Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

Options

Replies

• Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Because I am 5'7 and in 6in heels I tower over a guy under 6ft tall. All of my serious long-term relationships have been with guys 6ft+.

This is exactly me. Taller somehow makes me feel smaller I guess... Its sexy when I can fit into that little nook on his chest and in his arms.
  • chimpy_chimp
    chimpy_chimp Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Personally, I just prefer my man be taller than ME, which is pretty easy as I am 5'7".

:flowerforyou:
  • Mynx21
    Mynx21 Posts: 21
    Options
    I don't feel a man's attractiveness is defined by height, attractive to me is a man who is intelligent, confident, compassionate, has ambition , attractive on more than just a physical level. I understand everyone is attracted to something different, so looks may play a role in that, but id go for a good personality over a looker any day......... Unless your Channing Tatum. Haha.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Coz women are genetically programmed to go for taller guys - they're the smarter choice for natural selection :wink:
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i don't think height makes a man more attractive, but more desirable to me (i'm 5'10")

but i will say that dating shorter men gives me flashbacks to when i was babysitting brothers and one of them was ALWAYS grabbing my goodies!
  • doreenOrtiz
    doreenOrtiz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am only 5'1 so I like a taller man the one I have now is 5'11 but it does not take much to meet someone who is taller then me.. lol but it is not a total deal breaker as long as he has a good personality.
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    I know a lot of tall, dark and/or pasty, and ugly if it makes you feel better.
    My husband towers over me at 6'3" but I chalk that up to my Napolean Complex... not his attractiveness based on height.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    As a woman who is 5'10", I can tell you that it is hard to feel feminine when you are taller than the average male. There is something very sexy about feeling small and feminine next to a man. Short girls CANNOT understand this. They have always felt this way.

I am 5'7'' and I feel the same way!!
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    Don't worry! Eventually you will find a girl who doesn't look at height. I did forever because I was embarrassed of my own height (I am 5' 10.5") and have always felt extremely awkward and self conscious about it. Finally I found my husband who is almost 3" shorter than I am. I love his personality and find him incredibly attractive, short and all. Good luck to you!!
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", and I like to wear heels. A lot (not all), but a lot of guys, are intimidated by tall women. I wear flats for no man :wink:
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Don't generalize! It might matter to some, but not others. Personally, I have no height pre-requisite when I consider if someone is dating material...that is one of the least important things to me. I'm 5'8, my boyfriend is 5'6. Doesn't matter one bit.
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'9 male who I think is fairly attractive but was told that I would be much more attractive if I was only 6 ft tall. Ladies, why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height? Why is height soooo important to women

It isn't I like guys that aren't too tall. I'm 5'8" and my husband is maybe 5'8.5" I think shorter 5'7"-5'10" and muscular is the sexiest.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I'm Taller than my husband. He had many other things that made him very attractive to me. but, I will admit I would not have thought I would have fallen for someone shorter then me. I guess when the chemistry is there, it's there! I also think there is social pressure for the guy to be taller. We had a customer at our shop laugh while saying, "you married, he short, you tall woman." Guess we should have joined the circus! :laugh:
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love tall men, I always have. I think for me the height makes me feel more secure. I'm 5'4 and I don't really feel as safe and secure w/ a man my height. I don't want a giant man, but I like them about 5'11" to 6'3 is good for me.........
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Makes me feel safe. The taller the better but as long as they are not shorter than me I wouldn't discount them completely!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I'm tall (5 11) but find shorter guys attractive. Would I want to do the nekkid dance with them.... No. *ducks*. I think there's some primal thing about them being bigger/stronger/protective responsible for that. I'd make an exception if you were close but too more than a few inches is too much. (that's what she said)
  • ShannonGo
    ShannonGo Posts: 60
    Options
    I couldn't tell you why, because I don't think its true at all. The first guy I was very serious with was 6'8, I dated another guy who was 6'4 but I married the guy who is 5'7. I'm 5'3. I've never once thought, "oh, my husband would be so much hotter if he was another 5 or 9 or 13 inches taller!" We look fine together, our house is not a disaster where I am too short to reach anything and he's going to constantly be worrying about head clearance.

I think 3 inches of height is beyond abitrary. I think you're talking to sad superficial people.
  • JessicaHerleXO
    JessicaHerleXO Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Because it makes women feel more feminine and protected. I think..... :S
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'2" & so even smaller guys still stands taller than me. My boyfriend is only about less than 2" taller than me & my past relationships, I was with guys taller than him but my current boyfriend is the most attractive guy that I ever met in my life & I'm not just saying this out of love for him.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    i wear 6 inch heels on an almost daily basis and it makes my husband and I the same height, I may even be a tiny bit taller I am 1/4 inch shy of 5 '7. I just like tall men, I dated a few shorter men and it made me feel HUGE. If I hadnt been overweight it may not have been such an issue for me.