what IS attractive.. being confident and able to work with the lot you've been dealt.. do you know what IS NOT attractive... asking insecure questions....

You mean like, "does this make my butt look big?"
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    I am 6'0 tall. My husband of 12 years is 5'9". He likes to stand on steps or curbs to be taller than me sometimes but that is because he's a goof. Calls me his amazon woman, and I'm happy with that. Lust is often defined by how someone looks or how beautiful you feel next to them. Love on the other hand is defined by a deeper more meaningful connection, IMHO. Love to me is being able to come home, change into sweats, work out next to a guy who doesn't care that I need to lose 200lbs or that I look terrible in workout gear instead he cares about how my day was and how I am. He cares about me. I don't care that he's shorter than me. I don't care that he's 100lbs overweight or that he's a gamer geek. When I look at him I simply see the one man I love. He could gain weight until he couldn't anymore or shrink to 4'11 and I would still love him the same. If he does however I see Dr visits in his future and TONS of them lol:laugh:

Right on you rock!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10".. my boyfriend is 5'9". I don't care about height. :P
  • BROscience_PHD
    BROscience_PHD Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    6'1 so I'm okay
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It's instinctive/evolutionary. A bigger man has a better chance of being a better protector.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I prefer guys at least 5" taller than me. I friend of mine is 6'5" and he is TOO tall for me...I hug his waist! and he has to almost fold in half to hug me properly.

As someone else said, I like to look up to a man. There is that whole submissive feel about it for *me* - its psychological, but I like to feel feminine and protected - or at least think that he can protect me.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'9 male who I think is fairly attractive but was told that I would be much more attractive if I was only 6 ft tall. Ladies, why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height? Why is height soooo important to women

I'm not gay or anything but you are a handsome african-american guy who happens to look really young and great for being 41. There are women who usually don't have great relationships because of their expectations of a man. They watch too much daytime tv, and movies where people are battered with makeup including men and expect men to meet their standards. The moment a woman sets those standards start looking the other way.
  • SwimtotheEnd
    SwimtotheEnd Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    At 6ft 5 I must be extremely attractive. Ladies please queue in an orderly fashion.