COFFEE LOVERS - Anyone given it up?

Options

Replies

• AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! I have my daily protein coffees - basically, iced flavored coffee of my choice (chocolate, hazelnut, strawberry, caramel...) with a scoop of my chocolate whey protein powder. And I usually have another cup at one point throughout the day. I love my flavored coffee and won't give it up unless the caffeine gives me heart palpitations like it did my husband.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I really needed to give it up. I was addicted for YEARS! It was wreaking havoc on my energy levels and my hormones. I was never able to give it up though until some other things in my life fell into place. Proper hormone treatment combined with eating a lot of food (small defecit for weight loss purposes) has given me energy that I was previously dependent on my cup of joe to give me. Now I drink water process decaf most mornings. Some mornings I have a bit of tea instead.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    It would be foolish of me to even think of this! It is one of the staples for professionals which I got accidentally right! I anyway take black without sugar and milk!
  • ruurik
    ruurik Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I loved coffee but noticed I was sometimes grouchy drinking it, like I needed several cups to wake up properly. Nursing cups of coffee in the morning was part of my routine. I now wake up very quickly without it so it was all in my head. It dehydrated me so now I feel healthier for not drinking it. I'll have an occasional cup of tea (no sugar/sweetener, skimmed milk) but mostly drink water.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I have two cups a day, purely because I am an overwhelmed student nurse :laugh:
  • amyadell
    amyadell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just get the coffee itself flavored. They are sugar free! I have a keurig, and it totally = LOVE! I have favors, yet my husband has his extra bold!
    Back on topic... Who in the world could give up coffee all together? I don't think it will ever happen for me, but this is an interesting read... I am curious to know! :)
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    um, hell no :). I have stopped using the chemical sweetened flavored creamer crap that I love :) and replaced it with coconut milk, which I love more, especially in an iced coffee. but I have no plans of giving up the coffee.
  • whitefang66
    whitefang66 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    decaf is just as good as normal coffee.. and with no caffeine :) i drink twining green tea with fruit and ginseng as a replacement for some cups of coffee too.. lush
  • amyadell
    amyadell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have two cups a day, purely because I am an overwhelmed student nurse :laugh:

Haha! Cute... But guess what... Once you graduate, you will then be the overwhelmed registered nurse... You're gonna want THREE cups a day!!! Hahaha!!! I'm teasing.... We do need our coffe, but it's the best job in the world! I cannot imagine doing anything else! Good luck to you!
  • hmtito
    hmtito Posts: 15
    Options
    I've cut back or given up on a lot of things. However, I decided one vice would stay and for me that is coffee. Admittedly, I have reduced my intake significantly for other reasons (blood pressure) and I refuse to drink decaf. One little vice can't be all that bad. Keeps me sane.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hell no, why would I? Caffeine is linked to thermogenesis...Sure it's probably insignificant but it's certainly not detrimental.

I average over 12 cups a day.
  • proudaunt
    proudaunt Posts: 46
    Options
    Try EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control (chocolate fudge or vanilla) as a substitute for your creamer. A 330 ml container has 17 grams of protein and only 110 calories.
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I would have to hurt someone if they tried taking away my coffee. I've decreased it from 32/24 oz to about 12 oz *sob*.

Problem was I liked sweet coffee, now I drink less and use less cream & sugar. *more sobs*

Moderation.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have cut back to one cup a day.... BUT I WILL NOT give it up... :)
  • Mrs_Sheila
    Mrs_Sheila Posts: 39
    Options
    I am going a different way and say that if you feel you WANT to give it up then try it. You'll figure out if it is indeed just a habit or something you enjoy in your day. I love my coffee but have thought that I could drop a good 200 calories from my day if I stopped drinking it. I do NOT like black coffee nor would I switch it over. I stopped diet sodas cold turkey once for 3 weeks. I am considering dropping both the coffee and sodas soon.

i also found humorous to read "If you like it, why give it up?". Had it been ice cream , cookies, or even crack I have a feeling it would have taken a different turn! LOL ~ Just an observation so no haters!
  • iwonajakubiak
    iwonajakubiak Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i was drinking massive ammounts of coffee a day. to start my diet i went for 6 weeks detox when i have cut down coffee and black tea (along with massive ammount other great foods) i was drinking white and green tea instead - after six weeks i never got back to coffee and replaced the habbit with drinking herbal teas... benefits? i no longer use excuse that cannot start my day with no coffee hahahahhahaha
  • Kim_BUFF_Fox
    Options
    I gave it up.

The benefits? My teeth are much much whiter than they were, and it's less sugar for me.
    I replaced my coffee with Lipton Island Mango & Peach White Tea-Pyramid Tea Bags. Every week I try to try a different tea, but this one has been my favorite.

Awesome - thanks so much! I'll try this as well I think :D
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Hell NO! I am a Tim's gal ;)

I did change the way I take it... no more sugar or cream, just one milk ;)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I drink Nescafe green coffee. NO need to give it up if it's good for you.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    COFFEE = ❤

I drink 3 - 4 cups of coffee a day. No sugar, no sweeteners, no cream or milk... just black.
    I love the taste of pure, black coffee.