No Results??? I give up!!

Options

Replies

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i've been on here a month and have only lost 4lbs as well. don't quit! just because someone else lost 20 doesn't mean you should too. everyone is different. i didn't loose a single pound until just recently (seriously within the past week and a half). to say you have ZERO results is NOT TRUE! you LOST 4 FREAK'N POUNDS!!!!!!! be proud of THAT! it's a huge accomplishment!
    I started changing what I eat, and exercising 6 days a week.

Today marks one month!! Yay, congrats, good job, hang in there......

NO NO and NO!!!

I give up!!

It's been 30 days and I have ZERO results!! I lost 4 lousy pounds??

I see everyone on MFP talking about losing 18 pounds the first month, some 20 pounds, some even only 10!!
    But I only lose 4???

I can't believe this. So it will take me 7 entire months to lose 30 pounds??

My body is not meant to be sexy I guess.

It's not fair that I have to go the rest of my life knowing that I can't even sit down without my stomach resting on my lap.

I give up....sorry for the rant. I just can't get over how much I HAVEN'T lost in a full month :(
  • vachm
    vachm Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wait until you hit menopause - a pound a week will feel like a frickin' miracle! :laugh:
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    7 months is going to go by anyway. It's up to you what you want to do with it.

Who do you want to be in 7 months?
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I started changing what I eat, and exercising 6 days a week.

Today marks one month!! Yay, congrats, good job, hang in there......

NO NO and NO!!!

I give up!!

It's been 30 days and I have ZERO results!! I lost 4 lousy pounds??

I see everyone on MFP talking about losing 18 pounds the first month, some 20 pounds, some even only 10!!
    But I only lose 4???

I can't believe this. So it will take me 7 entire months to lose 30 pounds??

My body is not meant to be sexy I guess.

It's not fair that I have to go the rest of my life knowing that I can't even sit down without my stomach resting on my lap.

I give up....sorry for the rant. I just can't get over how much I HAVEN'T lost in a full month :(

If you quit you will always be heavy.. You can lower your calories to loose 2 pounds a week. Also, the bigger one is the faster it comes off in the beginning, If you are small and only have 30 or so pounds to loose it won't come off as easily. This is not a marathon, it's about a total life change. I have been doing this since Nov and have only lost 20 pounds. It's ok!! And ANY loss is a GOOD loss!!!! If you quit now then you will for sure be destined to hold your belly in your lap. It won't go away on its own!!!! You have to work at it!! You didn't put it on overnight, it won't come off overnight! Good Luck to you!
  • mmwien
    mmwien Posts: 7
    Options
    Please don't give up! Four pounds in a month may not seem like much, but it really is in the healthy range if you want to keep it off. Remember weight loss is a journey that's unique to everyone, and you'll find your way if you just keep going.
    Best of luck to you! :smile:
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    Bump for answers . Honey, That is a lot of weight gone. You should be happy. 1 lb a week is excellent. Change up your meals..eat 6 meals a day , smaller proportions. Change you exercise routine.
    We have and are all in your shoes..Yes we have quit in the past, but NOW..NEVER..this is a lifestyle behavioral change and I need that in my life.
    If you need friends ask and almost anyone on here will help and support you. Remember you didn't get fat overnight nor in a month. It has been a lifetime for me...struggling with the same 40-50 lbs....it is never going to change unless you change.
    You may have some rude comments hurled at you, but that is not how everyone on here is.
    I am here for you if you need a GALPAL that will struggle with you.So many great pals on here.
    TO HAVE A FRIEND BE A FRIEND.....help others in your situation as well. OK?
    Good luc and I will remember you in my thoughts and prayers. :)

nannabannana
  • goodeknight
    goodeknight Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I suggest a visit to the butchers' counter at the nearest super market. Ask the butcher to show you a four pound piece of meat. Heft a four pound unsliced slab of bacon. Four pounds is quite a bit, isn't it. You've accomplished a real loss of weight, girlfriend.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    So, you've lost roughly a pound a week then and that's not a success?

You need to revise your expectations. Your body is doing just fine...

Not even going to bother reading the rest of the posts, this is it. One pound a week when you are aiming for a 30 pound loss is GREAT progress.

