Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

Options

Replies

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm tall (5 11) but find shorter guys attractive. Would I want to do the nekkid dance with them.... No. *ducks*. I think there's some primal thing about them being bigger/stronger/protective responsible for that. I'd make an exception if you were close but too more than a few inches is too much. (that's what she said)

boo hiss :wink:
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Easy answer: Because women are shallow.

Slightly less easy answer: Because women are hard wired to be attracted to men who can protect them. Height, muscles, etc are specific indicators.

Totally wrong but entertaining answer: Because Tom Cruise is short and he apparently is crazy.

HA!
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    some like tall guys and some shorter, I prefer tall guys, my hubby is 6'2 and we have a beautiful "tall" daughter :) which she has allways appreciated- her height.

don't play into what this individual says not worth it.

You are handsome as you are
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I never cared about height when I was dating as long as they were taller than me (I'm 5'5"). Contents of the package> than the box it came in every time. Not to sound cliche', but personality, brains, and sense of humor always won over tall, dark, and conceited. In fact, I dated some real gems that I might not have considered if I ruled them out because of height or first appearance. :smile:

Honestly, it sounds like more of an excuse and this one chic wasn't totally feeling you. Move on to better fish in less 'shallow' waters. :wink:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'9 male who I think is fairly attractive but was told that I would be much more attractive if I was only 6 ft tall. Ladies, why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height? Why is height soooo important to women

I am 6'1" and have dated 5'9 before... He had the problem with my height, not I with his. An I attracted to 6' men, yea, because then I don't feel so huge. I'd like to feel "tiny" for once, but then again - a lot of the great guys are just simply shorter than me.

A man's height does not define his attractiveness to me.... His confidence with himself, his assurance in who he is - THAT is what is attractive.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter to me as long as they are taller than me. Not hard since I'm 5'3.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    5'9" and checking in. For me, I've never looked at a woman and used her height as any indicator of attractiveness. Beauty is beauty. Now, if she has really long legs I might think about them in another way but that is a different thread.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I never cared about height when I was dating as long as they were taller than me (I'm 5'5"). Contents of the package> than the box it came in every time. Not to sound cliche', but personality, brains, and sense of humor always won over tall, dark, and conceited. In fact, I dated some real gems that I might not have considered if I ruled them out because of height or first appearance. :smile:

Honestly, it sounds like more of an excuse and this one chic wasn't totally feeling you. Move on to better fish in less 'shallow' waters. :wink:
    But he'll drown if it's too deep :p
  • Plentiful_Tentacles
    Options
    Man, you think you got it bad, I'm 5'3". Most WOMEN are taller than me. It gets me really mad though. I hate how women and men judge a man's superiority and competence by their height. It's one thing to look down on someone physically, but another mentally. On top of that, I'm Asian, and we all know the stereotypes that apply to Asian males.

It's what motivates me though. It pushes me harder to be better and to prove to myself how far I can get.
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    It's not!! ....I don't care if you're taller or shorter than me, for me it's the personality and the chemistry we have that makes a man attractive to me
  • Gunnarbear
    Gunnarbear Posts: 186
    Options
    As long as he's taller than me when I'm in 4-inch heels then I'm good :)
    I'm 6'2" Qualify?
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options

But he'll drown if it's too deep :p

*snicker* :tongue:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    5'9" and checking in. For me, I've never looked at a woman and used her height as any indicator of attractiveness. Beauty is beauty. Now, if she has really long legs I might think about them in another way but that is a different thread.

oh heyyyyy
    19536421_1917.jpg
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    I really don't think it is an issue of being shallow... I think it all depends on the height of the WOMAN... a tall woman typically feels awkward about her height and typically prefers for a man to make them feel small and petite, therefore he would have to be taller than her.

Short girls don't have this issue, and are more likely to find short guys attractive.

I personally, at 5'7'', feel horribly awkward when dating guys shorter than me, I don't find it attractive (for me) at all.

Whaddafug??? i dont need a tall man to make me feel small and petite( i am 5'11")...how amusing.

Seriously..I'm 5' even- I think my 6' 3" husband would be upset to learn I APPARENTLY find short guys more attractive....yeesh.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Height is not important to me. ive dated men (exclusively for 4 years) that was 5'4" and im 5'6". I have also dated men who were as tall as 6'6". My hubby is 6'3". It just worked out that way. lol
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    My mother (who just passed at 96) loved to say height doesn't matter when you are laying down.... ;~)
  • shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    I've dated guys who were shorter than me. Height never really bothered me. The deal breaker for me is humor, not height. :smile:
  • Kalona388
    Kalona388 Posts: 82
    Options
    I'm 5' even and most everyone I've dated has been taller than me. I dated one guy that was my same height all the way up to a guy that was 6' 5" it just depends on how the person carries themselves. Confidence is much more important than height. I would typically prefer someone taller than me (again, not hard to accomplish) but height isn't a deal breaker either way.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I like guys my height... theyre easier to man handle and toss onto the bed LOL Ive never gotten into dating really tall guys -- 5'8" - 5'11" is my ideal range
  • saralynn594
    saralynn594 Posts: 321
    Options
    Height is not a deal breaker for me,I've dated guys wayyy taller than myself (I'm 5'8) but I have also dated guys a few inches shorter...no big deal.
    now in other deparments size DOES matter.just sayin