oregon people

Options

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    hi.
    my name is robin.
    i moved here from southern california in 1978. (Brentwood)
    i love oregon.
    i was in northen washington, Birch Bay, for spring break last week!
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am a Robin, also. :happy:

My sister lives in Birch Bay. I love it there! Gorgeous and sleepy (except during holidays).
  • slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow Oregonians. I hope you had a great Easter. I thought you'd like the weather forecast for the week 4/4/10 - 4/11/10 from the National Weather Service. :laugh: I guess by Thursday, they got tired of writing the same thing.

Tonight: Showers likely. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Monday: Showers likely. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
    Monday Night: Showers likely. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Tuesday: A 50 percent chance of showers. SSW wind around 10 mph.
    Tuesday Night: A 30 percent chance of rain. SSW wind between 6 and 8 mph.

Wednesday: :noway: Partly sunny, with a high near 60.:noway:
    Wednesday Night: A 50 percent chance of showers.

Thursday: A chance of showers.
    Thursday Night: A chance of showers.

Friday: A chance of showers.
    Friday Night: A chance of showers.

Saturday: A chance of showers.
    Saturday Night: A chance of showers.

Sunday: A chance of showers.

[repeat for next week] <--- I added that.:wink:
  • slightingscale
    Options
    :bigsmile: Forecast was wrong. What a nice day yesterday.
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    Hey there fellow Oregonians. Just started here about two weeks ago. Decided to see who's from my own state.
    I love it here. Hope everyone is doing well.
    Wishing you all good health.
  • oregonlady
    Options
    Hey there fellow Oregonians. Just started here about two weeks ago. Decided to see who's from my own state.

helllo

i wish u the best on our common journey!
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options

Welcome. Where are you in Oregon? SE Portland here.
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    In a little town outside of Salem. Isn't this a beautiful Oregon day!
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    Has anyone here gone hiking around Oregon before. I love to hike. (Just a little worried:ohwell: about wild animals but I'm ok with it most of the time) If you do where do you go?
  • slightingscale
    Options
    Has anyone here gone hiking around Oregon before. I love to hike. (Just a little worried:ohwell: about wild animals but I'm ok with it most of the time) If you do where do you go?
    Have you hiked Silver [Creek] Falls State Park? No wild animals to contend with there, and there are many fantastic waterfalls to see along the route. Great in the spring, when the water is flowing stronger.

There's also a good hike in the North Fork of the Santiam River area (Opal Creek) .

Otherwise, I'm in the PDX area, so we hike a lot in the Columbia River Gorge, or on Mt Hood.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Wow, this post has been going for a while! I'm Jammie and I live in Eugene. I was hoping to find some local ladies on these boards to chat with! Looking forward to getting to you guys!
  • tennisref
    tennisref Posts: 27
    Options
    Have you hiked Silver [Creek] Falls State Park? No wild animals to contend with there, and there are many fantastic waterfalls to see along the route. Great in the spring, when the water is flowing stronger.

There's also a good hike in the North Fork of the Santiam River area (Opal Creek) .

Otherwise, I'm in the PDX area, so we hike a lot in the Columbia River Gorge, or on Mt Hood.

If you get a little more adventurous, there are a few good hikes along the McKenzie River- Proxy Falls (upper and lower) east of Eugene and a set of three falls (Sahalie, Koosah & ???) west of Sisters. There are a few waterfall hikes in the coast range as well. I've found some good books for hiking in Oregon with more ideas: Day hiking the Oregon Coast, Day hikes with dogs and Canine Oregon (note: these hikes are good even if you don't bring (wo)man's best friend)

Can you tell we all love our Waterfalls here in Oregon!!!
  • oregonlady
    Options
    Can you tell we all love our Waterfalls here in Oregon!!!

yes!
    i got married @ multnomah falls. it was beautiful!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I figured out why this post only gets hit every couple of months. All the Oregonians are too busy outdoors hiking--rain or shine.:laugh: :laugh: And anyone who lives around here KNOWS what kind of a Spring we had. Hint: "Drip drip":drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I am just a hanger-on-er from SW Washington. To those of you elsewhere, yesterday and today has been in the 90's so I am staying close to the AC at home or in the car, and my little doggies and I are staying nice and cool.

Happy Summer, at last!!:flowerforyou:
  • kelfox
    kelfox Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just tried a search for Medford, Oregon and found this topic. I didn't find many neighbors, but in the chance that someone finds me and wants a workout buddy, let me know! I'm 37 years old and would love to walk, bike, hike, cardio...whatever you can figure will burn some calories. I mainly workout crazy cardio DVDs, but when given the chance I venture outdoors.

:bigsmile:
    Kel
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I just tried a search for Medford, Oregon and found this topic. I didn't find many neighbors, but in the chance that someone finds me and wants a workout buddy, let me know! I'm 37 years old and would love to walk, bike, hike, cardio...whatever you can figure will burn some calories. I mainly workout crazy cardio DVDs, but when given the chance I venture outdoors.

:bigsmile:
    Kel

I live near Roseburg, so a little too far to workout all of the time, but occasionally we could get together!
  • dw97459
    Options
    Hi fellow Oregonians. Add me as a friend if you need some moral support. I have lost 20 pounds so far and feel awesome.
  • oregonlady
    Options
    Hi fellow Oregonians. Add me as a friend if you need some moral support. I have lost 20 pounds so far and feel awesome.

thank you neighbor!:wink::wink: :wink: i'll befriend you!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    :mad: :mad: :mad: i feel that i'm losing this fight.
    been on mfp for years now. :noway: :noway: lost some, but regained it! :noway: :noway:

i'm having a pity party:cry::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • simplykristie
    simplykristie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Oregon friend-

I live in Southern Oregon and I am a supervisor at Directv. I sure love this website! Its definitely helped me stay focused on my goal! Well good day to you
  • dw97459
    Options
    Don't give up "oregonlady". Weight loss is an up & down battle. This website has been a godsend to me. I have become very aware of all the crap I was eating. And now I eat stuff I like but in moderation. I replaced some of my old addictions to certain bad food items with an addiction to working out. I also vary my workout routine so I don't get bored. It also helps me to blog my thoughts.

Right now I am trying to get the girls I work with to join me. They all want to lose weight but I don't think they are ready yet. What I mainly keep telling everyone is find what motivates you.