Now that I am closer to my goal I lose MAYBE half a pound a week, but it's more like half a pound every two weeks. But my weight is still going down. It's just not consistent week to week, and it's slow, but it *is* going down. I've been at this a while. If I had quit, for instance when I hit a SIX MONTH plateau, then I would still be the weight I was, but now I am 20 pounds lighter than I was at my plateau. You're losing and you're going to quit? Guess you don't really want it.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say I had lost 4 pounds in a month.
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    No disrespect to my wife intended, but from your pictures it doesn't look like you need to lose a lot, anyway. Your "not meant to be sexy" comment doesn't hold up.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose the slower it comes off. Start exercising more and work for it if you want better results.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You look pretty small in your photo. People who lose a lot of weight are usually ones who have a lot to lose. It sounds like you're doing pretty good. Also, I didn't lose anything for the first month. Do you take you measurements? You probably should. I lose about 5 pounds a month but I've lost quite a few inches in the process.

Stressing out isn't going to help you any. Just keep pushing.
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I too have only lost a pound a week. I have lost a total of 16 lbs in 4 months. I'm WINNING!!!! and I didn't not QUIT!
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is great I'm jealous it's taken me over 2 months to shift abot 3.5 pounds but I'm still trying to crack that magic pound a week even though I'm not losing fast at all, if you haven't got much to lose a pound a week is fab progress... I should really up my exercise and stop partying at weekends lol :P
  • TMarieB30
    TMarieB30 Posts: 24
    Options
    1-2 lbs a week is normal and healthy weight loss. Don't give up. Even if it takes that 7 months, you will feel so accomplished and changed your life. Keep your head up. I haven't lost much either but ya gotta keep on keepin on :)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    You don't have a lot to lose so naturally you will lose at a slower rate than someone who has more to lose. I know it can be frustrating but that's just the reality of it. Losing 4lbs in a month (1 lb a week) is actually perfect. You don't want to lose too quickly or you will lose too much lean muscle, which is going to hurt your metabolism. Chin up! 4 lbs is better than none. Just keep on doing what you're doing and I bet you will see the results quicker than you think. It took me 6 months to lose 25 lbs (mostly because the last 5 were so hard to lose.) But I kept with it and glad I did. It will be worth it so chin up.
  • tcmc11
    tcmc11 Posts: 12
    Options
    Chh! Please....I've had a 10-12 pound loss for like, 2 years. I gotta work for every pound lost beyond that, and it's taken (is taking) a long time. Why? Probably because I acted on the same feelings you're having right now. Over and over and over. I'd lose a little, then relax, then gain a little back. Then I'd work hard again, lose a little more, then relax and gain a little back. Not so worth it as you can see.

No givee-upee. Quit watching the clock, a watched pot never boils, and other cliches. Go crochet an afghan. Go read Moby ****. Write yourself a novel. Carve a replica of yourself out of balsa wood and then paint it. Then re-do it because by then you'll have lost six more pounds. Mind on something else for a little while. Hey! I'll follow that protocol too, I need it as well. Good luck!

EDIT: OMG!!! This site autocorrects the title of a book -- Moby **** -- woah!!!! It's a real book, MFP. Really. For real.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Four pounds sounds like you lost 1lb a week which is considered healthy. Congrats. Sadly if you want a quick fix or miracle pill this site is not for you. It is for life changing and healthy eating. Real results.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Plus I wish it would only take me 7 months to lose this weight. Im at 7 and still have a long way to go
  • Nikocan
    Nikocan Posts: 95
    Options
    Oh stop it. People you see on MFP who have lost 16 pounds in a month are usually OBESE, like I was when I started losing weight. I have lost 38 pounds and I am still quite overweight, 200 pounds, so my weight loss is still going to seem more than someone who only has 30 pounds to lose. Your weight loss is proportionate to your current weight!

Yes, it very well may take you 7 months to lose the rest of your weight. So? The 7 months is going to pass anyway so you might as well just go on and lose the weight. Or you can just 'give up' i.e go back to whatever it was that caused you to gain the extra 30 pounds in the first place.

You DON'T have to go the rest of your life with your stomach resting on your lap. If you choose to, that's your business. But understand it is your choice.

Listen to ^^^.. That is absolutely true!