Options

Replies

• gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    HARSH:.....

add everyone from this thread to your mfp

In 7 months time you'll be the same,
    and all us will be 30lbs lighter and some could be at goal - exactly where you would be if you didnt quit!
    and you will look and be jelous of every single one because they lost the weigh and you 'couldnt'

when in reality you CAN lose weight its just not going as quick as you want it.... would you rather lose 30lb in 2 months and gain it all back?
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    me too.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't have people like this on my FL
  • AminaBurrell77
    Options
    Don't give up! I mean whats the alternative, not try and lose weight and don't excercise?? Then you'll be heavier and definitely not happier in a few months. Stick with it and you will be where you want to be in due time.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You have 20 freaking lbs to lose! I'm trying to lose 140! Which means I am WAY bigger than you and must work harder to move around which means I'm going to lose more faster. 4 lbs in a month is 1 lb a week which is normal weight loss for someone your size! I don't mean to be rude, but I've been doing this for 15 months and I'm STILL not even close to your size. Your post just sickens me! If you want to give up then go ahead. But blame it on yourself and your bad attitude. Don't blame it on your progress because you have made healthy progress. In short and less polite terms, QUIT YO *****IN'!

:love: :flowerforyou:
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    For real? I think I lost nothing my first month. The first month is NOTHING.

Now if you're saying the same thing in five months, maybe you can feel justified in making this post.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    So, you've lost roughly a pound a week then and that's not a success?

You need to revise your expectations. Your body is doing just fine...

This.

good luck with giving up getting you anywhere. Posts like this frustrate me. Try doing some research and learning how its supposed to be done - and what to expect. What makes you think you should just drop weight overnight. stop comparing yourself to other people..... and stop being impatient.
  • seardefilip
    Options
    So, you've lost roughly a pound a week then and that's not a success?

You need to revise your expectations. Your body is doing just fine...

this-

besides did you take measurements- your fat could be shifting into muscle
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You lost 4 pounds; that is an accomplishment! Giving up isn't going to help; it certainly won't help you lose weight. If you quit, you'll just have to start again. You may gain those 4 pounds back; then, you really will have wasted that time and effort. You do it until you reach your goal; quitting is not an option!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Giving up is what you did before.

So you are going to be right back where you started (or worse).
  • KathleenGreenfield
    KathleenGreenfield Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Don't give up i'm the same , keep positive , we'll get there :)
  • APESteacher
    Options
    ok by!

I see everyone on MFP talking about losing 18 pounds the first month, some 20 pounds, some even only 10!!
    But I only lose 4???

I can't believe this. So it will take me 7 entire months to lose 30 pounds??

My body is not meant to be sexy I guess.

It's not fair that I have to go the rest of my life knowing that I can't even sit down without my stomach resting on my lap.

I give up....sorry for the rant. I just can't get over how much I HAVEN'T lost in a full month :(
    [/quote]
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Weird, my goal is to lose 4 pounds a month and if I do, I'll feel freaking elated. If I don't, well I'm not going to give up because I AM sexy and I am meant to be even sexier. If you give up, you're only hurting yourself. P.S. Well done.
  • smartmom0818
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I call B.S.

I just don't think you really expected to lose 10,15, or 20 pounds in a month and you only have 30 to lose overall... did you? And now you have almost eight pages of people begging you not to give up. I'm sorry, but this is just bull. If you really wanted to give up, you would just do it, not make a Public Announcement about it for replies. Weight loss is hard, requires work and patience, and no one on here can baby you through it, plain and simple. Stop comparing yourself to people who weigh more than you and get serious. Be happy that you even lost some weight, because I know people on here who are trying and don't lose anything all month. This is rubbed me the wrong way today.
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Give up... gain weight... come back.. whine some more...

its a cycle..

It took me 2 years to lose 10 pounds... TWO. 24 months, Aprox 731 days.... I have had my ups and downs but for the most part maintained. Had I quit I would have gained well over 10 pounds.

Not EVERYONE loses 20 pounds in the first month, we don't all lose weight the same. Suck it up princess, revise what your doing, stop trying so hard. Change up your exercise and quitcherb!tchn', pull up your big girl panties and keep going.
  • JupiterJune
    Options
    Pffft. I lost 6 pounds in 3 months. Still here (even if this is a different account). The important thing isn't the speed, but the direction.
  • rustled
    rustled Posts: 2
    Options
    Giving up isnt the answer. Your weight loss might not be a good indication of how much fat your actually losing. perhaps you lost 10lbs of fat but happened to gain 6lbs muscle. LOOKS are what matter, not the scale. hang in there
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think a first grade math lesson is in order:

0-0=0
    0-4=-4
  • ebenso1
    ebenso1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I went an entire 2 months without losing a single pound but I lost 2 inches off of my waist! You need to take your measurements. Also make sure you are eating enough calories. I know this seems confusing but if you put your body in starvation mode it will retain the pounds. Plus I think 1 pound a week is fantastic! Give yourself a break! Your still 4 pounds lighter than you were, you didn't put the weight on overnight and it's not going to come off overnight! Be persistant! You will get results!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this thread is already 8pages long, that way I can save my comments about banging my head against the wall for someone else.