No Results??? I give up!!

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I guess getting fit is not for everybody.
  • micheleluden
    Options
    ummm....1 pound a week is pretty damn good!
    Make sure you are making the right choices for meals. it's a combo.....eat RIGHT and exercise. You'll be amazed how the pounds start falling off!
    don't be a quitter..that's what got you here to start with!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I guess getting fit is not for everybody.

+1
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    i've lost 5 lbs in 4 months... LOL 4 lbs in a month isn't bad. Why give up?
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    All I can really say is, who cares if it takes 7 months to lose the weight? You still lost the weight, and since the 7 months is going to pass anyways, may as well continue to work on the weight loss, and becoming more healthy....

ETA - it also depends on your starting weight... I used to lose 10 lbs a month when I weighed 245 lbs. I am lucky to get 0.5 lbs a week now.... but I will get there.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    It's definitely a good idea to quit. I mean, you'll totally get the body you want by doing nothing at all, right?
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    *cought* negative nancy *cough* :huh:
  • Bearded_Slakoth
    Bearded_Slakoth Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    A HEALTHY weight loss IS 1 pound a week. You are doing GOOD. DON'T GIVE UP!!!
  • Brittabric
    Options
    One pound a week is Success!!! Don't stop. . Besides, a fit body (muscle) weighs more. . guage your success on how your clothes fit. Have you taken in your belt? Are your tops fitting better. You are doing great! Keep it up and listen to the wiser people on MFP. . .They know how to do it!
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    Let's share a gallon of ice cream and watch biggest loser together :-)
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    I started changing what I eat, and exercising 6 days a week.

Today marks one month!! Yay, congrats, good job, hang in there......

NO NO and NO!!!

I give up!!

It's been 30 days and I have ZERO results!! I lost 4 lousy pounds??

I see everyone on MFP talking about losing 18 pounds the first month, some 20 pounds, some even only 10!!
    But I only lose 4???

I can't believe this. So it will take me 7 entire months to lose 30 pounds??

My body is not meant to be sexy I guess.

It's not fair that I have to go the rest of my life knowing that I can't even sit down without my stomach resting on my lap.

I give up....sorry for the rant. I just can't get over how much I HAVEN'T lost in a full month :(
    Honestly, you lost 20% of your goal in the first month. I didn't do that. I think I lost something like 3 lbs in the first month, with all the exercise, etc. The more you have to lose, the more you lose starting off. Now that I'm towards the goal I lose 2 lbs every 2 weeks or so, or in simple math 4 lbs a month. Hell, most people consider that a healthy rate and are aghast if you lose more than that, calling it unhealthy and criticizing you
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I like your attitude. You deserve whatever you settle for. Silver lining? If you still have that belly, you'll always have a place to hold your napkin at dinner.

Seriously... a pound a week is great. You're not fat. Fat people like me lose a lot in short amounts of time because, well because we're fat. Progress is progress, but you won't get anywhere with that attitude. Enjoy being miserable!
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am happy if I lose four pounds in a month. Dropping a pound a week is great.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You have 20 freaking lbs to lose! I'm trying to lose 140! Which means I am WAY bigger than you and must work harder to move around which means I'm going to lose more faster. 4 lbs in a month is 1 lb a week which is normal weight loss for someone your size! I don't mean to be rude, but I've been doing this for 15 months and I'm STILL not even close to your size. Your post just sickens me! If you want to give up then go ahead. But blame it on yourself and your bad attitude. Don't blame it on your progress because you have made healthy progress. In short and less polite terms, QUIT YO *****IN'!
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is *still a positive thing*! No matter how long the effort takes. To get an idea, go to the store (or to your pantry) and pick up a 5 lb bag of sugar, flour, or whatever. You are 1 lb away from that 5 pounds but you will get the idea. It is *heavy*! And that's how much has come off your body. Hang in there!
  • tammyp10
    tammyp10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Boy...I know exactly where you're coming from!! You're not the only one who's losing at turtle speed. I've been on MFP for 3mos and finally lost 10 lbs!! What the hell??!! However, as of this morning it's back to only 8 lbs. It's so frustrating. Hang in there...that's what people keep telling me. I guess ... what have we got to lose... Good Luck :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Well let me see... it's July 17th and I started January 10th... I'm down 29 lbs and that is awesome.

The end.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    You have 20 freaking lbs to lose! I'm trying to lose 140! Which means I am WAY bigger than you and must work harder to move around which means I'm going to lose more faster. 4 lbs in a month is 1 lb a week which is normal weight loss for someone your size! I don't mean to be rude, but I've been doing this for 15 months and I'm STILL not even close to your size. Your post just sickens me! If you want to give up then go ahead. But blame it on yourself and your bad attitude. Don't blame it on your progress because you have made healthy progress. In short and less polite terms, QUIT YO *****IN'!

:drinker:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Just curious if you gained all the weight in a month the way you are expecting to lose it? 1-2 lbs a week is a healthy amount.....People losing a ridiculous amt the first week are usually just losing water from decreased sodium......

I started changing what I eat, and exercising 6 days a week.

Today marks one month!! Yay, congrats, good job, hang in there......

NO NO and NO!!!

I give up!!

It's been 30 days and I have ZERO results!! I lost 4 lousy pounds??

I see everyone on MFP talking about losing 18 pounds the first month, some 20 pounds, some even only 10!!
    But I only lose 4???

I can't believe this. So it will take me 7 entire months to lose 30 pounds??

My body is not meant to be sexy I guess.

It's not fair that I have to go the rest of my life knowing that I can't even sit down without my stomach resting on my lap.

I give up....sorry for the rant. I just can't get over how much I HAVEN'T lost in a full month :(
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Yes of course they lost 18 pounds and you lost 4. They have a lot more weight to lose then 20-30lbs. 4 pounds is great weight loss a pound of week. Why is that bad? If it was important to you, you wouldn't be quitting.